Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Message Mania

AuthorMessage
Survivor
May 13, 2013
Ok, so I'll try to keep this short, since it's my second time writing it.

Do Not Whine About Other/Your Schools Period

I think we've all seen this. It happens not only here, but on all the fan sites. People just complain about schools so often, I thought someone needed to stop it.

To prove my point here, I will make a case for why each school is bad.

"Kingsisle has really destroyed storm. When they gave us wild bolt, everything was fine, but then it got nerfed, and now it has a high chance to wast all your blades and traps. If that isn't bad enough, then we got insane bolt, which might actually kill you. And don't even get me started on health."

"Ice's avalon spells were a joke. No one ever uses snow drift, and cool down helps enemies. Everyone thinks ice is amazing, but without good spells and good damage, we're just sitting ducks. " (insert duck quacking here)

"Death has been cheated for the last time. I will give you a list of why it's so bad ready? Mass infection is well not worth the three pips, not to mention bad juju. Maybe it would be a little helpful in PvE, but PvPers would just wand it off. And we don't get an AoE till level 48. When death started, they had the second best accuracy in the game, guess how much they have with waterworks? Ready? Count with me! 1... 2... Oh, wait no that's right, we have to stop at ZERO."

^ had some fun writing this one ^

"This is obviously the worst school. Everyone thinks it's so great, but honestly if you're a soloer, it's horrible. Before the update, we didn't have a single AoE, not to mention we don't get a rank 6 attack. Rebirth is ok in a group, but soloing, its useless."

"Fire is ridiculous. We don't get good health, or accuracy, or a good blade, or any good spells. All we get is damage. What are we supposed to do with that? It's like storm but not as powerful. Need I say more?"

"Everyone thinks that myth is good, but in truth, we are really just second to the other schools. The highest we can hit with an AoE is 325. Read that again. Three twenty-five. Thats pretty much what we got. We have no rank 6 spell, and earthquake, which people think is amazing, isn't actually that good in PvE, since mobs aren't programmed to stack up on blades."

"Balance is awful at soloing. For the people out there with menu chat, you get what I'm saying. Most of balance's spells are group based, and if you don't have friends, maybe due to menu chat, it can be very, very, hard."

Ran out of characters. Hope you enjoyed!

Oh and I can also do the same thing to say each school is overpowered, so this isn't just about how they're not underpowered.

Leave me some comments to read!

Archon
Feb 07, 2011
let me just say that all schools have been ruined by pvp~ arena folk like to complain about anything and everything; any spell used against them is overpowered, and they cry nerf without consideration for pve players, who have to use the same spells and may be disadvantaged by said nerf.

that said, i disagree that life is the worst school~ my life wizard soloed all the way through celestia, and her forest lords regularly hit 5k on each enemy, because i've built her to be so much more than just a healer.

ice is a tank~ it was a good idea originally, but ki has since blown it out of proportion: most everyone in pve and pvp complains about ice's high health and immunity, esp. fire and storm.

balance is severely disadvantaged, in both pve and pvp: even at level 90, we can't break shields or wand off weakness, and we are the only school without a DoT or prisms. same-school boss fights are torture, because they spam tri-shields and we can't get rid of them or convert to another school to bypass them, like everyone else has been able to from the get-go.

and i hate, hate, hate myth... it's just there for pvp/the enemies in pve to chain-stun and troll people with earthquake. and, with the amount of it that's required at the upper levels, shatter should have been a balance spell.

time to go back to bed and get up on the right side this time.

-v.

Armiger
Feb 25, 2009
I have wizards in all schools and I certainly don't have the issues you are stating.

My storm does not use spells that can backfire period. (2 storm wizards)

My Ice is not in Av yet and she is still only a baby, but I have friends with lvl 90 that I love to quest with. (1ice wizard)

My Death is doing just fine but as with most of my wizards, she will adjust her gear to maintain accuracy. (2 death wizards)

My life(lvl 90) did a very large amount of soloing throughout the game including some of the Cheating bosses. I don't load spells I don't need when I solo that are meant mainly for team questing. (2 life wizards)

My fire does just fine with her accuracy, here again, check your gear. (2 fire wizards)

My Myth has hit much higher than 325 with a rank 4 AoE. Maybe mobs/bosses don't stack blades but we can. Buff up before casting. (1 Myth wizard)

My Balance as with all of my wizards do and have done a lot of solo. Have not had any problems with doing this either. (2 balance wizards)

As you can see, I have 12 wizards. I certainly have not had any issues that I can't overcome by changing a piece or 2 of gear when I need to.

