Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

What Happened to Spritely? Is my pet sick?

AuthorMessage
Hero
Feb 26, 2012
I have a mega fierce hound that used to cast spritely like crazy. But for quite a while now, he will only cast spritely very rarely, if at all. In the last several days of playing, I can't remember him casting spritely at all. Did he get sick or what? I miss the help of my loyal hound!

Administrator
As of the August 2013 update:
https://www.wizard101.com/game/community/update-notes/august2013#misc

Your pet will not cast Spritely if you are at full health.

community@wizard101.com
Adherent
Jul 03, 2010
FinnAgainWindrider on Sep 8, 2013 wrote:
I have a mega fierce hound that used to cast spritely like crazy. But for quite a while now, he will only cast spritely very rarely, if at all. In the last several days of playing, I can't remember him casting spritely at all. Did he get sick or what? I miss the help of my loyal hound!
I know the update says if you are full health but apparently my pet didn't get the memo because I can be down to 2 health and nothing is going on ever.

In 3 hours of play yesterday my Leopard cast spritely twice. OTOH the Brave Hound that rarely cast before it now is casting more.

Leads me to believe I need to dig out those pets with spritely I cast aside because of their lack of healthing and see how they are now.

In the end I am glad I have enough Spritely pets now to bother training any more for this trait as it seems to be fazing out of the pets abilities.

Armiger
Jan 11, 2012
FinnAgainWindrider on Sep 8, 2013 wrote:
other than the situation the Professor pointed out, I would say to be patient. Since the update went into effect, my pet completely shut down on casting for a couple of weeks. However, he has woken up again and is a casting fool like before. I would say be patient and see if yours doesnt wake up as well

Hero
Feb 26, 2012
Thanks professor for the info. I missed that update. But my pet is not casting even when my health is low! Were the percentage chances of casting also lowered other than at full health?

It took me a fair amount of work to get my pet to mega, and a fair amount of crowns spent on mega snacks, and now it seems I have a sick pet to show for it. I came to depend on my loyal hound, and now he seems not very dependable. I feel kind of cheated, to tell the truth.

And frankly, I liked the pet casting spritely at full health too, it was a good protection. There is an old, but very wise saying: "An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure." Spritely used to be like that. I'd like my ounce of prevention back!

Hero
Aug 18, 2011
Please consider changing that back. It is a most unneeded and unwelcome "update".

Illuminator
Oct 22, 2011
Join the club. Pets are not casting spritely as much as they used to, even before the recent change in sprite (spritely will not cast at full health is the recent change).

Delver
Nov 05, 2011
BrynnerOfReign on Sep 10, 2013 wrote:
Join the club. Pets are not casting spritely as much as they used to, even before the recent change in sprite (spritely will not cast at full health is the recent change).
Recent, not decent.
All of us do not want that change!
KI, why did you make that change?
It was better then.
Anyone argue?
If you do, what is your reason?

Historian
Jul 18, 2010
I wish they never did that update honestly . Sure it makes battles faster but ....... Pets less helpful ....

Hero
Feb 26, 2012
Yes, again, I too wish this change had never been made. Since this thread started, several other threads have also started with the same basic problem. And after looking more, there were also several started before this one.

We "pet-people" put a lot of effort into hatching and training pets that are helpful healing pets. Now it seems that effort is wasted. This update was a very unfortunate change. It sure would be nice if in the next update, KI could change it back!

Spritely was not broken before; there was no need to fix it. Now it is broken; so please fix it back to make it work right again!