Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Non-healing AoE Death spell solution

AuthorMessage
Armiger
Jan 11, 2012
I have a solution for two death problems: 1) No useful X-pip spell (Animate is barely useful, and only for a short period of time) 2) an AoE that doesn’t heal.

Name: Pumpking Ghost
Animation: Summons a beast that has a Ghost Body, Pumpkin Head and Bat wings (3 big Halloween symbols) that comes up from the middle of the circle. It has a Kama (handheld scythes) in each hand. When it attacks, it throws a Kama at the person.

Requirements: Level 80 and have Dr Von’s Monster spell learned
Cost: X-Pip
Health Steal: NONE
Damage: 75/pip to all (1)
Secondary Effects: Plague and Infection (2)
Accuracy: 85% (same as Scarecrow and Dr Von’s)

(1) If scarecrow didn’t heal, it would do 600 damage (using the fact that healing spells do 2/3 damage and 1/3 healing). Also, at 8 pips (what it usually costs for scarecrow based off of the pip cost method we currently have and most people’s power pip chances for levels after 50), 600 / 8 = 75. If you want to say that Scarecrow only costs 7 pips, that’s fine, but it would make the spell stronger than Tempest (600 / 7 = 85 per pip) to equal the damage of Scarecrow without the healing (which was the basis for my idea and what many Death mages have been asking for).

(2) Death only has 2 spells that have any after effects; Lord of Night and Dr Von’s. Also, both of these effects are death school specific

Champion
Aug 20, 2010
dayerider on Aug 12, 2013 wrote:
I have a solution for two death problems: 1) No useful X-pip spell (Animate is barely useful, and only for a short period of time) 2) an AoE that doesn’t heal.

Animation: Summons a beast that has a Ghost Body, Pumpkin Head and Bat wings (3 big Halloween symbols) that comes up from the middle of the circle. It has a Kama (handheld scythes) in each hand. When it attacks, it throws a Kama at the person.

(1) If scarecrow didn’t heal, it would do 600 damage (using the fact that healing spells do 2/3 damage and 1/3 healing). Also, at 8 pips (what it usually costs for scarecrow based off of the pip cost method we currently have and most people’s power pip chances for levels after 50), 600 / 8 = 75. If you want to say that Scarecrow only costs 7 pips, that’s fine, but it would make the spell stronger than Tempest (600 / 7 = 85 per pip) to equal the damage of Scarecrow without the healing (which was the basis for my idea and what many Death mages have been asking for).

(2) Death only has 2 spells that have any after effects; Lord of Night and Dr Von’s. Also, both of these effects are death school specific
Plague and Infection Wow you are trying to make this better than storm's tempest. Forget about this OP stuff and get back to the basics of equality.

Armiger
Jan 11, 2012
Wizgamer105 on Aug 17, 2013 wrote:
Plague and Infection Wow you are trying to make this better than storm's tempest. Forget about this OP stuff and get back to the basics of equality.
there's no such thing as the basics of equality in the game, and as everyone has said, that's part of what makes it a challenge. How many schools have triple after effects like Sirens, which btw, has after effects that aren't anywhere else in the school? Death only has spells with ONE after effect (Lord of Night and Dr Von's). What I'm suggesting is to give death it's first really kick butt spell. Death has no really good NON healing AoE attack spell. Avenging Fossil CAN be good, but it would take some buffing to make the AoE aspect worth it. What's wrong with the spell being better than Storm's? So is that how we are to limit it, if it's as good or better than storm, no other school can have it? That doesn't seem fair at all.

However, if the big problem for it is the post damage aspects, what would YOU suggest? I'm open to suggestions for after cast effects

Champion
Aug 20, 2010
dayerider on Aug 18, 2013 wrote:
there's no such thing as the basics of equality in the game, and as everyone has said, that's part of what makes it a challenge. How many schools have triple after effects like Sirens, which btw, has after effects that aren't anywhere else in the school? Death only has spells with ONE after effect (Lord of Night and Dr Von's). What I'm suggesting is to give death it's first really kick butt spell. Death has no really good NON healing AoE attack spell. Avenging Fossil CAN be good, but it would take some buffing to make the AoE aspect worth it. What's wrong with the spell being better than Storm's? So is that how we are to limit it, if it's as good or better than storm, no other school can have it? That doesn't seem fair at all.

