Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Ultimate Rival! Ultimate Wizard!

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Dec 14, 2008
This was an epic idea I had (It was also inspired by a horrible dream I had about me playing wizard101). First off, your wizard can't be the most powerful in the spiral right? there has to be another wizard also striving to be better
"Attention (insert your wizard name here) I'm Liam BattleStriker and I'm issuing this challenge to you to test my skills!"
Every time you wizard gains a new title starting from initiate and clearing the respective world, Liam will then challenge you to a fight in his house in that world. for example: when you become and initiate and clear wizard city he will ask to challenge you. after which when you become an adept and clear krockotopia (and defeat him in wizard city) he will challenge you again only stronger of course. naturally he is meant to be the ultimate challenge for wizard so that means no friends allowed during his fight. in fact, no crown shop minions either. because he's a wizard like you he won't have any cheats, but his stats will get higher and higher as you continue to fight him in each world. now before you think that this will be easy, here's what sets Liam apart from normal wizards and gives him the right to claim he's the ultimate wizard. He has universal mastery and every spell available at the level he is when he challenges you. of course he'll have the AI to know how to use these spells properly (Unlike normal monsters). remember though, he's a wizard to. in other words he has a spell deck like you and can run out of spells. ( I can't think of how many spells he should have though) should you actually mange to stall hi out of cards his next action will be to repeatedly use his wand attack which damage and bonus effect scales with its level. now for those of you wondering: what do I get out of this? here's the answer: a badge that says Ultimate (scales with title). for instance: you defeat Liam in mooshu and gain that Badge Ultimate Master Pyromancer (If your fire of course). then if you beat him in Dragonspyre you receive the badge Ultimate Grandmaster Pyromancer. but for those of you who don't care for medals and titles he will of course drop rare exclusive gear and a Liam BattleStriker treasure card. not to mention Liam is a good sport and wants you to grow stronger to so he will willingly drop rare reagents such as turquoise and amber. he will also drop mega snacks so your pet can get better with you. I hope you guys like this idea or have suggestions. I was thinking of a Liam Battlestriker exclusive pet but I can't think of anything good. Reply and always try to be the ultimate wizard!

"How do you know I'm the ultimate wizard? Simple, I soloed everything. I know every spell and have mastered every school. my gear is so advanced that even the greatest crafters in the spiral are left in awe by it. once I defeat you in combat no one will question my title again!"-Liam BattleStriker (the first time he challenges you)

Defender
Jul 02, 2009
True Fire on Sep 22, 2013 wrote:
This was an epic idea I had (It was also inspired by a horrible dream I had about me playing wizard101). First off, your wizard can't be the most powerful in the spiral right? there has to be another wizard also striving to be better
"Attention (insert your wizard name here) I'm Liam BattleStriker and I'm issuing this challenge to you to test my skills!"
Every time you wizard gains a new title starting from initiate and clearing the respective world, Liam will then challenge you to a fight in his house in that world. for example: when you become and initiate and clear wizard city he will ask to challenge you. after which when you become an adept and clear krockotopia (and defeat him in wizard city) he will challenge you again only stronger of course. naturally he is meant to be the ultimate challenge for wizard so that means no friends allowed during his fight. in fact, no crown shop minions either. because he's a wizard like you he won't have any cheats, but his stats will get higher and higher as you continue to fight him in each world. now before you think that this will be easy, here's what sets Liam apart from normal wizards and gives him the right to claim he's the ultimate wizard. He has universal mastery and every spell available at the level he is when he challenges you. of course he'll have the AI to know how to use these spells properly (Unlike normal monsters). remember though, he's a wizard to. in other words he has a spell deck like you and can run out of spells. ( I can't think of how many spells he should have though) should you actually mange to stall hi out of cards his next action will be to repeatedly use his wand attack which damage and bonus effect scales with its level. now for those of you wondering: what do I get out of this? here's the answer: a badge that says Ultimate (scales with title). for instance: you defeat Liam in mooshu and gain that Badge Ultimate Master Pyromancer (If your fire of course). then if you beat him in Dragonspyre you receive the badge Ultimate Grandmaster Pyromancer. but for those of you who don't care for medals and titles he will of course drop rare exclusive gear and a Liam BattleStriker treasure card. not to mention Liam is a good sport and wants you to grow stronger to so he will willingly drop rare reagents such as turquoise and amber. he will also drop mega snacks so your pet can get better with you. I hope you guys like this idea or have suggestions. I was thinking of a Liam Battlestriker exclusive pet but I can't think of anything good. Reply and always try to be the ultimate wizard!

