Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Pvp Puppets

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Feb 18, 2013
Okay I was in a 3v3 with my friends and we were under lvl 30 commander/warlord. When we were in teh duel, some friends came and they checked the lvls for the opponents. They said that they were "puppets". The people on the opposite team were around lvl 20s and 30s. But there was a lvl 82 on the other team. We were doing fine the first 3 rounds planning what attacks we were going to do but on the next round the lvl 82 did a critical on an enchanted snow angel and we all died. Once the match was over, I checked the lvls of the other team and it was true they were puppets and everyone thought it was unfair besides the other team. I was wondering if this was fair or not because when I 4v4/3v3, we always get puppets.

Illuminator
Feb 24, 2009
Sounds odd to me - I thought they fixed puppeting... Odd... Just use rebirth TCs I guess.

Geographer
Nov 26, 2011
Sigh...puppets, still not fixed. Yes, its annoying, and I don't know what to say other than I'm sorry that you lost to them because of a unfair match. The only way to truly fix puppets is place a level cap for team PvP, like a 15 level difference cap.

Geographer
Aug 28, 2010
katty2154 on Jul 24, 2013 wrote:
Okay I was in a 3v3 with my friends and we were under lvl 30 commander/warlord. When we were in teh duel, some friends came and they checked the lvls for the opponents. They said that they were "puppets". The people on the opposite team were around lvl 20s and 30s. But there was a lvl 82 on the other team. We were doing fine the first 3 rounds planning what attacks we were going to do but on the next round the lvl 82 did a critical on an enchanted snow angel and we all died. Once the match was over, I checked the lvls of the other team and it was true they were puppets and everyone thought it was unfair besides the other team. I was wondering if this was fair or not because when I 4v4/3v3, we always get puppets.
katty2154,

The way I understood the Puppet fix, that it was not a total fix, but just an improvement.
I'm not sure of where the posting was done, but they showed how they believed the fix
was done, and it was clear that puppets could still occur. The extreme puppets should
have been fixed, but puppets are still in pvp, and it doesn't look like they will be removed
or fixed in the near future.

Survivor
Mar 16, 2011
Yes, people are always going to try to win in pvp off of some unfair advantage and you are inevitably going to end up with a mismatch...

Simplest Solution: be the highest level and have the best gear