Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Storm Tactic?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Apr 16, 2010
I find questing solo hard as storm and now that i am level 88 i need to go get my storm owl which is really hard because of their mass shielding and giants. Any suggestions?

Adherent
Jul 03, 2010
HoldTheCone on Sep 26, 2013 wrote:
I find questing solo hard as storm and now that i am level 88 i need to go get my storm owl which is really hard because of their mass shielding and giants. Any suggestions?
Yes here and I think Duelist also has one?

http://wizard.mercenaries101.com/so-long-and-thanks-for-all-the-fish/

Survivor
Apr 16, 2010
Northlite on Sep 26, 2013 wrote:
Yes here and I think Duelist also has one?

http://wizard.mercenaries101.com/so-long-and-thanks-for-all-the-fish/
Well i wasen't looking for the specific quest. I am looking more for how to efficiently and easily solo the game as storm. Take in regards that i have no healing pets. Also no life amulet.

Adherent
Jul 03, 2010
HoldTheCone on Sep 27, 2013 wrote:
Well i wasen't looking for the specific quest. I am looking more for how to efficiently and easily solo the game as storm. Take in regards that i have no healing pets. Also no life amulet.
http://wizard.mercenaries101.com/smash-and-grab/

I have only soloed so far to mid CL I do have a healing pet but it is not very active. I would suggest maybe trying to get one? In game you can get the starfish, jellyfish and your Kraken may get it.

I am not sure solo though AZ with storm would be easy but you maybe able to achieve efficiently.

Survivor
Aug 11, 2011
As you are going through Azteca as a storm, you need to get used to the changed timing of the battles - the opponents are going to attack you hard during the first turn, and then build up to attack again between every four of five turns. So you need to survive the first turn, and then try to attack before the 5th turn. This means casting shields right away, changing your gear to maximize resistance for each enemy between each battle (and not just walking around with general resistance/ Waterworks gear) to survive that first round, and equipping spell cards to finish off at least one enemy before that attacks during turns 4 or 5. For me, I use a deck with leviathan, healing current, and prisms, if needed. Sometimes, the battles are almost impossible if you don't get to cast first in a turn, so you may have to repeat a battle a couple of times until you get to cast first.

Also, you should be able to get a healing/resistance pet with a jelly fish pet that can be bought with gold.

Explorer
Mar 13, 2009
I soloed most of Azteca with my storm. I had a double heal/double resist pet, crafted the best gear I could, and took the time to modify my deck/gear for each battle. Hope that helps

Delver
Mar 10, 2009
Cool Jack on Sep 27, 2013 wrote:
As you are going through Azteca as a storm, you need to get used to the changed timing of the battles - the opponents are going to attack you hard during the first turn, and then build up to attack again between every four of five turns. So you need to survive the first turn, and then try to attack before the 5th turn. This means casting shields right away, changing your gear to maximize resistance for each enemy between each battle (and not just walking around with general resistance/ Waterworks gear) to survive that first round, and equipping spell cards to finish off at least one enemy before that attacks during turns 4 or 5. For me, I use a deck with leviathan, healing current, and prisms, if needed. Sometimes, the battles are almost impossible if you don't get to cast first in a turn, so you may have to repeat a battle a couple of times until you get to cast first.

Also, you should be able to get a healing/resistance pet with a jelly fish pet that can be bought with gold.
Nice tips there. It's great to see posters giving such good advice that really helps folk out. Thank you.