Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Morganthe is Balance?

AuthorMessage
Mastermind
Dec 17, 2010
Ok, so I think it's very unfair that Death has been the bad guy, TWICE. So I think instead of Morganthe being Death, she should be Balance. It only makes scene. She was the first person to learn magic from Ambrose. Being his first student Ambrose had more time to teach her, and she would know all magic, making her Balance. I hope KI keeps in mind that Death magic is not evil.

-Nicholas Hawkspear level 90

Geographer
Mar 12, 2013
Aww, what is this?

Morganthe should be ICE.

1. She has two spiders as pets - the light coloured kind you find in Krokosphinx, Crystal grove, and Savarstaad Pass. NOT the brown death spiders or the Giant Spiders that give the life bubble
  2. She spams Woolly Mammoth at the least provocation in Ghost AV
  3. She leads you into a sunken pit in Mirror Lake that's populated by giant ice bugs

Although her personality is consistent with death in that she is a loner who does a lot of independent study (including a fair amount of things she wasn't supposed to).

A balance archvillain would frankly look a lot more like the ones we already know - Luska, Belloq, Gladiator. Garrulous, ubiquitous, lots of sand.

Survivor
Apr 18, 2009
Nicholas Hawkspear on Oct 2, 2013 wrote:
Ok, so I think it's very unfair that Death has been the bad guy, TWICE. So I think instead of Morganthe being Death, she should be Balance. It only makes scene. She was the first person to learn magic from Ambrose. Being his first student Ambrose had more time to teach her, and she would know all magic, making her Balance. I hope KI keeps in mind that Death magic is not evil.

I strongly disagree. There have been several other "bad guys" than just death.

Hero
Nov 14, 2010

maybe its because death is idk the school named death?

Hero
Nov 14, 2010

all magic meaning not just balance balance storm fire ice life death and myth. balance is not all of them

Champion
Aug 20, 2010
crunkatog on Oct 2, 2013 wrote:
Aww, what is this?

Morganthe should be ICE.

1. She has two spiders as pets - the light coloured kind you find in Krokosphinx, Crystal grove, and Savarstaad Pass. NOT the brown death spiders or the Giant Spiders that give the life bubble
  2. She spams Woolly Mammoth at the least provocation in Ghost AV
  3. She leads you into a sunken pit in Mirror Lake that's populated by giant ice bugs

Although her personality is consistent with death in that she is a loner who does a lot of independent study (including a fair amount of things she wasn't supposed to).

A balance archvillain would frankly look a lot more like the ones we already know - Luska, Belloq, Gladiator. Garrulous, ubiquitous, lots of sand.
I gotta agree, whenever I see morganthe she gives me a ice feeling, her soul is cold afterall. I remember reading something, where someone said Morganthe should be life, since she represents the dark side of life, interesting idea, but hard to say if it'll work.

Explorer
Feb 24, 2012
Survivor
Dec 04, 2012
critical blizzard on Oct 11, 2013 wrote:
all magic meaning not just balance balance storm fire ice life death and myth. balance is not all of them
Technically it is. If you have not played as a balance character or you simply didnt pay attention, you wouldnt know what one of the first school quests for it is about. The quest leads you to a judgement that tells you how storm and ice are combined to form water which is created by balance. So yes, i believe that morganthe should be a balance character.

Delver
Apr 21, 2012

Nothing short of a complete makeover will convince me she is anything but Death. Also, she was when you face her in Avalon. I just think it's a little late, but the school is something KI should consider for the next arc.

Hero
Nov 14, 2010
tdc69666 on Oct 14, 2013 wrote:
Technically it is. If you have not played as a balance character or you simply didnt pay attention, you wouldnt know what one of the first school quests for it is about. The quest leads you to a judgement that tells you how storm and ice are combined to form water which is created by balance. So yes, i believe that morganthe should be a balance character.
i played a balance character and i can tell you it has fire storm ice myth death and life damage but it doesn't have all talents do you get a balance health drain? and it hasn't had a minion since early in the first arc (chapter)
judgement they need to fix storm balance has a single target x rank and storm doesn't do they have a damage over time and what level is it if they do? when he said had time to teach her all magics he meant real life spells and real storm spells and real fire spells and real death spells and real ice spells and real myth spells AND balance spells

Mastermind
Jun 02, 2013
Well, KI can do as they please. She's been death in Avalon, and the look of it helps. However, a second major death boss would be sad for death players ( they already had to do Malistaire). The comment of her being ice is a good idea. Maybe she could be moon..?

Survivor
Oct 07, 2012

I would wholeheartedly disagree with this statement because it's simple logic, where is the balance school located? Kroktopia, so why would it make sense that she is balance if Ambrose taught her, I believe if she is not death she should be some unknown school such that, balance actually boosts on it.

Level 90 Patrick Dragoneyes

Survivor
Jun 15, 2013
honestly as a death wizard myself i would love morganthe to be a death wizard. death has always been seen as a darkside in w101, after all the villians from the storylines always want to bring anarky and chaos to the spiral and thats were the school of death comes in.

in my personal opinion i just can't see balance,ice,fire ect. schools be the school of a main villain, because the colors of the rest of the schools are just colorful while death colors are dull and dark which is represented in morganthes stlye of clothes

but then again KI would make her in an astral school

- talon shadowwraith lvl 56 death wizard