As for the schools being overpowered, my opinion on this is that those making this kind of claim have not completed Azteca or have issues in PvP.

KI did a lot of real life research before creating the schools. Each school is based on how they are in real life or in some cases Mythology.

If you are having issues with how each schoool works for you, I would suggest taking a look at the gear first.

If this is meant to be about PvP and not PvE, then it is in the wrong forum.

Mastermind
Mar 13, 2012
Um.. some of the spells in fire are good.

But most of all;
THANK YOU!!! I am sick of people saying that this or that about a certian school. And also the people in it.

THANK YOU!!!!!!!!

Champion
Aug 20, 2010
ThatHelpfulThaumat... on Sep 12, 2013 wrote:

I think we've all seen this. It happens not only here, but on all the fan sites. People just complain about schools so often, I thought someone needed to stop it.

"Kingsisle has really destroyed storm. When they gave us wild bolt, everything was fine, but then it got nerfed, and now it has a high chance to wast all your blades and traps. If that isn't bad enough, then we got insane bolt, which might actually kill you. And don't even get me started on health."

"Ice's avalon spells were a joke. No one ever uses snow drift, and cool down helps enemies. Everyone thinks ice is amazing, but without good spells and good damage, we're just sitting ducks. " (insert duck quacking here)

"Death has been cheated for the last time. I will give you a list of why it's so bad ready? Mass infection is well not worth the three pips, not to mention bad juju. Maybe it would be a little helpful in PvE, but PvPers would just wand it off. And we don't get an AoE till level 48. When death started, they had the second best accuracy in the game, guess how much they have with waterworks? Ready? Count with me! 1... 2... Oh, wait no that's right, we have to stop at ZERO."

"This is obviously the worst school. Everyone thinks it's so great, but honestly if you're a soloer, it's horrible. Before the update, we didn't have a single AoE, not to mention we don't get a rank 6 attack. Rebirth is ok in a group, but soloing, its useless."

"Fire is ridiculous. We don't get good health, or accuracy, or a good blade, or any good spells. All we get is damage. What are we supposed to do with that? It's like storm but not as powerful. Need I say more?"

"Everyone thinks that myth is good, but in truth, we are really just second to the other schools. The highest we can hit with an AoE is 325. Read that again. Three twenty-five. Thats pretty much what we got. We have no rank 6 spell, and earthquake, which people think is amazing, isn't actually that good in PvE, since mobs aren't programmed to stack up on blades."

"Balance is awful at soloing. For the people out there with menu chat, you get what I'm saying. Most of balance's spells are group based, and if you don't have friends, maybe due to menu chat, it can be very, very, hard."

Oh and I can also do the same thing to say each school is overpowered, so this isn't just about how they're not underpowered.

My main school is balance, so I can't say anything about the others, but Balance is not terrible at soloing. For anyone who thinks it is, why did you pick a school where you need strategy?

Survivor
May 13, 2013
Dear people,

You miss my point.

I put things in quotations for a reason. I am not complaining. I am just mocking the people that do, and I want to show them how an argument could be made for any school saying that it's overpowered or underpowered or whatever. I am trying to say that all the schools have problems and difficulties, and people need to just deal with it and stop spamming the forums.

Champion
Dec 03, 2012

Really?
Ok let me start.

Wild bolt still has a chance of doing good. The spells didn't destroy storm, they just made them a tad worse. Because one thing is bad doesn't mean all is bad. And the health is just a downside.

I agree with the Avalon spells, but disagree with your statement about how weak they are. Just focus on the upside of ice- defense. Sometimes, weak spells help to use a smaller amount of damage for an almost-dead enemy. That can help.

Um... We have damage and heal and feint. Not powerful? The exact opposite. Also, the accuracy is fine. The AOE thing, this school is the first school to get an attack and heal spell. And that can be very helpful.

Uh hello? Forest lord, that is great for soloing. And the healing, can be very helpful in soloing. Your on the verge of dying, just heal. I'm angry because it is not the worst school, you just have to think. You do get a rank 6 attack. Centaur.

What are you supposed to do with damage? Attack. This is one of my favorite schools, tied with balance. You have DOT, accuracy is fine, I agree about the blade, and we have great spells.

I guess you could say myth is mainly for PVP. Hate to say it, but in some way, he is right. But myth is more than that.
And...

