Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

The Skies of Empyrea Are On the Horizon?

AuthorMessage
Historian
May 06, 2009
With the arrival of Aquila on the way, and that it is an expansion, not a continuation of the story, it still leaves possiblities on what the next world will be. Many believe Polaris will make an appearance, others hope for Darkmoor. I, however, strongly believe Empyrea will be the final world and I'll explain why. Let's break things down...

How is it Empyrea? What is it?
Well first let's look at the world name Empyrea. This actually comes from the words "empyreal", meaning of or portaining to the skies, heavens; celestial and "empyrean", meaning the place in the highest heaven occupying the element of fire. We know that Empyrea is of the skies and has Sky Squids, so this makes sense. "Empyrean" also comes from the Greek word "empyrus" meaning in or on the fire. This tells us that possibly Empyrea is that of hot fires or heat. It also said, from Christian literature, that celestial beings made purely of light and fire dwelled highest heaven.

How Does Empyrea Connect to the Story?
Here's a key phrase Morganthe left for us. She said she needed to complete her "Celestial Choir." With the words "empyreal" and "empyrean," I was able to do more research and come across a belief system of the Christian Angelic Hierarchy. What is entails is that there are 3 overall spheres of angels. The angels were organized into several orders or "choirs" under each stage. This then tels me that Empyrea may pull from religious beliefs or religious cosmotology. Now, you could find choirs just about anyway. But the fact that the name of the world ties to other elements such as this couldn't be a better match. To continue the connection, each world, minus Celestia, had something to do with the prophocey.
"The Mirror will break..."-Zafaria, the barrier in Mirror Lake that held Morganthe's power was broken
"The Horn will call..."-Avalon, the Horned Crown called Wizards to aid the world against the Pendragon
"From the shadows I strike..."-TBA
"And the Skies will fall!"-Azteca, The skies fell on Azteca
If we look at the third line, no world is matched with it. Morganthe said she had to leave to her home of the Shadow-Web. It was also there where she must complete her Celestial Choir.
Finally, the world has a theme that ties with "celestial." Celestial is the key-theme to the whole 2nd Arc as it constantly plays with the Astral Schools and world themes that deal with Celestial beliefs. Every world so far has had some play with that. Empyrea fits perfectly.

Why Morganthe Would Need this World
Think of it this way. Bartleby is the heart of the Spiral, releasing Magic to all Worlds. Many powers of the Angelic Hierarchy is to watch over the distribuition of power. If Empyrea works similarly, it's like a doorway to the Spiral. It is the heat and passion that powers the heart. If Morganthe can tap into that, well...game over.

Empyrea's Theme
I won't go into detail with this, but I would assume Babylonian, Mesopatamian, and Medivial Christian influences are some of the top I see.

Explorer
Mar 10, 2010
A very well thought theory you have there!
Question: is this a world you know existed or is just being made up?

Historian
May 06, 2009
bunnyukti on Aug 1, 2013 wrote:
A very well thought theory you have there!
Question: is this a world you know existed or is just being made up?
This is an actual world that exsists currently in the game. The name of the world has been mentioned twice. Once in Wysteria during Beatrice Wildwind's incantation quest line, and second in Myth's Level 68 Basilisk spell quest.

Mastermind
Jun 02, 2013
I hope you're reading this...

Wizard101 has won many awards, has many players, and is downright one of the best MMO's ever made. Why would they ever stop it? For one thing, it would sadden many, and many flows of cash will stop, from over a million people buying crowns, cards, Ect. Also, many have heard that the crew are already making the third arc. Empyrea may be the last world for the 2nd storyline, but not the game. Also, many have figured out that Aquilia and Empyrea are almost the same thing, and a near re-do of a world would make many bored.

Happy Spellcasting!

Historian
May 06, 2009
SoupWizard64 on Aug 2, 2013 wrote:
I hope you're reading this...

Wizard101 has won many awards, has many players, and is downright one of the best MMO's ever made. Why would they ever stop it? For one thing, it would sadden many, and many flows of cash will stop, from over a million people buying crowns, cards, Ect. Also, many have heard that the crew are already making the third arc. Empyrea may be the last world for the 2nd storyline, but not the game. Also, many have figured out that Aquilia and Empyrea are almost the same thing, and a near re-do of a world would make many bored.

Happy Spellcasting!
I am reading this, thank you and please forgive me, but your response has upset me a little bit.

