Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Equipment and Power Pips

AuthorMessage
Champion
Jun 30, 2009
I am wondering whether it is better to by school-specific swords and rings or to buy them with power pips?

Talon, L48 , brother of Timothy Pearlflower, L90

Historian
May 28, 2009
most sword and rings of your level, no matter the class should have power pips. If you have to choose, I will pick the one with power pips as the one that casts a spell that is the same as your class will take away your traps or blades.

Adherent
Jul 03, 2010
I tend to choose school specific. At higher levels some times I will equip generic ones but mostly I stick with school stuff across the board.

Historian
Jul 18, 2010
Well, I used to buy school specific rings with health and mana, but relished my pip chance is really low. So, I buy the rings and athames which give me the highest power pip chance I can find and possibly health, mana , or incoming healing (possibly outgoing if you are life) those rings and athames I use are available to all schools . (I buy ones that suit my lvl EX: lvl 48 = lvl 45+ ring or athame) but when I am higher levels like celestia and up, I tend to find school specific rings and athames more useful since then they tend to give other stats like incoming healing damage and some others ... I suppose it depends on your playing style as well. Everyone has a different opinion