Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

dual type wizards

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jul 15, 2013
OK, I cant find the answer to my question absolutely ANYWHERE..

My school is Fire... but then a friend of mine on Wizard101 is Fire/Death and someone else told me they were Fire/Ice

Question is, why am I not two different schools? Is it a feature you unlock after a certain quest? I don't get it :(

Adherent
Jul 03, 2010
Boris Sparklepants on Aug 11, 2013 wrote:

My school is Fire... but then a friend of mine on Wizard101 is Fire/Death and someone else told me they were Fire/Ice

Question is, why am I not two different schools? Is it a feature you unlock after a certain quest? I don't get it :(
The reference to 2 schools is usually because they are stating their main school and then saying the school they spent their training point on.

Hence fire means they are really a fire wizard but they took death spells with their training points.

As the game progresses, around lvl 45, unless you have the amulet for these schools you remove them out of you deck because it becomes to expensive pips wise to cast them, accept for maybe Ice's tower shield and Death's Feint.

Ambrose warns you in the beginning to spend your training points wisely - later on you may want spells that really do help you in the game and you won't have the training points to get them.

Survivor
Jun 21, 2009
This is called a secondary school. You use training points acquired from certain quests and level ups to learn spells from a different school. What level are you? It is possible you have not reached the level you need to choose a secondary. You will though, don't worry.

Survivor
Aug 06, 2009
They mean that there main school is fire and then they used training points to learn spells from the death teacher.
hope this helped

Mastermind
Oct 15, 2010
As you level up and complete certain quests, you will gain Training Points. When you have at least one, you can talk to another school's teacher to learn one of their spells. Keep in mind you will need enough training points and meet the level requirement to gain the spell. All of Ravenwood's schools' spells must be trained in successive order (top to bottom).

If you have any questions about what I explained, please ask!

Hero
Aug 18, 2011
You have only one main school. As you play you can earn training points that let you learn spells from other schools. Some people focus those on a single school, at least up to a point. So a fire wizard might train death up to the Feint spell, or Ice up to Tower Shield for instance. My guess it that is what your friends meant; a Fire wizard who knows some Death or Ice spells.

As you level up it gets harder to use damage spells from other schools effectively, so most players use training points mostly for utility spells (weakness, combination blades, shields, aurae, healing, etc). Wise use of training points can make your main school more effective so take your time and think about what you need most.

Mastermind
Mar 13, 2012
They meant that Death or Ice is their secondary school. You can't really have two schools, just 5(sometimes 6); Main, Secondary, (Third), Sun, Star, Moon.

Explorer
Jun 16, 2011
the wiserd has traind in to difrint schools. the seconte school is called a secondtary school. you can use traning points to train in a diffrint school,up till rank 6 in that school.

Archon
Oct 24, 2010
Boris Sparklepants on Aug 11, 2013 wrote:

What they are saying is that they are a Fire wizard, with Death (or Ice) and a Secondary school. All wizards receive and can earn training points. Best look at your spell book for some details.

All schools, and the spells they offer are here:

http://www.wizard101central.com/wiki/Category:Spells

Remember that those trained school-specific spells (such as a blade) will not be available as a secondary school spell.

Survivor
May 19, 2012
A lot of ppl refer to their econdary school like that. Fire primary and ice secondary

Explorer
Jun 05, 2011
When people refer to others or themselves as dual schools, they have one school as their main, and another school as their secondary.

One example, with two of my wizards:
Mark is a Wizard, but with his Mastery is also considered to be a mild Wizard.
Andrew is an Wizard, but with his Mastery is also considered to be a mild Wizard.
Mark is / while Andrew is /

When people say that they are of 2 schools, that just means that they studied a secondary.

-Mark DeathMask, 85
-Andrew SpiritStrider, 62

Defender
Aug 08, 2012
A secondary school is you train spells outside your school. To do this, simply go to another school and talk to the trainer. You can learn those spells till your level 42. I'm Life/Ice and my fire is Fire/Death.

Illuminator
Oct 22, 2011
When you earn training points, you can train a secondary school of your choice. That's why you see Fire/Death and Fire/Ice.

If you are unhappy with your secondary choice, you can buy back your training points, but I must warn you, it does cost crowns to do so, and the higher level you are, the more crowns it costs.

When I started my Ice, I trained Death as a secondary. Most of my other wizards do not have secondary schools, because I feel they don't need it. It's not a necessity to do so. I decided not to buy back my training points for my Ice, so I learned how to use Ice/Death as a great combo in battles.

Mastermind
Feb 06, 2010
As said before, secondary schools. Also mastery AMulets. Those allow you to use the school of your amulet with power pips. Like say I'm on my fire and he has a death mastery amulet on, thath means he can use power pips with death spells. But you can't buy your own school's amulet for obvious reasons.

Survivor
Nov 07, 2009
Basically Your Friend Is And S/he Used Training Points For Spells . --- Good Luck In Your Journeys ,