However, if the big problem for it is the post damage aspects, what would YOU suggest? I'm open to suggestions for after cast effects
Considering no school has after effects on X spells, why does death get one? Oh wait, TWO of them!?!

Death has some great spells, I have seen an Avenging Fossil TAKE OUT CRONUS on the first hit, and weakened his minions pretty good. You are the only school that can attack the enemy and steal half their health, since you are the only school who can do that it makes you the best school for that. Why have the best attack and heal spell (AOE and one target) and also have the best X spell? I'd have to say death doesn't need one but if I had to say who would, it would be myth, since they don't have one. I am NOT from myth school or anything, I just think they really need an X spell, especially for AOE.

Armiger
Jan 11, 2012
Wizgamer105 on Aug 28, 2013 wrote:
Considering no school has after effects on X spells, why does death get one? Oh wait, TWO of them!?!

Death has some great spells, I have seen an Avenging Fossil TAKE OUT CRONUS on the first hit, and weakened his minions pretty good. You are the only school that can attack the enemy and steal half their health, since you are the only school who can do that it makes you the best school for that. Why have the best attack and heal spell (AOE and one target) and also have the best X spell? I'd have to say death doesn't need one but if I had to say who would, it would be myth, since they don't have one. I am NOT from myth school or anything, I just think they really need an X spell, especially for AOE.
Well, Death only has 2 spells with any after effects, and none of them have two. So this would only be the first one. If you want only a single after effect, ok, how about after it hits, it casts a spell that negates all healing spells for the rest of the battle. See, but then people would complain it's too powerful, because only storm should be that strong. Or how about after it casts the spell, it does a 50% feint to all? Once again we run into only storm is allowed to have a strong spell like that. This is part of the problem. Just because one school has the strongest spells in the game does not mean another school can't have strong spells. There's no equality. Storm/Ice have stunning spells but fire has neither stunning nor stun blocking spells. Why can't fire get stunning spell after effects? Stunning spell after effects are not part of any ONE school, yet storm and ice tend to monopolize on stunning.

People complain about spells after effects not being school based. Ok, then why does Storm get to stun people? Storm has no stun spell anywhere, yet gets out of school after effects. Fire DOES have stun, yet doesn't get any stun after effects AND it even gets a Death after effect on Efreet. In order for the idea of "school spells have to make sense" to really work, all spells that give after effects should only give those that are school related.

Your argument about attack and heal, they're the ONLY school that has that, so that's not a fair statement. If all schools had one, then saying it has the best would be more accurate. The spell I'm talking about would NOT heal the caster at all, and I stated that.

As for death not needing one, I think ALL schools should have one useful X-pip spell.

So let me ask this, what would you do for giving Death an X-pip spell? How would you tweak the spell I suggested?

before anybody tells me to calm down, I know my words might seem like Im agitated, but I'm not, I'm merely voicing a strong opinion.

Defender
Jul 02, 2009
Woot woot! Oh yes. Myth rules, and seeing another myth AoE would be epic. Anyways, back to the subject. It's always usually a problem when people try to create their own new spells that are so "legitimate". They make the best spells for their own school, then give all the other classes some terrible spell. Everyone calls the ideas overpowered, or underpowered, and then we all start fighting. If this spell were made, it would be another reason why I would hate pvp. It gives an infection and a plague after effect, after doing a lot of damage?! What!? Well, it would do a lot of damage if the player waited till they had maximum pips. Plus blades, traps, and etc. Wizgamer105 is probably right. Death has some really good spells, and probably don't need a rank x spell. It would be cool if they got one, but they don't need one. Not desperately at least.

Mastermind
Mar 05, 2011
dayerider on Aug 12, 2013 wrote:

Ahem, you already have deer knight, and BTW ice armor isn't all to helpful.. it just takes up a TON of pips. Especially if the person carries steal ward (my ice) or pierce (all my other characters just for that purpose), also, I've seen people use animate including Azoresgirl from Duelist101 try to find one of her death guides where she uses him. Plus death is MEANT for heal drains. Its what they DO. If you realize, the last spell that just does straight up damage, is Skeleton Pirate, that was done for a reason, everything after that either does drain or overtime damage.