I've made a similar post and it went way out of proportion that I was indicated the end of the game. To set the recorod straight: I'M TALIKING ABOUT THE END OF THE SECOND ARC! NOT THE GAME! I'm not shouting at you or anyone, but I am showing strong emotion at the stance I'm making. When I said "final world" (which I've taked the time to modify), I do mean the end of the 2nd Arc, not the game. Please tell me how you made that assumption. I don't understand how people jump ot the conclusion that this is the end of the game. It's the end of the Chapter, but Professor Greyrose has already confirmed that more stories and Arc's are to come for the game. I don't -DON'T- want this game to end as much as anyone else and I am aware of the speculations and high chances a 3rd Arc is coming. But why would anyone want this game, as good as it is, to end (besides being a KI hater or W101 hater)? And I don't understand how you got to me talking about the game finale, when all I'm trying to convey is a possible reason on why Empyrea may be the next world as opposed to Polaris or Darkmoor.

How are Aquila and Empyrea the same thing!? Where are you getting this from anyway!? If anything, you might as well call Dragonspyre close to Aquila as they both greek influences (though Aquila is classical greek inspired) That aside, there is nothing even remotely similar to the worlds. Aquila is based on Greek Mythology with eagle twists as Aquila is the name for the Eagle Constellation. It also made an appearance in Pirate101, so I think we're done with Aquila for now. Empyrea is a sky world. I already explained in the begining how it is what in might be. Emyprea in no way, tells anything portaining greek myth. It's a world of the skies; of celestial powers. Aquila barely touches that. I will assure you, you won't see much similarity between the worlds if Empyrea ever gets to

I'm sorry if I came out strong to you, but it frustrates me when people disregard the whole point, take only one snibbit, and then think the entire post is centered around that tiny piece. NO. My post is simply saying how I think Empyrea is coming next and how it would fit into the story to end the 2nd Arc. Anything portaining to an end of the game was barely even mentioned, so I'm afraid you've frustrated me a little on how you draw that conclusion.

Explorer
Mar 10, 2010
Ok guys. Well, this new world idea is a very well though out, interesting, and great topic. This is not even close to Aquila. This is a world of the heavens, clouds, skies. And it would make sense that they would have religious beliefs. Mooshu was strongly religious, so it would make sense to make a Christianity based world. They would probably change the name so they don't persuade children's religious opinion, like in Mooshu.

Not to be rude, but how exactly is Dragonspyre Greek inspired? I really don't see it.

I am hoping for the world of Mirage, mentioned in Wysteria. It is an Arabic themed world, based on Nalia Dunestrider's close and accent. This could make a very powerful place, because it is the clashing area of 3 of the most common religions: Judaism, Christianity, and Muslim. Taking the power from all of these religions, Morganthe could possibly rule the spiral.

This can connect because, she needs a new helper, and one of the major religious groups could hold secrets and power that she wants to rule the spiral. She is probably dumb and will go to a religious area to help end the spiral. Mirage would make sense to a name because we all know what a mirage is. For those who do not, it is an image of water or other things/people reflecting off the ground created be heatwaves. So, this desert themed world would make sense. I really do not know if this will be the next world. I WANT to see this world.

Amber Rainbowstone - - level 64

Sierra Hex - - level 33

Historian
May 06, 2009
bunnyukti on Aug 2, 2013 wrote:
Ok guys. Well, this new world idea is a very well though out, interesting, and great topic. This is not even close to Aquila. This is a world of the heavens, clouds, skies. And it would make sense that they would have religious beliefs. Mooshu was strongly religious, so it would make sense to make a Christianity based world. They would probably change the name so they don't persuade children's religious opinion, like in Mooshu.

Not to be rude, but how exactly is Dragonspyre Greek inspired? I really don't see it.

I am hoping for the world of Mirage, mentioned in Wysteria. It is an Arabic themed world, based on Nalia Dunestrider's close and accent. This could make a very powerful place, because it is the clashing area of 3 of the most common religions: Judaism, Christianity, and Muslim. Taking the power from all of these religions, Morganthe could possibly rule the spiral.

This can connect because, she needs a new helper, and one of the major religious groups could hold secrets and power that she wants to rule the spiral. She is probably dumb and will go to a religious area to help end the spiral. Mirage would make sense to a name because we all know what a mirage is. For those who do not, it is an image of water or other things/people reflecting off the ground created be heatwaves. So, this desert themed world would make sense. I really do not know if this will be the next world. I WANT to see this world.

