Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Balance Wizard Secondary School - Help?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Mar 12, 2011
*sorry if this is the wrong place to post this - wasn't sure*

So I've tried almost every magic school and I always went back to my original Balance wizard. I'm currently in Krokotopia and just went back into Grizzleheim. Currently I'm level 21.

Now I've been having this problem a lot, every now and then I get stuck in battle and my health starts to go down, no matter what sheilds I have. I've been knocked out many times. I'm not sure if it's the way I've arranged my deck, but I think it's my secondary school. When I first started the game I had no clue about really thinking the schools through so I chose storm to boost up the power of my spells.

I'm getting really sick of the fizzle and even with the high power I can't wait to cast a storm spell and have it fizzle, then the next round die. I have enough crowns to buy back my training points and from what I heard death, life, and ice are good secondary schools for balance.

So should I buy back my training points? If not what should I do, I've been stuck on this for awhile now.

-Thanks!

Survivor
Jul 12, 2013
Well for balance wizards I would say ice is the best secondary class I am a ice wizard and chose storm for my secondary and it is actually well but you should buy them back and get ice spells this is my opinion.

Survivor
Jun 21, 2009
I would go with life. With judgement you can afford the lower power attack spells that life has and can benefit by the healing spells. I would train up to satyr and then switch to a different school because I find that sanctuary (which is the 50% healing spell increase this that surrounds your battle) isn't very helpful, especially when you get to higher level bosses who can and will heal themselves. I just started a balance wiz with life as a second after getting my life wizzy to grandmaster. Hope this helped, but it is only an opinion. If you like another school better for more powerful spells then you can always stack up the heals as treasure cards.

Champion
Aug 20, 2010
Taylor Hawkgem on Aug 27, 2013 wrote:
*sorry if this is the wrong place to post this - wasn't sure*

So I've tried almost every magic school and I always went back to my original Balance wizard. I'm currently in Krokotopia and just went back into Grizzleheim. Currently I'm level 21.

Now I've been having this problem a lot, every now and then I get stuck in battle and my health starts to go down, no matter what sheilds I have. I've been knocked out many times. I'm not sure if it's the way I've arranged my deck, but I think it's my secondary school. When I first started the game I had no clue about really thinking the schools through so I chose storm to boost up the power of my spells.

I'm getting really sick of the fizzle and even with the high power I can't wait to cast a storm spell and have it fizzle, then the next round die. I have enough crowns to buy back my training points and from what I heard death, life, and ice are good secondary schools for balance.

So should I buy back my training points? If not what should I do, I've been stuck on this for awhile now.

-Thanks!
Ice to Tower Shield
Death to Feint
(Possibly Life to Satyr, if you have a life amulet. I am a promethean balance, and rarely use satyr compared to availing hands.)

No need to fully train one whole school until the last spell, use strategy and don't waste points on spells you don't need.

Survivor
Aug 03, 2011
I am A lvl. 36 fire wizard. I have trained in life and ice. Ice because it is the opposite of fire. I trained in life so I can be part healer. I have found it very helpful because I now have satyr and can heal my friends if need be. Another thing is do you have a bravehound? Wizard101gave them out to everyone a while ago. If you train it to a teen it may cast spritely to heal you. It has really come in handy. If you have a question ask.

Good Luck

AbigailStarblossom lvl 36 fire wizard

Historian
Jul 18, 2010
My balance trained all the spells well I got centaur for balance bosses and sanctuary for boosting healing ... Well obviously are the best schools for training secondary! Sooooo if you find your attacks weak and not strong at all, go for death until FEINT which increases damage to ur next spell more than DOUBLE!!! (50%) . But since you are balance, you already have defense to all schools right? With your shields and all you dont really need tower shields that leaves ! Heals obviously ..... What is the name and stats of your gear ? Perhaps you need better gear suitable for your wizard . I'll be glad to help.

Survivor
Apr 21, 2011
I agree you should train part schools, but mostly life while you don't have as many training points. When ur training life, only go up to satyr unless you fell really desperate and want the centaur and the level 42 spell you won't ever use. When you get more training points, you can get storm spells, or other spells like astral, or some of the extra school shields and other spells you find from different vendors. Feint from death is also pretty useful. Although You could get tower shield, since balance has so many shields, it might be useless since it is the same 50% anyways. If you find yourself dying a lot, switch the sheilds in your deck to the monsters your fighting.

Having a pet that can heal is also important, especially if you don't want to buy back training points. My Judgement pet currently has spritely and even though its not much, my pet saves my life in battles sometimes. Many hounds give spritely to you.

Here is a crude list of may-casts when it comes to pets:
http://www.wizard101central.com/forums/showthread.php?133128-Guide-to-quot-May-Cast-quot-pet-talents

Hope I helped!
Kelsey Sunpetal Level 72
Tasha Emeraldflower Level 40

Survivor
May 06, 2009
I actually have a friend that want Balance as a secondary school. I think its a cool idea. Since I am life though I went with myth for the Jade/Eathquake combo for 4v4 PvP.

Mastermind
Mar 05, 2011
Wizgamer105 on Aug 27, 2013 wrote:
Ice to Tower Shield
Death to Feint
(Possibly Life to Satyr, if you have a life amulet. I am a promethean balance, and rarely use satyr compared to availing hands.)

No need to fully train one whole school until the last spell, use strategy and don't waste points on spells you don't need.
Agreed.