Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Is the fire school bad for pvp?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Oct 25, 2012
When I began this game, I chose fire because, lets face it, fire is cool.

Little did I know that it is considered one of the worst schools in the game, or so I have read.

Since I have put a lot of work into this wizard, I really don't want to start over. But, I did want to do pvp and stuff after I finished the game. Do you think I should just start over, or stick with it?

Champion
Aug 20, 2010
Supermegamash520 on Sep 4, 2013 wrote:

Little did I know that it is considered one of the worst schools in the game, or so I have read.

Since I have put a lot of work into this wizard, I really don't want to start over. But, I did want to do pvp and stuff after I finished the game. Do you think I should just start over, or stick with it?
Stick with it, fire becomes powerful as it progresses. They have good aoes (Rain of fire, fire dragon) and are great in 1v1 with many powerful hits and dots. I personally do not comprehend how some people can think that sun serpent is not good or underpowered. I have seen sun serpent take out cronus and almost kill his minions, that is what you want in a school, that is also what you don't want to face in pvp.

Survivor
Jan 19, 2010

Stick with it. There is not 1 bad school. All have there flaws and their advanages. Fire has large damage over time with decent health i consider it a fine school just as all the others. Dont let another rediculous opinion get you down like that again :D. I noticed no one qouted you :(.

Mastermind
Mar 05, 2011

I actually think Fire is rated as one of the highest PvP schools. Stick with it.

Good luck!
Wolf Skullslinger

Survivor
Jul 30, 2011
The fire school is very challenging to master at level 90 pvp, its gear damage is far too low to be considered second in damage and so are the spells, next fire's dots are not special anymore and we don't even have the best dots. and lastly a big reason fire has been left behind is spells from other schools have surpassed fire
x cough x backdraft x cough x detonate, while other schools like storm and death and balance and myth, o wait all of them got much better spells than fire at lvl 72 and lvl 75 and lvl 78 such as mana burn, bad juju, healing current and more. and as if that isn't enough the triage tc is very widespread and very easy to get at the bazaar, which leaves your dot removed for just zero pips

this post was not meant to complain there are solutions to these problems which i will offer
1 increase fire damage to just 5-8 points below storms and stop gibing us 18 robe damage on every robe
2 increase spell damage take into consideration fire is second in damage and needs the damage to survive
3 offer us a better dot for minimal pips ex inferno salamander 65+760 damage over three rounds 6 pips
4 offer a decent utility spell such as steal four blades for 3 pip, similar to storms enfeeble just like steal blade was to disarm and a sort of accuracy bad juju like take 175 damage and -90% accuracy
5 offer a decent stun spell so players cannot just triage out a dot right after its cast and take next to no damage

as if this isn't enough these are the top schools on the pvp leaderboard
1 Storm 10 people
2 ice 7
2 life 7
4 balance 6
5 death 5
6 myth 3
7 fire 2
out of the top 1000 there are only 40 lvl 90s 40/1000!
out of that 40 only 2 are fire and one of them Austin Legendflame is #998 barely on there
fire is the lowest of the low in lvl 90 pvp
the majority of the top 100 is lvl 50 no doubt taking a huge advantage from warlord gear and full resist pets
out of the 40 the top 3 schools have 60% of the top level 90 but only make up 3/7 of all schools, less than 40%

Survivor
Oct 25, 2012
bran4971 on Sep 6, 2013 wrote:
The fire school is very challenging to master at level 90 pvp, its gear damage is far too low to be considered second in damage and so are the spells, next fire's dots are not special anymore and we don't even have the best dots. and lastly a big reason fire has been left behind is spells from other schools have surpassed fire
x cough x backdraft x cough x detonate, while other schools like storm and death and balance and myth, o wait all of them got much better spells than fire at lvl 72 and lvl 75 and lvl 78 such as mana burn, bad juju, healing current and more. and as if that isn't enough the triage tc is very widespread and very easy to get at the bazaar, which leaves your dot removed for just zero pips

this post was not meant to complain there are solutions to these problems which i will offer
1 increase fire damage to just 5-8 points below storms and stop gibing us 18 robe damage on every robe
2 increase spell damage take into consideration fire is second in damage and needs the damage to survive
3 offer us a better dot for minimal pips ex inferno salamander 65+760 damage over three rounds 6 pips
4 offer a decent utility spell such as steal four blades for 3 pip, similar to storms enfeeble just like steal blade was to disarm and a sort of accuracy bad juju like take 175 damage and -90% accuracy
5 offer a decent stun spell so players cannot just triage out a dot right after its cast and take next to no damage

1 Storm 10 people
2 ice 7
2 life 7
4 balance 6
5 death 5
6 myth 3
7 fire 2
out of that 40 only 2 are fire and one of them Austin Legendflame is #998 barely on there
the majority of the top 100 is lvl 50 no doubt taking a huge advantage from warlord gear and full resist pets
out of the 40 the top 3 schools have 60% of the top level 90 but only make up 3/7 of all schools, less than 40%
It's really sad how unbalanced they made this game.

