Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Feedback Friday 10-25-13

AuthorMessage
Administrator
It's time for Feedback Friday! Hooray!

While a lot of the Spiral is a wonderful place, it does have it's scary nooks and crannies. One that comes to mind immediately is Haunted Cave, but there are certainly other spooky spots out there.

In honor of Hallowe'en, my question today is: Where is the scariest/spookiest place in the Spiral and why?

Have a hauntingly happy weekend, Wizards!

Standard disclaimer applies: We do not guarantee to use each and every idea submitted, and questions we pose may or may not be pertaining to things we are currently working on, or will ever undertake. Sometimes, there are just technical limitations that make changing things difficult to impossible, and though we possess all manner of magic wands here, there are technological beasts out there that are beyond our grasp. Sometimes, we may not feel it is within the spirit and vision of the spiral to add or change something. Also, we realize that some of these topics may have been addressed before in other threads - sometimes it's good to pick up a discussion again. Chances are I have read your threads and would like to hear more!

“If the Mind is like a candle, the Heart is like the sun.” Professor Falmea
Explorer
Dec 09, 2010
I've always thought that Xibalba to be pretty creepy. The music and dark atmosphere really make it an unwelcome place and having it over your head whenever you are roaming Azteca make it clear that danger is never far and, will inevitably destroy a whole world.

Defender
Aug 26, 2011
scariest? hmm i guess the wyrd is kinda creepy. the purple sky effect is cool and i love the way you/they did the ground.
-my opinion
Gabriel Ashcaller level 77 (and counting ) overlord

Illuminator
Feb 24, 2009
I'd have to say either doomed Azteca or Elephant Graveyard...

Or a comparison of Dragonspyre's grand chasm to it's past ._. Shows how powerful the titans are.

Mastermind
Feb 07, 2010
I would have to say that the scariest place is most, if not all of Dragonspyre. The world looks like it was a pretty intimidating place BEFORE the Dragon Titan took up residence.

On a somewhat semi-technically-meta-relevant sort of note, I've seen concept art of what stands a good chance at being Darkmoor. Whatever it is, I'm certain that world will be taking over the title of spookiest place at some point in the future, even if it's the pirates that go there.

Delver
Nov 05, 2011
Professor Falmea on Oct 25, 2013 wrote:

While a lot of the Spiral is a wonderful place, it does have it's scary nooks and crannies. One that comes to mind immediately is Haunted Cave, but there are certainly other spooky spots out there.

In honor of Hallowe'en, my question today is: Where is the scariest/spookiest place in the Spiral and why?

Standard disclaimer applies: We do not guarantee to use each and every idea submitted, and questions we pose may or may not be pertaining to things we are currently working on, or will ever undertake. Sometimes, there are just technical limitations that make changing things difficult to impossible, and though we possess all manner of magic wands here, there are technological beasts out there that are beyond our grasp. Sometimes, we may not feel it is within the spirit and vision of the spiral to add or change something. Also, we realize that some of these topics may have been addressed before in other threads - sometimes it's good to pick up a discussion again. Chances are I have read your threads and would like to hear more!
Uhh, mabe temple of storms for the pulling, or mabe any hard dude. Though, sunken city and all the caves have cool music.

Survivor
Apr 05, 2013
Professor Falmea on Oct 25, 2013 wrote:

i think the haunted cave

Astrologist
Aug 20, 2011
The Wyrd is the spookiest of the spooky. It's cold looking, dark, has a haunting soundtrack, and there are all those gnarly pointy Tim Burton trees lining the horizon.

Defender
Jul 26, 2012
In all the Spiral? I would say the ghost town Miranda from Pirate101!

I like how there are random ghosts in the distance who vanish when you get too close! You may on occasion see a random skeleton running around as well. I also like how the saloon plays a slowed, warped version of the normally cheery saloon theme you hear around the rest of Cool Ranch.

Between the sounds and visuals, I think Miranda does a great job of having a spooky atmosphere.

Survivor
Jul 26, 2010
The Ancient burial grounds of Mooshu! Just the thought of thousand-year old possibly angry spirits gives me chills!

Explorer
Jul 13, 2010
I find the Well of Spirits pretty spooky. The spirits coming up from the well and the green "water" are scary.

Survivor
Oct 09, 2012
I think Dragonspyre has some pretty creepy stuff, the music is cool and it is dark. the monsters there are sometimes creepy as well.

-my opinion

Lvl 42 student :)

Delver
Dec 30, 2012
Haunted Cave, not for the visuals but for the sound. It actually gets annoying, that really high screeching sound. Gives me a headache!

Defender
Apr 10, 2012
Night Side is creepy and when I first went in there it was very hard and the monsters will snatch ya right off the sidewalk if you are not careful.

Also the Halloween Veggie Dungeon. I mean, come on, it has to be creepy to have veggies coming after you right? *grins and winks* :)

Champion
Dec 03, 2012
Defender
Jul 10, 2009
Tanner Silver on Oct 26, 2013 wrote:
In all the Spiral? I would say the ghost town Miranda from Pirate101!

I like how there are random ghosts in the distance who vanish when you get too close! You may on occasion see a random skeleton running around as well. I also like how the saloon plays a slowed, warped version of the normally cheery saloon theme you hear around the rest of Cool Ranch.

Between the sounds and visuals, I think Miranda does a great job of having a spooky atmosphere.
Are we going there, yeah, I guess were going there.

I think the Ashen Roads in MooShu are pretty creepy, as well as Marleybone as a whole.

In Wizard101, I'd have to say the Drake hatchery in DragonSpyre.

Haley MoonHeart, Archmage Thaumagture
Ivette Xavier, Level 51 Witchdoctor.

Survivor
Aug 15, 2012
I would say Dragonspyre because being able to see the dragon titan almost wherever you go is pretty intimidating.

Hero
Feb 26, 2012
I agree with a lot of the posts here already -- Dragonspyre, Nightside, the Wyrd.

But for me, hands down, it is Azteca after the apocalypse. I find it terribly unsettling to go back to that world at all, now that I finished it. (Fortunately, I don't really need to...)

Delver
Aug 26, 2012
I call for The Waterworks. Sure not very spooky once you passed it but i really got scared when:

1. Its mysteriously rising and lowering
2. Mysterious enemy
3. That glurrup guy who scares you out! like get out of here! I felt it was the apocalipses the first time!
4. The odds! Imean who wouldn't be scared if he has to kill 4 sharks and hi alone!
5. When you return to the hub glurrub isn't threre! which inmediatly puts you thinking: is he dead? are you being followed?
6. fish driving robots! seriously who does that?!
7. The music of creepy creepy-ness!
8. The valve if you haven't seen the bars the first time you go in. I was like should i get close i could get sucked in.

Overrall VERY SPOOKY!!!!

Administrator
Some very, very spooky places indeed! Thanks for your feedback, Wizards!

“If the Mind is like a candle, the Heart is like the sun.” Professor Falmea
Defender
Apr 07, 2012
tell me what you think elephant graveyard or the wyrd the most spookiest place in the spiral tell me what you think Valerian Fireheart L95