"How do you know I'm the ultimate wizard? Simple, I soloed everything. I know every spell and have mastered every school. my gear is so advanced that even the greatest crafters in the spiral are left in awe by it. once I defeat you in combat no one will question my title again!"-Liam BattleStriker (the first time he challenges you)
I like this idea. I really do! Maybe for a pet it drops the mighty school pet. It depends on your school, and your lvl, and at which time you battle Liam in which world. For example: ice could get the winter penguin pet, fire gets the destructive ember pet, storm gets the tame tornado pet, balance gets the scales of equality pet, life gets the ferocious kangaroo mouse warrior pet, myth gets the titan's Pegasus pet, and finally, death gets the skeletal raven pet.
All of these pets would learn spritely at teen, and learn spell proof at adult. The rest of the talents depend on its school. For example, the tame tornado pet(storm's pet) would have a big chance at learning damage boosting abilities. The talents and abilities would depend at what time and lvl you got these pets. If you got your pet in wizard city, if the pet got health gift, it wouldn't give a huge amount of health. Like I said before the pet would depend on you school. Ice can only get the winter penguin pet, and myth can only get the titan's Pegasus pet. Death can't get the ferocious kangaroo mouse warrior pet, and storm can't get the scales of equality pet. I hope these ideas help!

Historian
May 06, 2009

I like the idea, but doesn't making Liam Battlestriker run out of cards make him less ultimate? I mean take Ivan Soul Singer and the Carpe Diam Society gang into consideration. They all are Wizards like you, but can never run out of spells because they are still consider Bosses. If that is the case, Liam should not run out of spells either.

Also, if Liam is going to know every spell up to his level, I think his deck should progressively get smaller to accomodate only the necessary spells.

So let's say you beat Wizard City. By then you should know your level 10 spell. By what you're saying, he would know:

Fire Blade, Fire Cat, Fire Elf, Glacial Shield, Sun Bird, Freeze, Ice Beetle, Snow Serpent, Volcanic Shield, Evil Snowman, Lighting Strike, Thundersnake, Lighting Bats, Thermic Shield, Storm Shark, Minor Blessing, Imp, Leprechaun, Legend Shield, Sprite, Golem Minion, Blood Bat, Troll, Ether Shield, Cyclops, Death Trap, Dark Sprite, Ghoul, Dream Shield, Banshee, Elemental Shield, Scarab, Scorpian, Weakness, and Locus Swarm.

...I think this would be very excessive. It would be very large of a deck to carry so many spells as they keep adding up over the levels. I think he should loose spells (like Rank 1-3) as we keep challenging him at he end of battles. His Deck should also get smaller to match with the way mobs have theirs mapped out (small)

I also don't think he needs to be a solo boss. Players should enjoy a group fight and if more than 1 Wizard were to join him, they he gets a random minion from each school (Level 75 Minions after Avalon+).

If you're looking for a good pet drop, why not Ultimate Pet? Could look like a pox or wisp. It was one of the most asked for as a pet back in the day.

I think he should also begin to cheat as things get harder, just to make him more challenging.

I think this is a good concept, but needs tweaking.

Delver
Aug 26, 2012
Great idea! The pet should be depending on your class

this are some I thought about:

a Ra thing

a Pegasus from snow angel card

a skeletal dragon

some kind of drake or fire dragon

a basilisk

a centaur or dyrad

some kind of storm owl

these classes too?

sorry if some of these pets already exist. I know some high lvl cards but not high lvl pets

Find me in the game:

Ian Dragonshield lvl 52

Luke Skywalker lvl 6

Mastermind
Jun 02, 2013
Sounds like a good idea! And level 20+ he would have 2 Reshuffle cards, because it's the only way for a wizard to keep having spells in their deck. Also here are common pet drop ideas:

Storm: Giant Squid (pet size)
Ice: Ice Penguin
Fire: Flaming Ember
Balance: Sandstone Golem
Life: Living Mushroom
Death: Death Raven
Myth: Mythical Alien
Ultra Rare drop: Pox of Utility (all the pets' best abilities in one)

Also, what should Liam's school be? One of the Astral schools?

