Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Please add this Kingsisle!

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Dec 30, 2009
I bet a lot of other people had said that but i think its a good idea to add them. Crafting mega snacks. Now people would say thats unfair that they invested their money into buying mega snacks. Well buying mega snacks packs give you 7 snacks! We are only asking to craft one! Its not that big of a deal and you can stop investing money to buy snack packs and craft hambrosia and such!

Illuminator
Oct 22, 2011
Crafting mega snacks would probably be a major undertaking for the person wanting to craft it. The way things are going, it's probably going to take Amber, Turquoise, and/or other rare reagents just to get one mega snack.

Gardening is still the best way to go. You can get tons of TC, reagents, plants, and snacks.

With a little bit of gardening, I've got 3161 rank 9 mega snacks, 2057 rank 8 mega snacks, and a few thousand more snacks from rank 1-7. And I have all this, even when I still hatch and train pets.

Explorer
Mar 17, 2012
Or you can just farm for them which is so easy to get.

Armiger
Feb 25, 2009
BrynnerOfReign on Aug 14, 2013 wrote:
Crafting mega snacks would probably be a major undertaking for the person wanting to craft it. The way things are going, it's probably going to take Amber, Turquoise, and/or other rare reagents just to get one mega snack.

Gardening is still the best way to go. You can get tons of TC, reagents, plants, and snacks.

With a little bit of gardening, I've got 3161 rank 9 mega snacks, 2057 rank 8 mega snacks, and a few thousand more snacks from rank 1-7. And I have all this, even when I still hatch and train pets.
Good point. Crafting is bad enough as it is for gear. Why would we want to stress over crafting mega snacks?

Hmmm, about time to get my gardens in.

@MajesticLord, crafting mega snacks has been suggested a few times in the past. But as Brynn said, at this point in the game, it would more than likely require some of the rarest reagents in the game. Not worth all the hair pulling stress.

Squire
Jul 09, 2010
They've already given us Crown Seeds as drops for Mega Snacks and I'm grateful they didn't decide to go the crafted Mega Sacks rout to give free Mega's. I hate crafting. So thank you KI for that kindness (and so many others - actually.)

But I did ask on several occasions both in Test and on the boards that they apply crafting to seeds - so if more ways to craft is the point - that might help.

I asked that there be a special crafting table in a Garden Shed that had in it a dedicated Seed Bank able to hold Seeds and likes. The Shed is modular like the gauntlets so you can pick it up, place it and pass it through the shared bank.

The crafting table is special - probably a crown item - that you can graft 2 seeds together. Several recipes would work for 2 (or could be even more ) seeds. Using one recipe you might take a Prickly Bear Cactus and a Couch Potato and end up with a Prickly Potato that gave an average of their gold, 1 Prickly Potato seed, all the snacks and Mega Snacks of both "parent" seeds and none of the treasure cards. Or a different recipe would yield a Bear on a Couch that gave a Bear on a Couch seed, all the gold of both, all the Mega Snacks of both, half the treasure cards.

The hybrid seeds would have all the needs of both parents & an average of all the times of both. (young to mature, mature to elder, harvest time to harvest time - all averaged.)

My dream seed is an Evil Magma Deadly Helephant. Orange & Mad my Magma Helephant gives one Magma Helephant seed, all the Mega Snacks of both parent seeds, an average of the gold, an average of the treasure cards.

The point? yes, I'd give 2 crown seeds to get one back - but I'd get all the Mega Snacks and some gold and TCs in half the plots. Yep, I'd pay crowns to do that. In a heartbeat.

Squire
Jul 09, 2010
Helenie Nightseer on Aug 15, 2013 wrote:
They've already given us Crown Seeds as drops for Mega Snacks and I'm grateful they didn't decide to go the crafted Mega Sacks rout to give free Mega's. I hate crafting. So thank you KI for that kindness (and so many others - actually.)

But I did ask on several occasions both in Test and on the boards that they apply crafting to seeds - so if more ways to craft is the point - that might help.

I asked that there be a special crafting table in a Garden Shed that had in it a dedicated Seed Bank able to hold Seeds and likes. The Shed is modular like the gauntlets so you can pick it up, place it and pass it through the shared bank.

The crafting table is special - probably a crown item - that you can graft 2 seeds together. Several recipes would work for 2 (or could be even more ) seeds. Using one recipe you might take a Prickly Bear Cactus and a Couch Potato and end up with a Prickly Potato that gave an average of their gold, 1 Prickly Potato seed, all the snacks and Mega Snacks of both "parent" seeds and none of the treasure cards. Or a different recipe would yield a Bear on a Couch that gave a Bear on a Couch seed, all the gold of both, all the Mega Snacks of both, half the treasure cards.

The hybrid seeds would have all the needs of both parents & an average of all the times of both. (young to mature, mature to elder, harvest time to harvest time - all averaged.)

My dream seed is an Evil Magma Deadly Helephant. Orange & Mad my Magma Helephant gives one Magma Helephant seed, all the Mega Snacks of both parent seeds, an average of the gold, an average of the treasure cards.

The point? yes, I'd give 2 crown seeds to get one back - but I'd get all the Mega Snacks and some gold and TCs in half the plots. Yep, I'd pay crowns to do that. In a heartbeat.
To be clear that Magma Helephant Seed would yield 2 mega snacks at the elder stage.

Otherwise no one would ever graft Mega Snack yielding Crown Seeds.

Each harvest would yield averages of the probable harvests of the parents seeds in gold, treasure cards and reagents.