Wolf Deathhammer (completely satisfied with Death as it is)

Armiger
Jan 11, 2012
Wolf Skullslinger on Aug 29, 2013 wrote:
Ahem, you already have deer knight, and BTW ice armor isn't all to helpful.. it just takes up a TON of pips. Especially if the person carries steal ward (my ice) or pierce (all my other characters just for that purpose), also, I've seen people use animate including Azoresgirl from Duelist101 try to find one of her death guides where she uses him. Plus death is MEANT for heal drains. Its what they DO. If you realize, the last spell that just does straight up damage, is Skeleton Pirate, that was done for a reason, everything after that either does drain or overtime damage.

Wolf Deathhammer (completely satisfied with Death as it is)
But Deer Knight is absolutely no replacement for an X-pip spell. It does fulfill the AoE and Dot aspects. Yes, death is meant for life sap, I can't argue that, but then DoT isn't Death's calling now is it? That's fire's, so why do they even have DoTs? I *like* Death's DoT's, but you bring up a point that cancels your previous point. I can see by your post that you PvP, which is fine, I don't. When's the last time in PvE a monster used either of those spells? I can't recall a single one. Just because something doesnt work for PvP doesn't mean it can't work for PvE and visa versa. As for Animate, it's totally useless after Marleybone (like all first generation non treasure card Minion spells). I've used Animate myself, but not past that point; it takes too long to summon a minion that's too weak for the pip cost.

Champion
Aug 20, 2010
dayerider on Aug 28, 2013 wrote:
Well, Death only has 2 spells with any after effects, and none of them have two. So this would only be the first one. If you want only a single after effect, ok, how about after it hits, it casts a spell that negates all healing spells for the rest of the battle. See, but then people would complain it's too powerful, because only storm should be that strong. Or how about after it casts the spell, it does a 50% feint to all? Once again we run into only storm is allowed to have a strong spell like that. This is part of the problem. Just because one school has the strongest spells in the game does not mean another school can't have strong spells. There's no equality. Storm/Ice have stunning spells but fire has neither stunning nor stun blocking spells. Why can't fire get stunning spell after effects? Stunning spell after effects are not part of any ONE school, yet storm and ice tend to monopolize on stunning.

People complain about spells after effects not being school based. Ok, then why does Storm get to stun people? Storm has no stun spell anywhere, yet gets out of school after effects. Fire DOES have stun, yet doesn't get any stun after effects AND it even gets a Death after effect on Efreet. In order for the idea of "school spells have to make sense" to really work, all spells that give after effects should only give those that are school related.

Your argument about attack and heal, they're the ONLY school that has that, so that's not a fair statement. If all schools had one, then saying it has the best would be more accurate. The spell I'm talking about would NOT heal the caster at all, and I stated that.

As for death not needing one, I think ALL schools should have one useful X-pip spell.

So let me ask this, what would you do for giving Death an X-pip spell? How would you tweak the spell I suggested?

before anybody tells me to calm down, I know my words might seem like Im agitated, but I'm not, I'm merely voicing a strong opinion.
"only storm is allowed to have a spell like that"

really? I would like you to respond to the post you quoted and not talk about storm this storm that, you know I don't even think storm is the best and better than everything! I have a whopping 51 storm resist dude (large compared as resist to damage ratio), I beat warlords, and I am only private! Give it up with storm storm storm, death is probably more OP already.

"Your argument about attack and heal, they're the ONLY school that has that...."

Well, you just said it, you are the only school that has that, and now you are asking for more? I know the spell you want is not swap health, you can't have the best x spell and be the only school able to do that. If you are voicing a strong opinion on how death should get an after-effect on a spell, maybe suggest it for a level 98 spell idea...

"So let me ask you this... How would you tweak the spell I suggested?"

First of all I would lower the, NO. I don't think death needs another x spell. When you say how would you tweak the spell, I keep thinking I am replying to a level 98 spell idea post, but I am not!! You just created a spell for your own school even though death doesn't need one.(This might be late, but Animate is fine, ice- absorb per pip ward can be stolen or destroyed easily, said Wolf Skullslinger and myth doesn't have one, said again) A level 98 spell idea post is when you take these schools and suggest ideas for their rank 11 spell, all of them. And I think that is more fair.. I responded to the key quotes, as I am replying to what you said.