Amber Rainbowstone - - level 64

Sierra Hex - - level 33
Dragonspyre is Greek Inspired as:

1.) It is themed after the volcanic eruption of Mount Vesuvius on Pompeii, which was a city-state in Greece
2.) Dragonspyre has more Byzantine architecture influences but the Byzantine Empire was strongly influenced from the Greeks. For example, look closely on any of the buildings in Dragonspyre, most importantly, the columns. I did some research, and the design is very close to Greek column designs (In Greek architecture, it was very popular to use columns).
3.) You can fight Cyclopes and Minotaurs in Dragonspyre, yes? It was the Greeks who first brought about these creatures.
4.) Believe it or not, Aquila has some ruined areas about it (and I'm refering to Aquila as a whole; included both Wizard101 and Pirate101). As does Dragonspyre. The Greeks fell under many devastating wars between their city-states that caused the destruction of their cities. Also, their positioning in the world, gave way for many horrible natural desasters. Both Aquila and Dragonspyre use many war themes of several Greek stories (though Dragonspyre's seem more KI-original)
5.) Dragonspyre in the past, had an environment very similar to Aquila's
6.) Byzantine architecture (and some of Greek architecture) is known for placing many "rings" within the city, as in areas would be seperated by walls. All of Dragonspyre is based on the concept of different layers or "rings" for each of it's areas. If we look at the Acropolis home, it has a similar style. There are 4 layers of areas that work their way gown with dirt ramps.
This is how I say, Dragonspyre could be anything close to Aquila (but it's obviously not).

I would love to see Mirage come out (I've waited for it since the release of the Mega Bundle). I don't think Mirage will have anything strong in religious groups or any of that. I think it will pull more from the Arabian Nights or the 1001 Nights stories will Aladin, Alibaba, etc. There could be some loosely place religious presence like what was done with MooShu, Aquila, Marleybone, and Monquista, but I don't think it will be the major focus. I don't know how strong Arabian themes are with celestial powers for this arc, so as much as I would LOVE to see it, it may not completely fit with the story. However, if Mirage isn't the last world for the 2nd Chapter, then I can totally see it for the 3rd Arc or a lovely side world.

Explorer
Jan 12, 2012
To Finnigan and Bunny, I always saw Dragonspyre as a Rome-themed world. It's a fallen empire, and it was military-based.
Hunter Spellstone lvl 40 Master

Historian
May 06, 2009
Krokenguy on Aug 5, 2013 wrote:
To Finnigan and Bunny, I always saw Dragonspyre as a Rome-themed world. It's a fallen empire, and it was military-based.
Hunter Spellstone lvl 40 Master
Rome did take some inspiration from the greeks, so i can see and accept that

Defender
Sep 29, 2008
the funny thing about morganthes so called prophecy is it may not all be about her there were times when we used horns and broke mirrors too she could be telling the prophecy about us for all we know since the prophecy is codded its any ones guess as to who it could be about just like with harry potter voldemort didn't know which baby was the one so he attacked both harry and nevil's familys since they were both born on the same day.

Survivor
Feb 02, 2010
I don't think they will make a world like that, but good idea. Lets start thinking about the spiral for a second. Wizard City is all schools, Krokotopia is Balance, Marleybone ?, Mooshu is Life, Dragonspyre is FIRE (I don't think they will make another fire world.) Celestia is Star and Moon, Avalon ?, Azteca ?, and Grizzleheim seems like Ice.

Delver
Dec 18, 2009
Very nice. I see you have done your research.

Mastermind
Feb 06, 2010
I must congratulate anyone who has done that much research on wizard101! Nice work!

Defender
Jul 02, 2009
I see you've done a whole lot of research finnigan. Very nice. Empyrea sounds like imperial. Like a nation suffering from a dictator or a country that has much influence. It might be sky themed. But maybe not. It might though. But it might not. I just totally confused myself. But yes. Empyrea as the level 100 world would be cool. Whatever it looked like. If it were to end the second arc of the game, it would be a very grand finale indeed! Since most of the worlds of wizard 101 are themed after a certain country, what country would Empyrea be based off of? Mirage seems obvious. So does Polaris. I mean, Polaris is the name of the North Star, correct? Just about all of the worlds have a name that relates to the theme of that world.
For example, Marleybone is a world ruled by dogs. Bone is in the name. And dogs for some reason like bones. And it's themed after old England stuff. And I might be extremely wrong, but wasn't there some guy in a story called Marleybone? And it was in England I think? Hmm. I like this new world idea. It is very awesome my friend. Most awesome.