Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Astal spells?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jul 08, 2012
Ok i am level 52 and i have access to the trainers in celestia base camp.

My question is this, are the spells there worth getting?

I have been giving thought to getting sun or star school spells.

I was planning on retraining my talents so i played around with a few
of the celestia spells. I have a pet that gives vengeance and i noticed
that the star school spells do not stack they replace each other if you
cast them before the previous ones duration is up which was a bummer
i would prefer my pets vengeance spell over the others so they are not worth
getting imo. I also do not need my pet getting rid of say the damage reduction
star spell with vengeance if im close to dying and trying to survive long enough
to get a heal off.

so star school seems to be out for me as far as the celestia spells themselves go.

I then wondered if i get to another zone with astral spells if i could skip the celestia
spells and just save my training points to train the higher ranks else where? or do i
have to train all of the ranks in each zone to get access to the next zones spells?

I have no clue what astal spells i should get or which school tho i am leaning toward
sun. I have no clue if i have to train them all or if i can skip the ones in certain zones.

Please help inform me as the wiki and other links do not seem to answer all of my
questions.

Mastermind
Feb 06, 2010
Suri Blueflame on Aug 10, 2013 wrote:

star spell with vengeance if im close to dying and trying to survive long enough
to get a heal off.

so star school seems to be out for me as far as the celestia spells themselves go.

I then wondered if i get to another zone with astral spells if i could skip the celestia
spells and just save my training points to train the higher ranks else where? or do i
have to train all of the ranks in each zone to get access to the next zones spells?

I have no clue what astal spells i should get or which school tho i am leaning toward
sun. I have no clue if i have to train them all or if i can skip the ones in certain zones.

Please help inform me as the wiki and other links do not seem to answer all of my
questions.
Most people train sun to colossal and then in AZ get sharpened blade, potent trap, and life's get primoridal. The wiki, when you view a spell as it's own page, it will have a requirements section. Here's an example:
http://www.wizard101central.com/wiki/Spell:Giant
See the requirements thing? That tells you what you need to train that spell. The prequisite is what spells require having that spell learned to be trainable. Just browse and search spells and the answer becomes clear. Well auras do change for a reason. You would be too strong and powerful. Most only get a cetain aura in I think AZ. Yes they are worth getting. Colossal can make a troll do big damage for small pips. And star is like a temporary piece of equipment. When you get to AZ, if you fin the star spell trainer, pick one spell and you will be good (Or 2 if you're balance). Hope this helps!

Champion
Aug 20, 2010
If you ask me you should train all the sun damage spells up to colossal for sure, then sharpened blade and potent trap in Azteca, and Primordial if you like, and train your school's aura. That is exactly what I did. And if you ask me don't train ANY Moon spells, polymorphs are not really good.

Champion
Jun 30, 2009
Suri Blueflame on Aug 10, 2013 wrote:

to get a heal off.

questions.
Suri,

If you want to progress through Celestia it is a must. Cards like Tough can be gotten by any Librarian that offers them or the Bazaar, but the Sun spells like Colossal (gotten in Zafaria late in the world), add about +275 damage to any spell of yours that you have. And the only way to get them is starting in Celestia Base Camp and get the L50 and 52 cards, the next is in ones are in the Floating Land by the trainer for decks and wands.

The Drum Jungle offers Colossal after several quests, which is awesome to have. Avalon magic is ok, and when you restore the three monoliths of Sun, Moon and Star; the 3 Sun spells are incredible. Sharpened Blade allows you to add +10 to any blade you use (whether from Niles or your natural one), Potent Trap allows you to make your +30 trap +40, and Primordial allows +100 to any health spell (Fairy for Storm 400 +100 =500).

You can skip them if you want, but if you want high experience in battle, they are vital.

Timothy Pearlflower, L90

Explorer
Jun 05, 2011
If you decide to go for the Astral schools, go for Fortify, Amplify, Infallible and Empowerment. I would suggest training the Sun Damage enchantments as well. Don't use Polymorphs. IMO, the Moon spells are probably the least useful.