Survivor
Nov 14, 2008
Even if this was made, which i don't think it should be, it would have to be severely nerfed. For one, it's damage is nearly equal to tempest which does 80 with NO after effects. 75 plus plague and infection is just unfair. First of all, take out the after effect because what you're suggesting can be severely manipulated. One pip, does 75, and adds 2 after effects both of which cost more than one pip. Then you need to nerf the damage. And yes I'm saying an X rank AoE spell CANNOT be better than a storm rank X AoE spell. Storm is the school meant for POWER. Death is for sapping. So i take back everything i said and say that this spell just shouldn't even be considered as a "legitimate idea" because death doesn't need it.

Armiger
Jan 11, 2012
Wizgamer105 on Aug 29, 2013 wrote:
"only storm is allowed to have a spell like that"

really? I would like you to respond to the post you quoted and not talk about storm this storm that, you know I don't even think storm is the best and better than everything! I have a whopping 51 storm resist dude (large compared as resist to damage ratio), I beat warlords, and I am only private! Give it up with storm storm storm, death is probably more OP already.

"Your argument about attack and heal, they're the ONLY school that has that...."

Well, you just said it, you are the only school that has that, and now you are asking for more? I know the spell you want is not swap health, you can't have the best x spell and be the only school able to do that. If you are voicing a strong opinion on how death should get an after-effect on a spell, maybe suggest it for a level 98 spell idea...

"So let me ask you this... How would you tweak the spell I suggested?"

First of all I would lower the, NO. I don't think death needs another x spell. When you say how would you tweak the spell, I keep thinking I am replying to a level 98 spell idea post, but I am not!! You just created a spell for your own school even though death doesn't need one.(This might be late, but Animate is fine, ice- absorb per pip ward can be stolen or destroyed easily, said Wolf Skullslinger and myth doesn't have one, said again) A level 98 spell idea post is when you take these schools and suggest ideas for their rank 11 spell, all of them. And I think that is more fair.. I responded to the key quotes, as I am replying to what you said.
The post I responded to, about storm, was your comment about it being better than storm's.

I don't understand your thought when you say "I know the spell you want is not swap health, you can't have the best x spell and be the only school able to do that." The two are completely separate issues, and since I'm not asking for a life sap, it's irrelevant to my idea. if you're talking about after effects and X-pip spells, then give all schools that. I'm not saying, nor have I EVER said that death should be the ONLY school to get one, I'm saying that people have been asking for a good AoE spell for death, that's non life sap, and an X-pip spell that is USEFUL would cover that.

As for Animate, it's a joke. In most practical situations, Animate is completely a waste of pips. It's more a Myth styled spell than anything and the BEST minion you can get is still a weakling not to mention a whole lot worse than the new minion (just like all the other school learned minion spells). There's a reason why you don't see people use the first generation minions anymore. The absolute BEST minion you can use from Animate is Death incarnate, a 14 pip spell that's only got 1,400 health. Granted, that IS stronger than the other school's learned spell Minions, but just because it's STRONGER does not make it a GOOD spell, it just makes it less bad, but you have to wait forever to be able to use it. Pip cost to Usability just makes it not worthy past a certain point in the game, and that point gets reached quickly.

As for ice's shields, you're talking strictly PvP as PvE monsters don't steal those, so you're denying its use just to disagree with my idea.

Mastermind
Mar 05, 2011
dayerider on Aug 29, 2013 wrote:
But Deer Knight is absolutely no replacement for an X-pip spell. It does fulfill the AoE and Dot aspects. Yes, death is meant for life sap, I can't argue that, but then DoT isn't Death's calling now is it? That's fire's, so why do they even have DoTs? I *like* Death's DoT's, but you bring up a point that cancels your previous point. I can see by your post that you PvP, which is fine, I don't. When's the last time in PvE a monster used either of those spells? I can't recall a single one. Just because something doesnt work for PvP doesn't mean it can't work for PvE and visa versa. As for Animate, it's totally useless after Marleybone (like all first generation non treasure card Minion spells). I've used Animate myself, but not past that point; it takes too long to summon a minion that's too weak for the pip cost.
My general thought is that each school has 1-2 X-pip spells. I don't believe that this will change. No matter how much you wish for it. The attacking X-pip spells are: Judgement, Tempest, and Heckhound. Everything else is defense or a buff. And each school has one. It isn't like you're excluded as a death from having any X-pip spells. My Death does just fine without it. (level 81) Also, I'm not a quester, I find the fun of the game to be in PvP so that's where I speak from. Plus if you don't like that minion you can go get the newest one for 5 pips. The difference in a full power pip hit from this vs tempest is too little. Death's attacks are that great, not terrible but not huge like this