Balance is based around group. But it still has good spells. Level 60+ gets easier, but below it is a nightmare. I have a 79 balance myself, and in the level 50-60 I struggled. Anyway, you can solo. Balance takes more work. It is maybe for a person who loves challenges. Once, as Von said, you have to the right personality to play it. I thought I didn't but, I do.

Mastermind
Mar 05, 2011

Sorry, can't say I agree. In PvP almost all of these spells are useful. I use cooldown..wait how does it help enemies? I also carry snow drift. You must never have stolen a critical Availing hands. Since when is balance bad at soloing? My bro soloed almost all of AZTECA on a balance wizard. He just couldn't do Xibalba pretty much. And about myth, if you think your AoE is so bad then just spam it. Make the best of it, instead of using power nova my bro mostly used Sandstorm, a rank 4 spell. Also Ice's best one hit AoE is 475 damage, just thought I'd clue you in on that. And since when has storm been bad? With all that attack, its only bosses that are even MILDLY challenging. And Death..I assume you think that because waterworks gear doesn't give accuracy its useless huh? *sigh* it gives POWER PIP PERCENTAGE. Just like life and balance's do. Life's doesn't give accuracy but I don't hear you complaining about that.

Completely disagree.
Wolf Skullslinger along with my others

Armiger
Feb 25, 2009
Dear people,

You miss my point.

I put things in quotations for a reason. I am not complaining. I am just mocking the people that do, and I want to show them how an argument could be made for any school saying that it's overpowered or underpowered or whatever. I am trying to say that all the schools have problems and difficulties, and people need to just deal with it and stop spamming the forums.
The forums are here for players to voice their opinons or complain. Sometimes it is a way for KI to figure out if there is a problem somewhere and other times it lets players help each other maybe find the right gear or change a strategy.

We all know there are a few problems with each school, but overall, most can be overcome with a little help along the way.

The overpowered, underpowered issues usually pop up in regards to PvP and usually from those that have not yet really learned how to use gear and strategy to the best advantage.

I don't really think players are spamming the forums. When I see this is overpowered or underpowered, I may take a look at it and if I see something that makes sense, I may comment. Otherwise, I ignore the majority of it.

As I said in my previous post, I have wizards in all schools and I solo a lot. I have friends in all schools as well. We team up and usually compliment each other with how we play. We have each others back as a team and by doing this, any possible issues with any school are greatly reduced.

Survivor
May 13, 2013
Wolf Skullslinger on Sep 13, 2013 wrote:
Sorry, can't say I agree. In PvP almost all of these spells are useful. I use cooldown..wait how does it help enemies? I also carry snow drift. You must never have stolen a critical Availing hands. Since when is balance bad at soloing? My bro soloed almost all of AZTECA on a balance wizard. He just couldn't do Xibalba pretty much. And about myth, if you think your AoE is so bad then just spam it. Make the best of it, instead of using power nova my bro mostly used Sandstorm, a rank 4 spell. Also Ice's best one hit AoE is 475 damage, just thought I'd clue you in on that. And since when has storm been bad? With all that attack, its only bosses that are even MILDLY challenging. And Death..I assume you think that because waterworks gear doesn't give accuracy its useless huh? *sigh* it gives POWER PIP PERCENTAGE. Just like life and balance's do. Life's doesn't give accuracy but I don't hear you complaining about that.

Completely disagree.
Wolf Skullslinger along with my others
Read my response. I have nothing wrong with these spells, just the people that do. I am fully aware that ice's 7-pip AoE hits 475. If YOU haven't noticed, life have 5% more accuracy than death, the most accuracy in the game. Obviously, you haven't noticed the things other people say about this on the forums.

By the way, no real reason to respond this way, you could have said that a lot less jerkily.

Survivor
May 21, 2013
I also disagree with this statement I solo a lot and I am life. At times i can take out anywhere from five thousand to ten thousand hit points with my forest lord or my gnome. It depends on strategy and how you have your deck fixed.

As far as schools have you never apparently watched your friends in battle. When storm, ice, balance, or even myth, take out over half of hit points in one hit. Trust me not schools its how you play the game.

Not to mention those that complain don't pay attention when playing or they would realize all schools have their strenght's and weaknesses cause they all do. Its all a game of strategy and how you play.

So before you start downing schools etc get facts straight!!

Jasmine Dragonrider lvl 82