Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Which updates do you like best?

Wysteria. A world for less experienced Wizards.
15% [9]
Aquila. Something for different experience levels.
35% [20]
Azteca. A world for the most experienced Wizards that increases the level cap.
33% [19]
Something else I'll discuss below.
15% [9]

Feedback Friday 11-1-13

AuthorMessage
Administrator
Another 7 days have gone by, and thus, it's Friday again! You all know what that means!

As we've uncovered new areas of the Spiral since Wizard101 launched 5 years ago, there are many different types, for many different levels of experience.

Please vote on the poll above, which asks, which type of updates do you like best? Discussion welcome below. Please try to keep the focus on the experience levels of the areas (and whether they are optional or not), rather than debating other points.

Have a wonderful weekend all!

Standard disclaimer applies: We do not guarantee to use each and every idea submitted, and questions we pose may or may not be pertaining to things we are currently working on, or will ever undertake. Sometimes, there are just technical limitations that make changing things difficult to impossible, and though we possess all manner of magic wands here, there are technological beasts out there that are beyond our grasp. Sometimes, we may not feel it is within the spirit and vision of the spiral to add or change something. Also, we realize that some of these topics may have been addressed before in other threads - sometimes it's good to pick up a discussion again. Chances are I have read your threads and would like to hear more!

“If the Mind is like a candle, the Heart is like the sun.” Professor Falmea
Survivor
Aug 03, 2012
I LOVE Wintertusk. It is a great world because you get a great pet in a quest there. And the pet you get there, for every school, it has a healing talent you can earn. I got a judgement that can cast spritely. I'm lucky.

Travis TitanRider 77

Delver
Aug 26, 2012
Professor Falmea on Nov 1, 2013 wrote:
Another 7 days have gone by, and thus, it's Friday again! You all know what that means!

As we've uncovered new areas of the Spiral since Wizard101 launched 5 years ago, there are many different types, for many different levels of experience.

Please vote on the poll above, which asks, which type of updates do you like best? Discussion welcome below. Please try to keep the focus on the experience levels of the areas (and whether they are optional or not), rather than debating other points.

Standard disclaimer applies: We do not guarantee to use each and every idea submitted, and questions we pose may or may not be pertaining to things we are currently working on, or will ever undertake. Sometimes, there are just technical limitations that make changing things difficult to impossible, and though we possess all manner of magic wands here, there are technological beasts out there that are beyond our grasp. Sometimes, we may not feel it is within the spirit and vision of the spiral to add or change something. Also, we realize that some of these topics may have been addressed before in other threads - sometimes it's good to pick up a discussion again. Chances are I have read your threads and would like to hear more!
I just like 2 of them. Azteca- like worlds which increase your level A LOT, and Aquila- like worlds that you go at low level then you go in higher level and then max level at that time. Hope to hear your votes.

P.S. The new level cap is going to be 100 or higher?

Hero
May 02, 2009
I personally like the worlds that focus on different levels of gameplay, strategies and experience as well; basically something that almost everyone can enjoy no matter who they are or who they might be too as well.

Geographer
Feb 15, 2009
I like new worlds like Azteca that bring higher levels and new spells; increasing in power is what the games about!

Armiger
Jan 11, 2012
The kinds of updates I like are the ones where you guys listen to what we want, and then find a way to implement it. Loremaster and 2nd generation minions are a perfect example of this.

Survivor
Feb 10, 2011
Please expand the original Arc from: wizard city to dragonspyre.
When are we going to get an expansion to krokotopia or even mooshu?
some of us have various accounts with various wizards in different levels,we would like to quest with.
something fun like colosus blvd in wizard city would be extremely fun.
how about the home world of the gobbler king?

If you want more ideas I would be happy to give freely.

Thank you.

Survivor
Feb 22, 2011
Azteca is my favorite world, and that's because KI has hit the mark,
I recognize the ancient world where the Mayans lived.
I myself am very interested in ancient nations.
I can only praise KI, by making Azteca, they have in a good way, given the history - teaching with in this wonderful game.
The Mayans and their hardships should never be forgotten.

