Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Concerning "Jadezillas"

AuthorMessage
Mastermind
Mar 05, 2011
Honestly I have no idea what everyone gets worked up about. Jade players can be countered by a couple easy strategies and things to keep in your deck:

1. Carry infects/entangle/doom, in most of my decks I have 4-5 infects in main deck and 5 in side deck. So I always have access to an infect. TC dooms are good if you don't have training points for regular doom

2. Infallible, in PvP most setups are improved with infallible. It costs no pips and pierces 15% resist.

3. Knowing when to blade, there are times when either you have infects or dispels on yourself that they won't earth off. If you leave those on then you can get maybe 2 blades and an infallible. This will put a pretty good sized dent in them. Also if they just used their pips, then you can see that you have an opportunity to blade twice. Do it. Get some blades on and then hit quick. (Carry 2 shatters in the side deck in case they shield stack, other than that you most likely won't need them)

4. Shield/weakness their big attack, most jades just build up a ton of blades and then hit with it. So put up a shield or two and weakness (they mostly won't hit with those on)

But honestly, all of this is stuff you should have in a regular deck. I have run into maybe 3 jades in all of my PvP time. They aren't as common as people make them out to be. One of them was in a tourney in the last round. I beat him to go on to win the whole tourney.

Its even easier to beat jades in 2v2, 3v3, and 4v4. Keep pounding them with hits while making sure they have infects and dooms so they can't heal their partners. Don't let them heal and you will be fine. Keep an infect and a doom from second on them.

Remember this is just what I do, I don't need any criticism. If you have another way to deal with jades, I'd love to hear it, post it in a reply to this thread. Maybe someone who is having trouble dealing with jades will learn from you.

Wolf Skullslinger, Thaumaturge by Trade

Defender
Sep 19, 2010
Wolf Skullslinger on Aug 8, 2013 wrote:
Honestly I have no idea what everyone gets worked up about. Jade players can be countered by a couple easy strategies and things to keep in your deck:

1. Carry infects/entangle/doom, in most of my decks I have 4-5 infects in main deck and 5 in side deck. So I always have access to an infect. TC dooms are good if you don't have training points for regular doom

2. Infallible, in PvP most setups are improved with infallible. It costs no pips and pierces 15% resist.

3. Knowing when to blade, there are times when either you have infects or dispels on yourself that they won't earth off. If you leave those on then you can get maybe 2 blades and an infallible. This will put a pretty good sized dent in them. Also if they just used their pips, then you can see that you have an opportunity to blade twice. Do it. Get some blades on and then hit quick. (Carry 2 shatters in the side deck in case they shield stack, other than that you most likely won't need them)

4. Shield/weakness their big attack, most jades just build up a ton of blades and then hit with it. So put up a shield or two and weakness (they mostly won't hit with those on)

But honestly, all of this is stuff you should have in a regular deck. I have run into maybe 3 jades in all of my PvP time. They aren't as common as people make them out to be. One of them was in a tourney in the last round. I beat him to go on to win the whole tourney.

Its even easier to beat jades in 2v2, 3v3, and 4v4. Keep pounding them with hits while making sure they have infects and dooms so they can't heal their partners. Don't let them heal and you will be fine. Keep an infect and a doom from second on them.

Remember this is just what I do, I don't need any criticism. If you have another way to deal with jades, I'd love to hear it, post it in a reply to this thread. Maybe someone who is having trouble dealing with jades will learn from you.

Wolf Skullslinger, Thaumaturge by Trade
Thank you, someone else who doesn't feel its impossible to beat a Jade. Agree with everything you say here, except I normally don't bother with infections and life dispels if it becomes obvious they have a super heal pet, and just use an extra blade before I attack instead. Jade's in anything but 1v1 are something you really don't want; I actually asked the Life in my main 4v4 group either to use something else, make a different school character, or leave our group, as it is easiest in the large scale battles to have everyone hitting at once, instead of an ice shielding, a life shielding, a death in jade casting plagues, and me sitting there doing nothing so earth doesn't remove the plagues. Jade in large scale pvp is worse than useless.

Mason ShadowwraithPromethean

Mastermind
Mar 05, 2011
1320Wraith on Aug 8, 2013 wrote:
Thank you, someone else who doesn't feel its impossible to beat a Jade. Agree with everything you say here, except I normally don't bother with infections and life dispels if it becomes obvious they have a super heal pet, and just use an extra blade before I attack instead. Jade's in anything but 1v1 are something you really don't want; I actually asked the Life in my main 4v4 group either to use something else, make a different school character, or leave our group, as it is easiest in the large scale battles to have everyone hitting at once, instead of an ice shielding, a life shielding, a death in jade casting plagues, and me sitting there doing nothing so earth doesn't remove the plagues. Jade in large scale pvp is worse than useless.

Mason ShadowwraithPromethean
Thank you for having sense!
Good to know there are players out there who actually work on strategies. And once the team around the jade is taken down, there are sometimes 4 players on the other team who are working against that one person (infects, dooms, dispels, etc.) so it almost makes them useless.

Wolf Skullslinger

Explorer
May 09, 2010
I have no problem with jade, as they are pretty weak for attackers. It will take tie to beat them, and thats what they will do to annoy you, make the battle longer.

But with Aquila gears now. wow, my storm can recieve 30 pierce. combined with infallible and pierce blade lol, they can be paper now.

Champion
Dec 03, 2012
Yes, yes yes. It's possible to beat one. Ignore the dispels, just use a wand spell, of that type, presto. No blades used. The resistance is easy do beat. Put on some piercing armor, put conviction aura on, put a spear on, there! I remember once there was somebody who was IMMUNE to magic. At least it was on my team.

Defender
Sep 19, 2010
Molly the Balance ... on Aug 10, 2013 wrote:
Yes, yes yes. It's possible to beat one. Ignore the dispels, just use a wand spell, of that type, presto. No blades used. The resistance is easy do beat. Put on some piercing armor, put conviction aura on, put a spear on, there! I remember once there was somebody who was IMMUNE to magic. At least it was on my team.
Assuming the immune was single or double school, and that by conviction you meant infallible since conviction doesn't do anything offensive.