Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Loremaster.

AuthorMessage
Mastermind
Mar 05, 2011
AWESOME. Is my word to describe the Loremaster. I have recieved Lord of Night (on a Death) and Savage Paw (on a balance) now this is not a surefire thing (my friend a Death got Savage paw and my other friend Death got Catalan). So it can work.

Best of luck in farming!
Wolf Deathhammer, Owner of Lord of Night
Wolf Legend, Owner of Savage Paw

Geographer
Sep 07, 2011
Yes! A great addition to the game. Thank you to all who made it happen!

Squire
May 10, 2013
Wolf Skullslinger on Aug 8, 2013 wrote:
AWESOME. Is my word to describe the Loremaster. I have recieved Lord of Night (on a Death) and Savage Paw (on a balance) now this is not a surefire thing (my friend a Death got Savage paw and my other friend Death got Catalan). So it can work.

Best of luck in farming!
Lucky! In 5 tries I got no spell

Mastermind
Feb 06, 2010
Yea I love Loremaster. I want the loremaster spell. Same with savage paw and samoorai. But above all, want deer knight. It has high damage and all enemies. She drops ALL spells that you had to craft or get from a pack. But she is hard to farm on solo balance. I say KI just made the best boss in the game unless the death door in haunted cave has something awesomer.

Defender
Jan 21, 2011
Loremaster is mainly used for dropping spells and WOW are the chances good! I've saved amber for Keeper of the Flame but I might just farm her for awhile

Geographer
Mar 12, 2013
In general this latest update has made it far easier to craft or get spells as drops.

Loremaster is the best way, but you also get amber as boss drops in several places in Aquila.

For the first time ever, having Deer Knight is a realistic goal for me.

Explorer
Jun 05, 2011
I beat the Loremaster only once, and that was on Test. It seems that she got harder since she hit Live.

Survivor
May 25, 2009
Wolf Skullslinger on Aug 8, 2013 wrote:

Best of luck in farming!
Really lucky! I've been farming for six days and haven't gotten any spells

Mastermind
Feb 29, 2012
So the loremaster drops spells?
I am so glad that I had the 3 month struggle of gardening for amber to craft deer knight.
I can understand having one in a pack, because that makes KI money, but now crafted stuff is available as a drop?
Is there even a point to crafting anymore?

Explorer
Nov 24, 2010
I have only been farming this boss for two days, and I got one spell; goat monk. My friend helping me got handsome fomori on his first try. I don't know if the drops are rare or frequent. It usually takes me 5 to 7 minutes for one battle. But yeah overall I like the addition of the loremaster, even though I just heard about it three days ago at least. I have tried to gather the reagents in crafting them, forever, and it was a pain.

Survivor
Aug 06, 2009
I have been fighting the loremaster since she came out on live and i finally got a spell, it was deer knight the one spell i didn't really want cause i'm a fire wizard.

Explorer
Apr 01, 2011
I've gotten more spells from the card packs than the Loremaster

Survivor
May 08, 2010
Hey,
I have battled The Loremaster at least 7 times and still trying. I am trying to get Catalan and Samoorai. visit me in the realm kraken.

See you later,
David Stormhunter and Joshua Shadowcloud

Defender
Apr 07, 2011
Her drop rate is really low, but it makes the battle exciting. I kill her 5 times a day (sometimes more) and got Brimstone Revenant so far. I am balance, but i enjoy every new spells.

Bringing Loremaster to the Realms was a great update! Thanks!

Explorer
Apr 17, 2011
Still trying to get a spell from her. :c
hope i get it soon!

Defender
Oct 21, 2010
I got the spell Loremaster on my ice while trying for Winter Moon or Handsome Formori, but I'll take what I can get

-See Ya In The Spiral!!

Julia DragonLeaf

Adherent
Jul 03, 2010
pods1973 on Aug 22, 2013 wrote:
So the loremaster drops spells?
I am so glad that I had the 3 month struggle of gardening for amber to craft deer knight.
I can understand having one in a pack, because that makes KI money, but now crafted stuff is available as a drop?
Is there even a point to crafting anymore?
With crafting you got the spell you wanted on the wizard you wanted it on, with farming who knows.

