Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Castle suggestions?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Oct 15, 2013
I'm wondering if anyone knows a particularly good castle for someone who wants to set up a mad scientist's lab? A dungeon or cave on the inside with a relatively "normal" or "healthy" green outside for a keeping up good appearances but doing forbidden research vibe would be nice, albeit a haunted forest exterior wouldn't be completely off either. Anything with lots of ambient pipes, gears, fluid tanks, or included Frankensteinien electrical paraphernalia would be nice too.

Granted, so far I've only barely hit level 15 so I suspect it'll be a while before I get my castle (neither of the ones that were available at the castle shop looked even halfway close to what I'd want on the preview), but I'd like to have some idea of what to keep an eye out for.

Oh and if anyone wants to consider my Schools before recommending anything, I'm Myth with secondary Death.

I'd prefer to avoid something directly bought with Crowns but I'm willing to consider it, depending on the expense.

Defender
Aug 26, 2011
in the crowns shop (but available for gold) the death school house gets you the haunted thing you want. try touring it!

Gabriel Ashcaller level 78 overlord

Adherent
Jul 03, 2010
braeinic on Oct 28, 2013 wrote:
I'm wondering if anyone knows a particularly good castle for someone who wants to set up a mad scientist's lab? A dungeon or cave on the inside with a relatively "normal" or "healthy" green outside for a keeping up good appearances but doing forbidden research vibe would be nice, albeit a haunted forest exterior wouldn't be completely off either. Anything with lots of ambient pipes, gears, fluid tanks, or included Frankensteinien electrical paraphernalia would be nice too.

Granted, so far I've only barely hit level 15 so I suspect it'll be a while before I get my castle (neither of the ones that were available at the castle shop looked even halfway close to what I'd want on the preview), but I'd like to have some idea of what to keep an eye out for.

Oh and if anyone wants to consider my Schools before recommending anything, I'm Myth with secondary Death.

I'd prefer to avoid something directly bought with Crowns but I'm willing to consider it, depending on the expense.
Use the Shop button and preview all the castles available - the ones sold in shops in worlds just scratch the surface of what is available. The Death house maybe something to consider altho not so green out side you could put living trees etc. outside. These castles can be bought with gold altho it will take you a while to amass 100,000 you should be able to.

Consider maybe the play house offered in Wizard City as calm out side but the play house area and inside of house you could theme to your liking? It's green out side rather large inside for decorating and inexpensive.

The Red Barn Farm is very normal looking outside but has a lot of space to theme mad scientisty inside with up and down stairs and even a cellar area.

Preview them all and you can get a good idea what may work. The castles offered though the Shop button will have more space for placing things then the usual by world castles.

Survivor
Jul 22, 2011

I like those ideas
Also a balance house that isn't drowned in sand
And a castle with a better built in arena, like seats and battle observations so wizards don't run all over the battlefield like in the massive fantasy palace.

Hero
Feb 26, 2012

I think you might like the Wizards Watchtower from the Crown shop. It is a night setting outside, but otherwise fits what you are wanting perfectly. It has a telescope observatory, and also a cave with a dragon in it. Lots of great spaces for making a mad lab. You can preview it in the crown shop by clicking the magnifying glass with a plus sign in it. Most of these houses can also be bought with gold, so you don't necessarily have to use crowns.