Survivor
Apr 03, 2013
I like worlds that are available to players on a lower level, like Wysteria, because I think it gives players a great opportunity to gain experience and level their wizard up so that they can manage the main storyline worlds better. I'm a level 47 fire wizard and I'm working my way through Dragonspyre right now and I think completing Wysteria beforehand gave me a lot of practice for dealing with higher level enemies and bosses, plus I was able to get my wizard to a level where I felt I could complete Dragonspyre successfully. I like the concept of worlds like Aquila as well, but I prefer worlds where I don't absolutely have to have other people with me in order to complete them. It's just nice to have a variety of worlds because it keeps the game constantly exciting for every player, regardless of their level.

Hero
Feb 26, 2012
I don't know when it was put into play, but my favorite area is Wintertusk.

I would call this "an area that has well-balanced play for the level at which a wizard actually is." Where the game works best is where there is some challenge, but the challenge is reasonable. The enemies have health, spells, and attacks that are not overly easy, but that are also manageable for a wizard to tackle in a reasonable amount of time. The storyline is interesting, and it is furthered by the battles, rather than bogged down by the battles.

Frankly, the choices mentioned above are all three areas that I did not really care for. Wysteria was mostly "fluff" to me; Azteca was way too hard, dark, and really unpleasant to me. Of the three you mentioned, Aquila is OK, except that it is made of dungeons, and dungeons take too long to complete.

Even more, I can say that the updates that worked were pretty much the entire first main storyline. That whole first arc had worlds, story, and a balance of play that was right. The bulk of it was enjoyable by everyone. Some areas were hard dungeons that the big intense fighter-type players could get into. Some areas were really light, like Wysteria. But most of it was moderate, and fun for everyone.

Survivor
Dec 22, 2011
I really like Wysteria. I am level 50 something now, but I really enjoyed the experience. It was a happy, blue-skied world in which you got to discover goofy characters and copycat alternative schools. I liked the slight jungle theme to it and the fact that none of the teachers knew what they were doing ! I think it would be fun to add some higher level quests into play, because it was actually one of my favorite worlds.

Archon
Oct 24, 2010
I like Wysteria as well as the expansion of Grizzleheim to Wintertusk.
As an adult that doesn't have hour upon hour to quest, these are fun areas to me.
I would like to see an expansion of Wysteria, and more side worlds like these (think Candy World) since no wizard of mine will ever reach the level cap (this is due not only to time, but to me having to solo everything).

Survivor
Jan 22, 2013
Travis T on Nov 1, 2013 wrote:
I LOVE Wintertusk. It is a great world because you get a great pet in a quest there. And the pet you get there, for every school, it has a healing talent you can earn. I got a judgement that can cast spritely. I'm lucky.

Travis TitanRider 77
i completely agree! I loved Wintertusk! XD My two favorite places, Wintertusk and Avalon.

Delver
Mar 10, 2009
I loved Grizzlehiem and Wintertusk. They were refreshing change of pace and not too difficult, just more fun. I don't mind a challenge but I don't like hard core. I love it when I can solo if I need to but love the fun of getting together to take down a big boss. Just so its not super big challenge all the time and stress when ever you have to fight.

Illuminator
Feb 24, 2009
Aquila. An optional choice for the most prestige of wizards, with a variety of rewards.

Mastermind
Dec 17, 2010
I loved how Aquila brought all Wizards of all levels (unless your under level 30 (or you ported to someone 30+). It was a good idea that excited all. I think it was a good idea to have that, but next time, how about a full on world. Complete with a long story-line, magnificent sights, and most of all, Awesome new spells for all schools of all levels! I think Aquila was a good move by KI.

-Nicholas Hawkspear level 90

Survivor
Jul 28, 2012
Besides what I said in the poll.

I like updates that add worlds like wystaria.

Andrew WaterCrafter- Level 48

Sean FireFlame- Level 5

Delver
Nov 05, 2011
Professor Falmea on Nov 1, 2013 wrote:

Well, I have only unlocked Wysteria so far, so I can't really add my idea. I did vote, I like Griz, but I quit because of the xp.