Tempest with 14 pips = 1120

The spell you suggest with 14 pips = 1050

No. Storm gets the spell that serves this purpose, it isn't for death wizards. Plus at this point imagine a new breed of spammer deaths. You say it puts 2 infects on AND 2 plagues on? I don't see PvP gaining anything from this. Yes, I remember that you don't PvP, but think about it from my perspective. In a 4v4 match in a team that has 2 deaths a life and a storm. The deaths only carry plagues. But now you have given them this new spell. They have this as well. So now we have this stacked spam going on that's WORSE than plague spammers because of the fact it does damage as well. And their storm can just build up and do a OHKO without the other team standing a chance.

Not a fan of the idea, I'm sorry to say
Wolf Deathhammer

Champion
Aug 20, 2010
dayerider on Aug 30, 2013 wrote:
The post I responded to, about storm, was your comment about it being better than storm's.

I don't understand your thought when you say "I know the spell you want is not swap health, you can't have the best x spell and be the only school able to do that." The two are completely separate issues, and since I'm not asking for a life sap, it's irrelevant to my idea. if you're talking about after effects and X-pip spells, then give all schools that. I'm not saying, nor have I EVER said that death should be the ONLY school to get one, I'm saying that people have been asking for a good AoE spell for death, that's non life sap, and an X-pip spell that is USEFUL would cover that.

As for Animate, it's a joke. In most practical situations, Animate is completely a waste of pips. It's more a Myth styled spell than anything and the BEST minion you can get is still a weakling not to mention a whole lot worse than the new minion (just like all the other school learned minion spells). There's a reason why you don't see people use the first generation minions anymore. The absolute BEST minion you can use from Animate is Death incarnate, a 14 pip spell that's only got 1,400 health. Granted, that IS stronger than the other school's learned spell Minions, but just because it's STRONGER does not make it a GOOD spell, it just makes it less bad, but you have to wait forever to be able to use it. Pip cost to Usability just makes it not worthy past a certain point in the game, and that point gets reached quickly.

As for ice's shields, you're talking strictly PvP as PvE monsters don't steal those, so you're denying its use just to disagree with my idea.
"if you're talking about after effects and X-pip spells, then give all schools that."

I agree. Let's say that all the schools get a new X spell, I have no problem with that. I do want to say that if those X spells were introduced then I am leaning towards no pvp (like new minions), obviously depending on how powerful it is though. One thing I want to say is that X spells, shouldn't really have after-effects as Jacob IronEyes mentioned, it can be spammed and would give the enemy two negative charms at one pip. Needless to say that is a bigger problem in pvp than pve. And if you want after-effects so bad, I strongly recommend proposing an idea for a rank 11 spell, because I am fine with new X spells and I am fine with giving death one or two or maybe three after-effects on the new LVL98 spell, BUT NEVER TOGETHER!

Armiger
Jan 11, 2012
Wizgamer105 on Aug 30, 2013 wrote:
"if you're talking about after effects and X-pip spells, then give all schools that."

I agree. Let's say that all the schools get a new X spell, I have no problem with that. I do want to say that if those X spells were introduced then I am leaning towards no pvp (like new minions), obviously depending on how powerful it is though. One thing I want to say is that X spells, shouldn't really have after-effects as Jacob IronEyes mentioned, it can be spammed and would give the enemy two negative charms at one pip. Needless to say that is a bigger problem in pvp than pve. And if you want after-effects so bad, I strongly recommend proposing an idea for a rank 11 spell, because I am fine with new X spells and I am fine with giving death one or two or maybe three after-effects on the new LVL98 spell, BUT NEVER TOGETHER!
I don't have a problem with no-pvp if it has after effects. And I guess I see your guys point about after effects and X-pip spells. My intention to talking about death's x-pip spell was NOT to exclude the other schools,, more saying that IF death got an X-pip, this is what i'd like to see.

