Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Hide your chat icon?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jan 10, 2010
Hey Everyone!

Just a quick question, I'm a muted player; and I find it frustrating when people see my chat icon and think i can speak. (Yes, i could ignore them or switch realms, but it happens when I'm doing quests.)

I've seen players with just their name and badge, and no chat Icon? How do I do this?

Also, can muted players have the phrase "Sorry, I'm muted"?

Champion
Aug 20, 2010
Blizz252 on Aug 26, 2013 wrote:
Hey Everyone!

Just a quick question, I'm a muted player; and I find it frustrating when people see my chat icon and think i can speak. (Yes, i could ignore them or switch realms, but it happens when I'm doing quests.)

I've seen players with just their name and badge, and no chat Icon? How do I do this?

Muted players already have the phrase, sorry I don't have text chat, find it.

Squire
Feb 29, 2012
Blizz252 on Aug 26, 2013 wrote:
Hey Everyone!

The people with no chat bubble have Open Chat, not Menu Chat.

Explorer
Sep 19, 2010
This has often confused me as well, and here is why: Below a wizards name, and to the left of whatever badge they have displayed, there will be an icon in the form of a white chat bubble ( text chat ) a white chat bubble with a red circle and a red line going thru it ( menu chat ) and finally, no icon at all, which indicates Open chat. Ok here is where I get confused. Someone appears to have no icon at all which indicates that they have open chat. However they never use chat and when asked if they have been muted, they use menu chat and say yes. It would be nice if Kingsisle somehow identified those who have been muted. Is the wizard really muted and can't talk, or is he pretending, sure would be nice to know.

Belgrim EmeraldBane Lv 90

Belgrim BoomHammer Lv 90

Belgrim Dust Lv 90

Belgrim Fist Lv 88

Belgrim Anvil Lv 30

Delver
Mar 10, 2009
I agree. Perhaps using the menu chat symbol with another red line through it so that it shows an X?