It's like they purposely made the worst, and made and the best.

Really sad how I wasted months on this game, and then told that the game isn't balanced and I chose a school KI doesn't care about.

Seriously. How stupid.

Defender
Sep 19, 2010
Supermegamash520 on Sep 6, 2013 wrote:
It's really sad how unbalanced they made this game.

It's like they purposely made the worst, and made and the best.

Really sad how I wasted months on this game, and then told that the game isn't balanced and I chose a school KI doesn't care about.

Seriously. How stupid.
Hey, fire isn't a bad school for pvp. I'm just barely below getting into leaderboards on mine, you just need tactics. Unfortunately, one of mine is rage quit if you get a fire immune message, but those don't happen all that often. Try casting shields and single blades until you have full pips, and then cast wyldfire followed by vengeance/infallible. Attack with 3 Power Links or Normal Links in a row, and follow them with an Efreet. you can usually get about 500 damage a round from EACH link, along with 2000-3000 from the efreet.

Mastermind
Jan 23, 2011
bran4971 on Sep 6, 2013 wrote:

1 Storm 10 people
2 ice 7
2 life 7
4 balance 6
5 death 5
6 myth 3
7 fire 2
I always wondered why fire's gear has such a low damage boost and I do think it should be increased a bit. Fire has really been weakened in Avalon considering the junk spells we received. And I also do definitely agree that fire should get a decent dot like inferno salamander. Fire does have good dots like rain of fire, scald, and fire dragon but they all do damage to all enemies, therefore the damage isn't as high as a dot to one enemy. I wish KI would give us a good one enemy hit dot like inferno salamander, change detonate to 100% accuracy and zero pips, and increase our damage boost by a few points.

Armiger
Jan 11, 2012
stormninja542 on Sep 7, 2013 wrote:
I always wondered why fire's gear has such a low damage boost and I do think it should be increased a bit. Fire has really been weakened in Avalon considering the junk spells we received. And I also do definitely agree that fire should get a decent dot like inferno salamander. Fire does have good dots like rain of fire, scald, and fire dragon but they all do damage to all enemies, therefore the damage isn't as high as a dot to one enemy. I wish KI would give us a good one enemy hit dot like inferno salamander, change detonate to 100% accuracy and zero pips, and increase our damage boost by a few points.
wow really? Did you forget about heckhound? For the same price at Fire Dragon (7 pips) you could do a 910 damage heck hound (Fire Dragon does 791 damage so for the same cost, HH does 120 more damage [40 per round for 3 rounds]). If you have good sun spells and blades, HH is a KILLER spell

Mastermind
Jan 23, 2011
dayerider on Sep 8, 2013 wrote:
wow really? Did you forget about heckhound? For the same price at Fire Dragon (7 pips) you could do a 910 damage heck hound (Fire Dragon does 791 damage so for the same cost, HH does 120 more damage [40 per round for 3 rounds]). If you have good sun spells and blades, HH is a KILLER spell
dayerider I do like heckhound in pvp but unlike poison or frostbite it takes all of your pips away. I just think fire should receive a good one enemy hit dot that DOESN'T take all your pips away. Yes power link is good but another decent dot, not just one. Oh ya and btw fire dragon hits all enemies so heckhound is no better than fire dragon.

Armiger
Jan 11, 2012
stormninja542 on Sep 10, 2013 wrote:
dayerider I do like heckhound in pvp but unlike poison or frostbite it takes all of your pips away. I just think fire should receive a good one enemy hit dot that DOESN'T take all your pips away. Yes power link is good but another decent dot, not just one. Oh ya and btw fire dragon hits all enemies so heckhound is no better than fire dragon.
Ah, see, that little bit of clarification helps me out :) You're right, after Fire elf, almost everything else is AoE except Link and Power Link.

Yes, Dragon attacks all, but my point was to compare an attack all vs a single attack spell :)