Survivor
Jul 16, 2013
FinnAgainWindrider on Nov 2, 2013 wrote:
I don't know when it was put into play, but my favorite area is Wintertusk.

I would call this "an area that has well-balanced play for the level at which a wizard actually is." Where the game works best is where there is some challenge, but the challenge is reasonable. The enemies have health, spells, and attacks that are not overly easy, but that are also manageable for a wizard to tackle in a reasonable amount of time. The storyline is interesting, and it is furthered by the battles, rather than bogged down by the battles.

Frankly, the choices mentioned above are all three areas that I did not really care for. Wysteria was mostly "fluff" to me; Azteca was way too hard, dark, and really unpleasant to me. Of the three you mentioned, Aquila is OK, except that it is made of dungeons, and dungeons take too long to complete.

Even more, I can say that the updates that worked were pretty much the entire first main storyline. That whole first arc had worlds, story, and a balance of play that was right. The bulk of it was enjoyable by everyone. Some areas were hard dungeons that the big intense fighter-type players could get into. Some areas were really light, like Wysteria. But most of it was moderate, and fun for everyone.
I Agree with you I think Wintertusk was great and helped me at level 27-33 and although hard at times , it was able to do . I think they need to make more worlds for sure ,but make it also were if you are alone you can play, I like team work and playing with others , but I am also an Adult who enjoys the game and plays when most players are in school. .

Survivor
May 25, 2009
I LOVE dragonspyre. It was REALLY tough for me because most of it is fire and death and those are my 2 schools. Sometimes i felt like quitting. I also disliked it a bit because everything looks the same. Some people say this about marleybone. But I started to like it when i got to the malistare battle. It was very thrilling and i went crazy . It was a full dungeon and we easily got threw it. The battle with malistare was the best! I loved confronting him finally after so long. I always waited for this! It was too good to describe!

Fallon Lotusleaf level 50
Light cannot exist without darkness as can good without evil.

Mastermind
Jun 02, 2013
I put 'Something Else'.

I really like new worlds, but even more just a few extra things on the side. I like the little but deep updates, updates that add little but useful changes or some new, cool side quests.

Explorer
Sep 20, 2011
I was really happy about Aquila until I saw the items drop levels so poor. I have done Tartarus over and over and Cronus double the times and I haven't received one single item of gear or the Athame.

It is really annoying that new updates are so time consuming, so hard and difficult to don't get a significant drop out of it.

So please, if you want us to enjoy the game, make it more rewarding as disappointments one after another, day after day are no really encouraging us to play but all the way around.

Hades please give us one gear item at least 1 out of 3 times. And Cronus athame drop rate increased for all of us as it is the same rate as an exalted amulet (I am fire, and I got the fire exalted amulet before I even had the athame, I still trying but almost gave up) :(

Archon
Sep 17, 2012
I like both the Aquila and Wysteria type of additions in addition to the questline worlds. One gives challenging dungeons with great new gear and the other gives carefree side play that you can just enjoy with friends/family without worry.

For the complaint about Hades and Cronus drops, it's all luck. I've never seen an exalted amulet but I get the Athame all the time. Same with Hades, I've got all three of his styles of everything except for one pair of boots, but never an amulet. It takes a lot of runs yes, but do you really think the bext gear in the game should drop 1/3 of the time? Hades isn't that hard with a couple friends and good teamwork and Cronus can be done solo fairly easily.

Survivor
Jan 27, 2010
I like worlds that increase the level cap for us high level wizards. We have worked hard to get to this level and want more challenges. Lower level wizards have a world(s) to go through when we don't. Also I like having new spells!

Blaze Stormstone, 90

Mastermind
Oct 15, 2010
I like ones like Aquila- different levels (and I would like it more if there were even 3 storylines, but you only had to do the one by your level. If you were 90 you wouldnt have to finish the 30 and 70 first.)

Or ones like Wintertusk where they are around a middle level and didn't increase the cap.