Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

bad groups

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jul 08, 2012
so i was in dragonspyre farming loremaster.

I get in a bunch of groups some are really well geared high level
people. some have bad gear or are low level or using bad decks.

I was in several groups that took forever.

I run into a lot of people saying kill loremaster first it improves
the drop rate! or kill her first she is the only one that can attack
or i just want to kill her first to blah blah prove how macho i am
for no reason what so ever just so this fight will take for ever!

Ok i have been in groups and seen people one shot everything
in one or two turns for these people i applaud and i enjoy those
groups the best.

I have tried to go into random groups as i cannot solo this boss
alone and had people litteraly jump off the thing telling me to ask
before i join even tho there is like 3-1 open spots and nobody else
is going in with them. they act all high and mighty and even mean.
some are just trolls trying to waste my and other players time. some
have even been down right mean to me just because i tried to go in
with them. some are even convinced that the drop rate improves
with less people or that they have to share the loot that drops.

for future groups i hope you read this.

1. the drop rate stays the same no matter what you do or who your with
and the order you kill them in has no effect what so ever on the drops.

2. unless your a high level person that can one shot or two shot everything
kill the life minion first, then the other two and then her it goes a lot faster.

3. stop trolling or kicking people out of your groups, stop telling people to
ask permission and telling them they are rude for joining, because they are
not being rude you are especially if there is room for them. and stop fooling
your selves and others into thinking that there is anyway you can change the
drop rate. stop trying to be macho by taking on the boss your self while the adds
are still up. stop telling others to focus on the adds while you tackle the boss.
kill things in the proper order and help them do it as they are helping you.

be nice and best of luck to all of you.

Historian
Jul 18, 2010
Yeah one time I joined this storm guy, lvl 88 or something, no one was joining so I did. As soon as we entered I was ABOUT to go first. But. However. He left !!!! luckily I didn't go in otherwise I would have died cause I cannot solo it either . But some others are much much nicer. I have lvl 90 friends from farming!!!! My wizard I was farming with was only lvl 48

Explorer
Feb 06, 2010
I myself am somebody who likes to go with set groups or with friends and won't appreciate if somebody random joins. If they say they want to go alone or whatever you should respect it. Is it a crime to want to go alone or only certain friends? I often don't appreciate people coming in when i want to go alone because I have my own fighting style. Sometimes people just prefer to go alone and without help. Often times people have set "groups" they want to go with. Just because there are open spots doesn't mean it's just free for you to join them if they don't want you to. I don't think you should complain. I'm level 90 and it's not high and mighty if they don't want you to come! I don't like random people joining but we don't TRY to be mean about it you're just overreacting thinking it's mean. It's like if I don't want to friend somebody they think it's being mean. People usually like to PLAN their groups. Don't judge us so meanly just because there's room for someone to come and we don't want anybody else. Also, it's not trolling.

Armiger
Feb 25, 2009
sparky000052638 on Aug 16, 2013 wrote:
I myself am somebody who likes to go with set groups or with friends and won't appreciate if somebody random joins. If they say they want to go alone or whatever you should respect it. Is it a crime to want to go alone or only certain friends? I often don't appreciate people coming in when i want to go alone because I have my own fighting style. Sometimes people just prefer to go alone and without help. Often times people have set "groups" they want to go with. Just because there are open spots doesn't mean it's just free for you to join them if they don't want you to. I don't think you should complain. I'm level 90 and it's not high and mighty if they don't want you to come! I don't like random people joining but we don't TRY to be mean about it you're just overreacting thinking it's mean. It's like if I don't want to friend somebody they think it's being mean. People usually like to PLAN their groups. Don't judge us so meanly just because there's room for someone to come and we don't want anybody else. Also, it's not trolling.
Sparky, maybe you and others do want to go alone, but I know exactly what Suri is talking about. Unfortunately, there are some players that are exactly how she has described them. Yes, some do have set groups/friends they quest and do dungeons or instances with but there is a lot of rudeness in the game as well.

But Suri, by the same token, it is actually more polite to ask before joining. It will reduce a lot of the issues with rudeness and pick carefully who you want to try to join with. You can and will save yourself a lot of grief from those who have not learned how to play nice.

Explorer
Feb 06, 2010
DragonLady1818 on Aug 18, 2013 wrote:
Sparky, maybe you and others do want to go alone, but I know exactly what Suri is talking about. Unfortunately, there are some players that are exactly how she has described them. Yes, some do have set groups/friends they quest and do dungeons or instances with but there is a lot of rudeness in the game as well.

But Suri, by the same token, it is actually more polite to ask before joining. It will reduce a lot of the issues with rudeness and pick carefully who you want to try to join with. You can and will save yourself a lot of grief from those who have not learned how to play nice.
I'm sorry, that did come out wrong. I myself haven't encountered much rudeness about that issue. Usually when I'm there people say they go alone and nobody gives them trouble or tries to join. Though sometimes rudeness is more of irritation because people can ruin a dungeon for somebody because they wouldn't listen not to come even though it would mean the person trying to go in alone would be forced to abandon their friends who were with them. I understand most of what she's saying I just don't agree with everything. It's just mostly a point of view thing I guess. Anyways, whenever I see people being rude, it's just usually in PvP or nubs who just like to put people down in general. But I must add that Suri should change her definition of trolling because we're not trolling.