Explorer
Jan 29, 2011
Wizgamer105 on Aug 17, 2013 wrote:
Um he is not trying to OP death or anything.When you realize storms Tempest only hits 85 per pip to all enemies and no side because you get this spell at lvl 28.This is an lvl 80 AoE spell so its most likely ok to have side effects.

Champion
Aug 20, 2010
Tyler LegendFriend... on Sep 2, 2013 wrote:
Um he is not trying to OP death or anything.When you realize storms Tempest only hits 85 per pip to all enemies and no side because you get this spell at lvl 28.This is an lvl 80 AoE spell so its most likely ok to have side effects.
May I remind you about storm's biography?

"The Storm School will train its student wizards to do a lot of damage. Storm Wizards have the ability to unleash high amounts of damage from an early level, which is good, but they place too much emphasis on power, and therefore suffer in terms of accuracy. They also have the least amount of base health points of any of the schools."

By the way keep read my most recent post. The conversation was ended there.

Hero
Nov 14, 2010
Tyler LegendFriend... on Sep 2, 2013 wrote:
still storm is the school of damage he is trying to take that from us

Armiger
Jan 11, 2012
critical blizzard on Sep 2, 2013 wrote:
still storm is the school of damage he is trying to take that from us
again I say, because storm is stereotypically the strongest school only it can have this type of spell? I'm not trying to take ANYTHING from ANYONE. I don't even know how you can say this. Did I say we were going to remove tempest? Did I say we were going to nerf it? Make it PvE or PvP only? No, I suggested a way for another school to have an X-pip AoE spell. If we're going to go down the path of singular purpose schools, then:

1) Balance needs to be totally revamped and given its own spells, giving its current spells to their rightful schools
2) any NON life healing spells must be given to life (there goes a storm and 2 fire spells)
3) any DoT spells must be given to fire
4) storm only has attack spells (since that's its primary function - big attacks)
5) ice only has defensive spells (because that's its primary function)
6) Myth has nothing but Minion spells (since that's its claim to fame)
7) all of death should be life sap

How ridiculous would that be? That wouldn't even begin to be fair would it? So let's knock off this "only one purpose for each school" stuff. As long as each school maintains its primary function, it can have things other schools have.

I think instead of being afraid of progress, people need to have an open mind and not cast false accusations about in the hopes of keeping certain things only in their schools.

Champion
Aug 20, 2010
dayerider on Sep 3, 2013 wrote:
again I say, because storm is stereotypically the strongest school only it can have this type of spell? I'm not trying to take ANYTHING from ANYONE. I don't even know how you can say this. Did I say we were going to remove tempest? Did I say we were going to nerf it? Make it PvE or PvP only? No, I suggested a way for another school to have an X-pip AoE spell. If we're going to go down the path of singular purpose schools, then:

1) Balance needs to be totally revamped and given its own spells, giving its current spells to their rightful schools
2) any NON life healing spells must be given to life (there goes a storm and 2 fire spells)
4) storm only has attack spells (since that's its primary function - big attacks)

How ridiculous would that be? That wouldn't even begin to be fair would it? So let's knock off this "only one purpose for each school" stuff. As long as each school maintains its primary function, it can have things other schools have.

I think instead of being afraid of progress, people need to have an open mind and not cast false accusations about in the hopes of keeping certain things only in their schools.
I am not trying to argue here, but let me just copy and paste some school biographies, onto here.

Death: The Death School will train its student wizards to steal and support themselves. Death Wizards belong to an advanced school, simply because most of their spells take multiple step combinations to use effectively.

Their spells aren’t the strongest, but some have the ability to absorb health from the enemy, which serves as a way for them to heal themselves. They have many preparatory spells that allow them to build up high-damage spells.

The Storm School will train its student wizards to do a lot of damage. Storm Wizards have the ability to unleash high amounts of damage from an early level, which is good, but they place too much emphasis on power, and therefore suffer in terms of accuracy. They also have the least amount of base health points of any of the schools. When enemies cast damage buffs on themselves or damage reducers on a friendly player, storm wizards can remove those spells.