Defender
Jul 02, 2009
Luke Skysleeper on Sep 22, 2013 wrote:

a Ra thing

a skeletal dragon

a basilisk

a centaur or dyrad

some kind of storm owl

these classes too?

sorry if some of these pets already exist. I know some high lvl cards but not high lvl pets

Find me in the game:

Ian Dragonshield lvl 52

Luke Skywalker lvl 6
Myth already has a basilisk pet, death already has a skeletal dragon pet, and fire probably has a fire dragon pet. I don't think the pets(if they were to be made) should just be repeats of old spells. A Ra pet? Snow angel pet? From Celestia?I think they should be unique, and appeal to the aspects of that particular school.

Delver
Aug 26, 2012
Spiral emperor on Sep 24, 2013 wrote:
Myth already has a basilisk pet, death already has a skeletal dragon pet, and fire probably has a fire dragon pet. I don't think the pets(if they were to be made) should just be repeats of old spells. A Ra pet? Snow angel pet? From Celestia?I think they should be unique, and appeal to the aspects of that particular school.
Hey you are right. Thanks for the heads up with the high lvl pet stuff thing. Actually I like your idea more

Delver
Aug 26, 2012
Luke Skysleeper on Sep 22, 2013 wrote:

a Ra thing

a skeletal dragon

a basilisk

a centaur or dyrad

some kind of storm owl

these classes too?

Find me in the game:

Ian Dragonshield lvl 52

Luke Skywalker lvl 6
I've been re thinking the pets ideas:

like a wizard city town guard pet size

a gigantic ice dragon

a lord of the underworld like thing, could be like a wraith but not a skeleton and the cape could be full of magma

I still think a drake from Dragonspyre would be cool

a myth serpent (different from thunder snake and snow serpent)

like a wild humanoid bear with a little flying green dot at his side

agreed with Soup Wizard 64, A giant squid

Historian
Jul 18, 2010

I'm ready to fight this so called best wizard right now

My pet ideas for drops from him:
A fire dragon like the ones in dragonsypre. (Not the spell, the ones with armor)
As someone suggested, the Pegasus from snow angel
Someone said a giant squid , I This idea too !
A Grendel from grizzleheim
A Death pixie!!!!!
A myth seraph!!!! There's a death seraph, and a regular seraph, so why not a Seraph to finish it off ?
Ummm idk ....

Maybe some additional astral pets for all schools
Like the bosses in trial of spheres

Delver
Aug 26, 2012
Stormgem307 on Sep 29, 2013 wrote:
I'm ready to fight this so called best wizard right now

My pet ideas for drops from him:
A fire dragon like the ones in dragonsypre. (Not the spell, the ones with armor)
As someone suggested, the Pegasus from snow angel
Someone said a giant squid , I This idea too !
A Grendel from grizzleheim
A Death pixie!!!!!
A myth seraph!!!! There's a death seraph, and a regular seraph, so why not a Seraph to finish it off ?
Ummm idk ....

Maybe some additional astral pets for all schools
Like the bosses in trial of spheres
Hey Stormgem307 thanks for what you said about my pet suggestions

the drakes (you know dragonspyre dragons)

i was the one who suggested a pegasus

Soup Wizard64 was the one who came up with the giant squid idea

Grendels? agreed with you

Death pixie could be cool but i like my invented wraith (not a skeleton, cape is full of lava)

TOTALLY like this idea!!!!!!!

me niether....

Explorer
Dec 01, 2012

That sounds AWESOME! It's also be cool if Merle challenges you. After you finish Liam, he challenges you for you to claim the title of a new badge, "Unlimited Wizard"

Defender
Apr 07, 2011

Awesome!!! KI should implement your suggestion.

My pet ideas:

ice golem
mini power nova :)
swamp siren
burning skeleton
...idk
centaur
storm cloud

Delver
Aug 26, 2012
Jerry Saibot on Oct 1, 2013 wrote:
Awesome!!! KI should implement your suggestion.

My pet ideas:

ice golem
mini power nova :)
swamp siren
burning skeleton
...idk
centaur
storm cloud
Jerry ice golems are like colossus if not I don't know what your saying. Though I like you power nova idea

Archon
Sep 17, 2012
I like the idea but I would add an additional challenge to it. With him being a solo challenge, he should be 100% resist to your school, and 50% resist to your opposite school. No boost or resist to any other schools. This would force wizards to use prisms and other school spells, which is kind of the purpose. I would allow mastery to all schools for him, but limit him to 7 pip spells in all (of course only the lower levels in the lower worlds of the spire). That should make him a sufficient challenge at all levels but not impossible while also teaching valuable dueling skills for wizards.

