Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Phrases that should be blocked.

AuthorMessage
Geographer
Nov 26, 2011
There should be some phrases that need to be blocked in text chat, like maybe if you attempt to say "I need a boy/girl" when you type the whole thing, its blocked. And when you put foo with k, it should be blocked completely. And when you put dome with the word as, that is another phrase that should be blocked. These should only be blocked from text chat if you use the words together. Theres been a lot of foul language lately. Anyways, does anyone got more ideas on phrases when you put certain words together blocked or disagree/agree/etc with my idea?

Explorer
Jan 17, 2011
Totally agree! This is very bad language and I really wish it would be blocked because they are replicas of swear and curse words! Really they should be blocked KI should think about this and block it! Not this post but the foul language.

Squire
Mar 07, 2011
People will always find creative ways around the chat filters. I think KI does an overall good job at blocking inappropriate phrases.

I find that inappropriate language mainly happens in two areas, The Commons and PvP. This is one reason I stay away from both areas.

Survivor
Nov 11, 2009
Moonlighterz1000 on Aug 8, 2013 wrote:
There should be some phrases that need to be blocked in text chat, like maybe if you attempt to say "I need a boy/girl" when you type the whole thing, its blocked. And when you put foo with k, it should be blocked completely. And when you put dome with the word as, that is another phrase that should be blocked. These should only be blocked from text chat if you use the words together. Theres been a lot of foul language lately. Anyways, does anyone got more ideas on phrases when you put certain words together blocked or disagree/agree/etc with my idea?
I agree too but with some words you can't have them block, just the order they are put in. Like the word foo, cant be blocked because of the foo dog pets.

Defender
Apr 07, 2011
Malt22 on Aug 8, 2013 wrote:
People will always find creative ways around the chat filters. I think KI does an overall good job at blocking inappropriate phrases.

I find that inappropriate language mainly happens in two areas, The Commons and PvP. This is one reason I stay away from both areas.
Yes, sadly the arena is full with really bad languege. I suggest Menu Chat Only in pvp.