Over throwing crowns at a pack or farming your way was more of a sure thing.

Mastermind
Feb 29, 2012
Northlite on Sep 12, 2013 wrote:
With crafting you got the spell you wanted on the wizard you wanted it on, with farming who knows.

Over throwing crowns at a pack or farming your way was more of a sure thing.
I have no problem farming for a spell. I have problems with KI setting out a difficult challenge (polite term), and then later on having that same challenge reduced to little effort, albeit by chance.
I have helped my young son try for some spells from her, and I have gotten Samoori and he has gotten the Loremaster spell. I am fine with a unique spell being dropped by her. But to have her drop spells that many have worked months to get? It is a let down to those who undertook that task.
That was my point.
Farming the loremaster really isn't difficult. I watched my son farm (he is 7) with some others and the dual lasted 2 rounds. Round 1 was a Fire critical meteor strike that took out the minions, round two was a frog and a colossus I think that did the rest.

Survivor
Jun 16, 2009
Well so far my storm has gotten Catalan, Loremaster, Brimstone Revenant, Luminous weaver, and Handsome Fomori I'm not sure if I spelled that right. But I was lucky enough to get Catalan as my fifth spell for my storm so I would say that the Loremaster is awesome!

Adherent
Jul 03, 2010
pods1973 on Sep 13, 2013 wrote:
I have no problem farming for a spell. I have problems with KI setting out a difficult challenge (polite term), and then later on having that same challenge reduced to little effort, albeit by chance.
I have helped my young son try for some spells from her, and I have gotten Samoori and he has gotten the Loremaster spell. I am fine with a unique spell being dropped by her. But to have her drop spells that many have worked months to get? It is a let down to those who undertook that task.
That was my point.
Farming the loremaster really isn't difficult. I watched my son farm (he is 7) with some others and the dual lasted 2 rounds. Round 1 was a Fire critical meteor strike that took out the minions, round two was a frog and a colossus I think that did the rest.
But you don't mention getting deer knight. My point is, yes you can farm now for the spell but you put in the time and crafted the spell you wanted on the wizard you wanted it on. It may take some months to get the spell some actually want farming for it too.

You are also going to find that some do like to craft insanely difficult items - such as the houses.

Maybe it's just me though because I prefer sure things over farming for them but I have my limits on what I will do for crafting also. I pick and choose what I know I can gather and create before I even start it. Maybe I can not see your point because I don't use any of these spells and some how have been able to get my wizards though Azteca.

Bottom line is, you should be more proud of your crafted spell over one you can obtain from who knows how many hours of farming for it. You knew the challange when you took that craft on and you completed it.

Survivor
May 21, 2013
I also am glad you can farm to get the spells from loremaster and yes sometimes you get right off the bat and sometimes it takes longer. I love the fact that you can spend time battling and getting experience from farming for these spells. But one thing with update on this is seems like pets don't heal as much now for some reason. That i just wanted to add to make sure if it is just me that see's that or I might be crazy lol.

Jasmine Dragonrider lvl 82 life

Champion
Jan 27, 2010
OMG new balance spells how did I not know about this sooner

Survivor
Feb 08, 2009
inre Jasmine's question regarding pet healing while battling the loremaster- I totally agree with you. I have used five different pets (my best healers) and all of them healed me maybe two times max per battle.

Kudo's to KI to give us a chance at some sweet new spells.
Hannah Stormsong

Geographer
Dec 14, 2009
There is a simple solution to the problem of appeasing those who want the spell,but do not wish to dedicate themselves to the task of crafting it, KI should have 2 versions of each spell. Wizards who undertake the monumental task of crafting,should be reward with an enhanced version of that spell <lower pip cost,greater damage, etc> as opposed to those who simply receive it as a drop from farming.

Armiger
Jan 11, 2012
Im glad they made it a bit easier to get the spells. I just wish my luck was better with it. I've been farming since it came out and have yet to get any spells. I can solo it just fine and do so, as well as team up. The other day, a team member got an off-school spell. I only want 3 spells, 2 for my death and one for my fire