Defender
Oct 15, 2009
Are you saying each wizard fights themselves?

Delver
Aug 26, 2012
JEEPERZ. on Nov 15, 2013 wrote:
Are you saying each wizard fights themselves?
Well that is what a solo battle means. Group battle is with other people

Defender
Oct 15, 2009
If this idea is referencing wizards dueling duplicates of themselves, its already been suggested many times with no prevail.

Delver
Aug 26, 2012
JEEPERZ. on Nov 16, 2013 wrote:
If this idea is referencing wizards dueling duplicates of themselves, its already been suggested many times with no prevail.
Actually no what we mean is another wizard against us.

So i have consulted with the imaginary high council and this is what i think the pet drop should be:

Power Nova

Pegasus

My skeleton thing (read the other post and sorry dark fairy but your already created)

Drake dragon

Myth Seraph

Grendels

Giant squid

Explorer
Oct 30, 2011
seethe42 on Nov 14, 2013 wrote:
I like the idea but I would add an additional challenge to it. With him being a solo challenge, he should be 100% resist to your school, and 50% resist to your opposite school. No boost or resist to any other schools. This would force wizards to use prisms and other school spells, which is kind of the purpose. I would allow mastery to all schools for him, but limit him to 7 pip spells in all (of course only the lower levels in the lower worlds of the spire). That should make him a sufficient challenge at all levels but not impossible while also teaching valuable dueling skills for wizards.
Sorry, but I don't agree with your idea, Seethe42. The school of balance don't have any prisms. I know, they have Hydra and Chimera, but Hydra is level 42. Also, some schools has to wait for they're prisms. I think my ice first got his prism in level 12 or something, and I think some other schools have to wait even longer. (Correct me if I'm wrong). So I don't think Liam should have 100% resist to your school, and 50% to your opposite. (I know that it could be a challenge, but it is kinda too much if he is a solo boss).

Jonathan Frogheart - Thaumaturge of his Castle
Wolf Frogheart - The Stormcaller in the Woods
James Frogheart - The Necromancer who became a Vegetarian

Delver
Aug 26, 2012
WolfyJonathan on Dec 6, 2013 wrote:
Sorry, but I don't agree with your idea, Seethe42. The school of balance don't have any prisms. I know, they have Hydra and Chimera, but Hydra is level 42. Also, some schools has to wait for they're prisms. I think my ice first got his prism in level 12 or something, and I think some other schools have to wait even longer. (Correct me if I'm wrong). So I don't think Liam should have 100% resist to your school, and 50% to your opposite. (I know that it could be a challenge, but it is kinda too much if he is a solo boss).

Jonathan Frogheart - Thaumaturge of his Castle
Wolf Frogheart - The Stormcaller in the Woods
James Frogheart - The Necromancer who became a Vegetarian
I kinda agreed with you wolfy jonathan

Delver
Aug 26, 2012
So guys here i had this pretty cool idea concerning the Liam Battlestriker storyline:

1. Yes we can make it like a mini storyline for each world (after all you did say we fight him one time each world). So yea there is this guy who plans on defeating us (the wizard and Liam) for our secrets to magic. So its like he has a secret agent on every world:

Wizard City: Corrupt wizard

Krokotopia: Green mander (yes they do exist)

Marleybone: Scotland Yard traitor

Moo Shu: Evil Samoorai warlord

Dragonspyre: Dark wizard from the academy

Grizzleheim: Bear spy

Wysteria: cheating student

Celestia: Crustacean shaman

Zafaria: Gorilla puncher

Avalon: Ice elf

Azteca: ghost triceratops

Khrysalis: Rebelled shadow-web soldier

Boss: Pete Longfang

So my idea is that SOME of them we fight with Liam cause yea we are supposed to be the rivals but he is still good.

2. Ally for us, like we are not rivals but we met at Wizard City so we became friends (this is part of Liam Battlestriker storyline) and if your a boy the ally is a girl vice versa but still i don't know (you know what i'll leave to your decision guys).So its nothing that powerful like Liam or us but still fights. Like we kind of sneak to the Pete's agents' bases and then we storm in with Liam. Also the ally gives us important advices and tips concerning the Ultimate Rival! Storyline. So the name if it would be a girl would be Kelly Lightshield, if the ally is a boy he's name is Ian Lightsword.

So thats all, let me know your thoughts guys