Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Please tell me Wizard101 will never close

AuthorMessage
Mastermind
Jun 10, 2011
With the recent devastation people have gone through with Disney's ToonTown closing , I would just like to make sure Wizard101 still has a LOT of time left?

I would hate if Wizard101 would close down as one of my childhood favorites already did.

Administrator
We were very saddened by the news of the loss of such amazing family games such as Disney's ToonTown, Pirates of the Caribbean, Pixie Hollow and Cartoon Network's FusionFall.

All of these games were great in their own way, and it's really tough for communities to stay together in times like this, which is why we extended offers to players of those games to get a special deal on their first month Membership with the code 'Welcome2KI' - so invite your friends over to play!

As for Wizard101, we've been a live game for five years, and we've never been stronger. We have such amazing plans ahead, including the culmination of Morganthe's tale (or is it?) as well as several new chapters ahead in the story of the Spiral.

We're not going anywhere, young Wizards, the real adventure is just beginning!

community@wizard101.com
Survivor
Oct 31, 2009
As with all online games, eventually the inevitable will come and W101 will close. Just happy to know that those plans are not in the near future.. at least not before we get a Wizards 102, 201 or maybe a 101 squared, lol!

Out of all the announced closings, PotCO bothers me the most. That was a great game and will be missed!

Survivor
Jun 16, 2009
When I first saw that Toontown was closing I was very sad because I played that game the same amount I've been playing wizard101. And I have subscriptions for both and I'm sad because I played that game a lot. I just hope that wizard101 doesn't close because I love this game

Archon
Feb 07, 2011
aerofool on Sep 20, 2013 wrote:
As with all online games, eventually the inevitable will come and W101 will close. Just happy to know that those plans are not in the near future.. at least not before we get a Wizards 102, 201 or maybe a 101 squared, lol!

Out of all the announced closings, PotCO bothers me the most. That was a great game and will be missed!
I played PotCO briefly some years ago, and I enjoyed it; it was a wonderful game, and I was disappointed to hear it had met such a sad end. At least that is not in the immediate future for us~

I have high hopes for w101~ may it still be alive and well, even when I am neither.
(it'll probably be w10001 by that point, and von will be breaking out of her tomb to play it!)

Strength in numbers, young wizards!

-v.

Defender
Aug 20, 2008
KingsIsle has an advantage over a lot of other games: They run the whole show. Most games have one company that designs the game and another company, usually a big one like EA, or Disney, or Sony Online Entertainment that publishes the game (meaning that they handle sales and running the computers that the game runs on).

The only people KingsIsle have to answer to are themselves. That gives them a lot of leeway in deciding just how low the profits have to go before it's considered "time to shut the doors". It also means that the profits don't have to be really high in order to make the game profitable. If they're making enough to keep the servers running, and pay everyone's Christmas bonuses then they're doing alright.

I expect that Wizard101 will be around for several years to come.

Historian
Jul 18, 2010
Professor Greyrose on Sep 20, 2013 wrote:
We were very saddened by the news of the loss of such amazing family games such as Disney's ToonTown, Pirates of the Caribbean, Pixie Hollow and Cartoon Network's FusionFall.

All of these games were great in their own way, and it's really tough for communities to stay together in times like this, which is why we extended offers to players of those games to get a special deal on their first month Membership with the code 'Welcome2KI' - so invite your friends over to play!

As for Wizard101, we've been a live game for five years, and we've never been stronger. We have such amazing plans ahead, including the culmination of Morganthe's tale (or is it?) as well as several new chapters ahead in the story of the Spiral.

My gosh, I remember when toontown first came out .... What a great commercial ! Anyway yesterday my BFF texted me pixie hollow was closing. I was upset, since that was a big part of my early childhood THEN I got scared wizard101 was gonna close lol. I'm worry wart Glad I read your replay professor greyrose!! LOL!

Champion
Jan 27, 2010
I'm very unhappy about the shut down of toontown as it is one of the first multiplayer adventure games I'd ever set virtual foot in but theres also the good side because so many people will miss toontown they'll decide to play wiz101 or pirate101 thus making the KI community stronger which means more funding for KI which means a large expansion of the 101 franchise for a long time.

Champion
Dec 03, 2012
Professor Greyrose on Sep 20, 2013 wrote:

Thank goodness. I was looking for a new game to play (I ended up getting P101) and I saw Toontown was closed. I played Pixie Hollow for a while, and that closed, too. But Disney maybe is going to make some new games... thank goodness they didn't close Club Penguin... My favorite game besides W101.

Explorer
Jun 04, 2011
It is very sad to see game like Toontown and Pixie Hollow close.

I remember being a young girl, playing Pixie Hollow. I loved the concept, and the graphics and designing were very beautiful and new. Toontown I played with my younger brother, and I love the quirkiness of the game, and the interesting storylines.

These games have a special place in my heart, and its sad to see them go. But on the second hand, I'm really happy Wizard101 still has years to come!

Emmaline Iceshard
Lvl. 64 Legendary Thaumaturge

Squire
Jul 28, 2011
Pixie hollow closed?! :(........I used to play that....Well, not as much as I used to play Club Penguin LOL, thank goodness they didn't close that

Wizard101 forever!!!!!!

Cya in the spiral