I am not supporting a specific side, I have not shown any bias to this argument. I did not say I was on either side, in THIS post. Therefor I would like to conclude with the fact that all schools have weaknesses and strengths, obviously (fact) Storm has strong attack spells but have low health, balance can blade/boost and attack an about average amount of damage but they can't wand towers with blades on and have a harder time taking on bosses of their same school. Myth has great spells above rank 7 for 1v1 and earthquake/shatter etc. though they don't have an aoe spell past rank 6, which mathematically makes it harder to kill bosses with 6000 health when soloing.

With the information stated, it is safe to conclude that all schools have strengths and weaknesses (fact!)
Each school of magic has different pros and cons, but all magic schools in Wizard101 are equal."
https://www.wizard101.com/game/magic-schools

I am not arguing for either side, and I would respect it if I do not have to have some more conversations. I have other posts to argue on . Seriously, to repeat, I am not supporting a specific side, I have not shown any bias to this argument. I did not say I was on either side, in THIS post. Thank you.

Explorer
Aug 06, 2008
dayerider on Sep 3, 2013 wrote:

Just for the record in case you're wondering dayerider, here is a little info on a few classes since you keep going on about storm. I'm primarily a pvp player with promethean . The single hardest school to pvp at higher levels was storm until recently, if you want to check high score tables just take a glance at the schools on the first few pages and you will find VERY few storm schools there. Reason being is because the amount of defense GREATLY outranked the amount of damage that could be dealt, and to clarify, storm is most commonly the highest resist on most sets of gear. Its very common on my ice to have well over 80% resist to storm between gear and pet, followed by fire, and the rest in the 50's resist, not to mention a very high block. My ice is around a 1200 ranking, and my death having a ranking of 1100, where my storm WAS still struggling simply between commander and warlord. And just so you know, my storms resist WAS around 27% universal with a bit higher resist for ice and fire. FINALLY new gear came out which allowed storm. and other classes, to have a much higher critical and pierce, with virtually no resist. This (used correctly obviously) finally gave storm the edge to play on par in pvp with other schools at promethean level in my opinion. Owning both, I am very happy with death with its current spells. My suggestion to you is to do one of 2 things: First, get a mastery amulet from crown shop or water works (or try for an exalted mastery amulet if you are promethean and get lucky with Hades) and learn spells from another school or simply use TC. The second option is to quit playing death and play on a storm wizard, you don't seem like you're utilizing death correctly and seem to like storm quite a lot from your posts. Happy playing everyone!

-Adam Seafist lvl 90 , lvl 60
(look for me at Tartarus or in pvp!)

Armiger
Jan 11, 2012
Thunder2Hound on Sep 4, 2013 wrote:
Just for the record in case you're wondering dayerider, here is a little info on a few classes since you keep going on about storm. I'm primarily a pvp player with promethean . The single hardest school to pvp at higher levels was storm until recently, if you want to check high score tables just take a glance at the schools on the first few pages and you will find VERY few storm schools there. Reason being is because the amount of defense GREATLY outranked the amount of damage that could be dealt, and to clarify, storm is most commonly the highest resist on most sets of gear. Its very common on my ice to have well over 80% resist to storm between gear and pet, followed by fire, and the rest in the 50's resist, not to mention a very high block. My ice is around a 1200 ranking, and my death having a ranking of 1100, where my storm WAS still struggling simply between commander and warlord. And just so you know, my storms resist WAS around 27% universal with a bit higher resist for ice and fire. FINALLY new gear came out which allowed storm. and other classes, to have a much higher critical and pierce, with virtually no resist. This (used correctly obviously) finally gave storm the edge to play on par in pvp with other schools at promethean level in my opinion. Owning both, I am very happy with death with its current spells. My suggestion to you is to do one of 2 things: First, get a mastery amulet from crown shop or water works (or try for an exalted mastery amulet if you are promethean and get lucky with Hades) and learn spells from another school or simply use TC. The second option is to quit playing death and play on a storm wizard, you don't seem like you're utilizing death correctly and seem to like storm quite a lot from your posts. Happy playing everyone!

-Adam Seafist lvl 90 , lvl 60
(look for me at Tartarus or in pvp!)
I have never played storm; ever. I keep mentioning storm because OTHERS mention storm first. I don't PVP either. I'm sure PvP takes a lot of skill because the players are live and not some "dummy AI", nor am I trashing PvP. I think people are just taking suggestions people have and trashing them because it doesn't suit their specific needs (and no, that's not what I'm suggesting you're doing).

