Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Loremaster.

AuthorMessage
Delver
Aug 26, 2012
Hey i'm confused. What kind of spell the loremaster drops? Treasure cards or forever spells. (You know like when you learn ice wyren it's a forever spell because you can use it when you like) The tome I battled the loremaster it dropped a rebirth treasure card and another that i don't remember

Illuminator
Feb 24, 2009
I still haven't gotten any spells after exactly 168 loremaster runs >_<'
Then again, I've always had bad luck aha
168 Loremaster - None yet
129 Waterworks - My Fire's set
46 Tartarus - Only the Fire hat

Explorer
Jun 04, 2011
So I just recently heard about the Loremaster. AWESOME addition to the game. Great that you can finally learn some high ranked spells out of your own school. Just did her once; wasn't lucky enough to score a card but I got a whole set of clothes ( not my level, but they sold for a TON). I am really hoping for Catalan, or even Deer Knight (awesome spells). I am totally gonna farm the Loremaster tons of times :)

Emmaline Iceshard
Lvl. 67 Legendary Thaumaturge

Explorer
Jul 29, 2009
I've been at it for a few days now on my death trying desperately to get deer knight, so far I have gotten fomori and catalan, which I won't be using very often. I understand that guaranteeing you get a spell from your school first or something like that would be overkill, but I would like to see them do something where you get a decently increased chance that when you do get a spell drop it will be from your base school, and a slightly increased chance for the school(or schools) that you have spent training points towards(or maybe just the one with the most points).

Geographer
Apr 29, 2012
critical death on Aug 10, 2013 wrote:
Yea I love Loremaster. I want the loremaster spell. Same with savage paw and samoorai. But above all, want deer knight. It has high damage and all enemies. She drops ALL spells that you had to craft or get from a pack. But she is hard to farm on solo balance. I say KI just made the best boss in the game unless the death door in haunted cave has something awesomer.
Nope, just Nosferabbit.

Survivor
Sep 07, 2013
I love the loremaster. that being said... i hate my luck! wah! i played her, no joke, about 50 times on my storm. finally got a spell. it was lord of night :( I seen somebody with a real good idea, a boss credit chest. its a boss chest, you get a credit every time you beat that boss. In the chest is all of their possible drops. rarer drops cost more credits. it would be nice i dont mind doing ww 50 times if i know after that i can go to a chest and get a life mastery amulet o: or, loremaster and a spell is 50 credits, just please cosider it. some people have terrible farming luck (me) although when i hatch i always get what i want. can i trade? lol

Archon
Oct 24, 2010
Luke Skysleeper on Sep 23, 2013 wrote:
Hey i'm confused. What kind of spell the loremaster drops? Treasure cards or forever spells. (You know like when you learn ice wyren it's a forever spell because you can use it when you like) The tome I battled the loremaster it dropped a rebirth treasure card and another that i don't remember
The Loremaster drops both, permanent spells and treasure cards:

http://www.wizard101central.com/wiki/Creature:Loremaster

(scroll down toward the bottom of the page to see possible drops)

Delver
Aug 26, 2012
RavenLady777 on Oct 9, 2013 wrote:
The Loremaster drops both, permanent spells and treasure cards:

http://www.wizard101central.com/wiki/Creature:Loremaster

(scroll down toward the bottom of the page to see possible drops)
Wow thanks for the link RavenLady777. My most wanted spell is Catalan. If anyone wants to fight look for me in the athenaeum in the realm seraph

Survivor
Sep 21, 2013
Loremaster is not worth the fight Ya you can take out the boss with out to much problem but the blank pip henchman are the problem they just keep thoughing up those spells that zap your power from your spells that it makes the fight not worth it. Again to me this fight is not worth the time or anything else.

Explorer
Jul 29, 2009
RaiTaebeck on Oct 1, 2013 wrote:
I've been at it for a few days now on my death trying desperately to get deer knight, so far I have gotten fomori and catalan, which I won't be using very often. I understand that guaranteeing you get a spell from your school first or something like that would be overkill, but I would like to see them do something where you get a decently increased chance that when you do get a spell drop it will be from your base school, and a slightly increased chance for the school(or schools) that you have spent training points towards(or maybe just the one with the most points).
Still no deer knight, or any new spells on my death for that matter. I did get luminous weaver on my fire. Anyone else seem to have terrible luck with her?

Edit: The night after posting this originally, I now have goat monk on my death, not something I'm really going to use, but at least it seems like we're getting closer to useful-ness, I hope.

Explorer
Jun 05, 2011
Luke Skysleeper on Sep 23, 2013 wrote:
The Loremaster drops treasure cards AND spells. Treasure cards are likely to be gotten each and every round. Spells are what make the Loremaster so popular.

Squire
Jul 04, 2012
Survivor
Dec 04, 2012
Wolf Skullslinger on Aug 8, 2013 wrote:
AWESOME. Is my word to describe the Loremaster. I have recieved Lord of Night (on a Death) and Savage Paw (on a balance) now this is not a surefire thing (my friend a Death got Savage paw and my other friend Death got Catalan). So it can work.

Best of luck in farming!
Wolf Deathhammer, Owner of Lord of Night
Wolf Legend, Owner of Savage Paw
I am so jealous of you. I have been farming for a while now (like weeks) and havent gotten a single spell. I am shooting for brim stone revenant for fire, savage paw or loremaster for balance, and catalan for storm. And i have gotten nothing.

Survivor
Jun 06, 2009
You lucky guy! I have finally gotten Goat Monk on my Life character after three months of attempts. My Fire and Death got cards easier, but the wrong ones. My Fire learned Handsome Formori (heh) and my Death learned Keeper of the Flame. That place is very addictive, so I'll most likely take another try for a spell.

Charles Nightsword, Level 37 See you in the Spiral! (or not)

Archon
Sep 17, 2012
Loremaster drops are very rare, as they should be. I have 9 of her 13 spells on my storm. She tends to drop them about 1-2 times a week for me. The battle is extremely easy so I don't think people should expect easy drops for permanent spells.

Survivor
May 19, 2012
Can you get a spell from the loremaster for at lvl 22 and how do you get the spells from him its very hard

Survivor
May 15, 2010
You know, i think i am pretty lucky..... i got 3 spells from the loremaster in a week! it is very fun to fight her and to get the sweet spells. What i am confused about is that on my second try i failed to get a spell. I went to the chest, deposited 50 crowns, and i got the Krampus spell! It was sweet and i was really surprised. I salso got Hansome formori and savage paw. Tell me if the chest thing happend or happens to you.

Seth Pixiefinder

Explorer
Jun 12, 2011
pods1973 on Aug 22, 2013 wrote:
So the loremaster drops spells?
I am so glad that I had the 3 month struggle of gardening for amber to craft deer knight.
I can understand having one in a pack, because that makes KI money, but now crafted stuff is available as a drop?
Is there even a point to crafting anymore?
Hey pods!

These spells were initially available as drops or from crown packs only; they didn't become craftable until enough people complained, lol. Good thing, too... I'm proud of my (crafted) savage paw spell.

As for me, I have fought loremaster more than 50 times and have never received a thing. At this point, I have better ways to waste time (like having 3 prometheans who need their Hades gear, no sign of that either).

As much as I hate crafting, I do miss the days when the game was about hard work, rather than luck and money power.

-von