Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

The opposite of balance, the dread school!

AuthorMessage
Defender
Jul 02, 2009
A new idea. The dread school! It's the opposite of balance, and trainable for anyone level 42 and up. The dread school spells focus on pure rage and reckless rampaging. It's like storm, but these spells have a penalty. The caster suffers a small amount of damage, to pay for the massive amount of it they hit their opponents with. For example, lets say a wizard uses a dread spell. It does 1500 damage. This is without any blades or traps. Then, the caster is hit with 100 damage. The wizard is exhausted from dealing out so much damage. There's not much balance in the dread schools battle tactics. Actually, there isn't even much of that. Dread school practitioners don't really plan out their reckless attacks, they just improvise as things go along. They bulldoze whatever gets in their way. Even if they are hurt in the process.
Dreadmancers are feared throughout the spiral, and known as berserkers in the lands of grizzleheim and zafaria. Berserkers work up a rage that makes them feel almost no pain during battle. Their goal in that rage is to defeat any who oppose them. They only feel their pain after the battle, when they are resting. Most dreadmancers use armor though, so they are well protected. I was thinking that the dread school could be like the astral schools. Optional. You could find a vendor of these dread spells in ravenwood. Anyone level 42 and higher can train them. But, even more dread spells came be trained in Avalon or grizzleheim.
The dread school emblem is two crossed swords. And the colors are crimson and violet. I'm not sure what the gemstone would be though. And a way to avoid the dread spells penalty could be a dread shield. It protects the caster against 80% of the damage the wizard would suffer. And their could be a dread blade, and a trap, and a balance and dread prism.

Survivor
Jul 03, 2010
Balance is named for a reason. It's BALANCED. It has no weaknesses or strengths. Making a school that would be opposite to balance would defy the laws of physics.

Explorer
Dec 24, 2008
Wizard101 really doesn't need another school. They would have to program it into the game and everything and it would take a long time, blah blah blah, I'm sure you get the picture.

Erica ShadowRunner lvl 90 Balance~ over and out

Mastermind
Jun 02, 2013
Well Balance is Balance, so if Dread was created Dread would be incorporated into Balance because it is Balancing everything, taking much from other schools. Also, that's way overpowered. My Fire spell, Immolate does 200 damage to myself, and 600 damage to a target. Your idea is like that, but way overpowered. You could put on a shield and take 2 damage, while another gets pounded with 4000. It is both Impossible and Overpowered.

Explorer
Mar 23, 2013
NO!! There should never be a rival school for balance! balance isn't exactly a particular school, even though there are spells that do balance damage. It is pretty much fire, ice, and storm magic brought together into harmony! Giving us a rival school would be disaster!!

Nora LionThorn

"If all sand comes from rock, it must be a pretty power rock!"

Defender
Jul 02, 2009
If you guys are saying that it would be overpowered for pvp, I understand. It could just be banned from pvp. And it could just be a side school, never to be an actual school all the way. If you guys don't like the balance opposite idea, I just thought it would be a good way to give balance wizards a way to get an edge on other balance creatures in pve. It's fine if nobody likes my idea. I've had plenty of plans turned down before. I'm used to it.

Armiger
Feb 25, 2009
Balance has no opposite since it is of all schools. We don't need another school.

If I were to ask for anything for our classrooms, it would be to have the 7th school on all of my accounts.

Mastermind
Feb 06, 2010
Umm if you know death spells, your just expanding spells like dark pact and bad juju. Plus Death is about dread and balance is all of the schools combined making it unique. All spells need uniqueness and you just tore off a lot of balance's uniqueness and specialty. Plus immolate is what you are also expanding on. SOrry if this hurt your feelings in any way.
Critical Death P.S. Death has dread, dread is a feeling after someone dies so another version of death is what you are making.

Defender
Jul 02, 2009
It was just an IDEA. I didn't add anything to the real game. So yeah.