Armiger
Jan 11, 2012
Wizgamer105 on Sep 4, 2013 wrote:
I am not trying to argue here, but let me just copy and paste some school biographies, onto here.

Death: The Death School will train its student wizards to steal and support themselves. Death Wizards belong to an advanced school, simply because most of their spells take multiple step combinations to use effectively.

Their spells aren’t the strongest, but some have the ability to absorb health from the enemy, which serves as a way for them to heal themselves. They have many preparatory spells that allow them to build up high-damage spells.

The Storm School will train its student wizards to do a lot of damage. Storm Wizards have the ability to unleash high amounts of damage from an early level, which is good, but they place too much emphasis on power, and therefore suffer in terms of accuracy. They also have the least amount of base health points of any of the schools. When enemies cast damage buffs on themselves or damage reducers on a friendly player, storm wizards can remove those spells.

I am not supporting a specific side, I have not shown any bias to this argument. I did not say I was on either side, in THIS post. Therefor I would like to conclude with the fact that all schools have weaknesses and strengths, obviously (fact) Storm has strong attack spells but have low health, balance can blade/boost and attack an about average amount of damage but they can't wand towers with blades on and have a harder time taking on bosses of their same school. Myth has great spells above rank 7 for 1v1 and earthquake/shatter etc. though they don't have an aoe spell past rank 6, which mathematically makes it harder to kill bosses with 6000 health when soloing.

With the information stated, it is safe to conclude that all schools have strengths and weaknesses (fact!)
Each school of magic has different pros and cons, but all magic schools in Wizard101 are equal."

I am not arguing for either side, and I would respect it if I do not have to have some more conversations. I have other posts to argue on . Seriously, to repeat, I am not supporting a specific side, I have not shown any bias to this argument. I did not say I was on either side, in THIS post. Thank you.
I appreciate that you're not arguing on either side and trying to bring in a neutral POV. The issue I have (in general), in the post you replied to, is that you have mentioned the main talking point for both death and storm. In the post you replied to I had mentioned the primary use for the schools and how they have spells outside of that primary use. PvE and PvP aside, for the moment, we need to revisit that to fully understand where Storm mages are coming from. They feel, as critical blizzard had mentioned, that I'm giving Death an unfair spell because it's soo strong. The reason I pointed out those "singular uses" in the post you replied to, is because the whole entire game would have to change if we use a "one trick pony" mentality.

Further using the School Descriptions, if we look at Pyromancers:

The Fire School will train its student wizards to do damage over time. Fire Wizards pile on spells that will continually do damage to the enemy.

So, using that description, and the fact the Storm mages don't want other schools to have too powerful of spells, if we continue to use that thinking, then we must remove ALL DoT spells from ALL other schools. That is the point I was trying to make here. if we apply singular thinking to a game that has long since evolved from that, and use the base of each school as the driving force to continue on, then the game is soo far out of whack and needs to be changed to bring everything back in line with it's originalk purposes, that NOBODY will like it.

We have long moved away from "Each school only does it's singular thing" ages ago. We're not arguing, we're all putting in our $.02 (in local currency lol) to flush an idea out is all :)

Enjoy your day and happy hunting

Defender
Jul 02, 2009
Wizgamer105 on Sep 4, 2013 wrote:

Fact?! Oh, I think I know where you got THAT from!

Champion
Aug 20, 2010
Spiral emperor on Sep 8, 2013 wrote:
Fact?! Oh, I think I know where you got THAT from!
What are you trying to say? I don't understand but I think I should feel offended.

I said, or for you meant, all schools have weaknesses and strengths and I stated that was a FACT. If you don't think that is a fact I can just start listing pros and cons of every single school. Would you like me to do that? Because I am happy to, clear up this misunderstanding. ?

Hero
Nov 14, 2010
dayerider i finally realized why you keep trying to tear at storm because this got shot down sll schools that aren't storm already have good damage centaur dear knight mammoth just not better then storm just like no school thats not life has better heals then them and no school thats not fire has better damage over time then them no school thats not death (i think don't even have health drains) no school thats not ice has better defense than them no school thats not myth has more minions then them no school thats not balance has more stacking blades and better attacks that do damage of 3 schools and please dayerider let it stay that way