Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

What's wrong with the Death and Myth enemies?

AuthorMessage
Defender
May 29, 2013
I've fought many challenging enemies from every school. That is, except Death and Myth. The Myth enemies made me completely doubt that type. The only reason this isn't the same with Death is that my cousin made a Death girl and she can probably rip me apart now (we only fought each other once on lvl 10 and she still won). I've never really seen Myth as a strong school because it doesn't have many attacks. It probably is, but I've been disappointed so far. I'm making a Myth wizard so I can see if it's really as strong as I think.
Back on subject, The enemies give these schools a bad name. For starters, Death enemies don't use Life shields. Secondly, they constantly send in that disappointment that is Dark Fairy, and not using attacks like Skeletal Pirate, or at least Vampire. I know KI has to keep the game from being too hard for the youngest players, but come on. The Myth enemies are so disappointing is sad. Like I said, Myth doesn't have many attacks, but this is just.........neh. The Myth enemies are so easy. Why? I've seen some good Myth Wizards and some good enemies in the other schools, so why not Myth? I'm in DragonSpyre right not, so I hope for some challenge in the Myth school later on. Why? Just..........why? They don't seem to use Minotaur or Orthrus. They do use the frog, which I do give them credit for, but that's really all. I don't want this to seem like a rant, but they give those schools a bad name.

Survivor
Feb 19, 2013
kylesar1 on Jul 22, 2013 wrote:
I've fought many challenging enemies from every school. That is, except Death and Myth. The Myth enemies made me completely doubt that type. The only reason this isn't the same with Death is that my cousin made a Death girl and she can probably rip me apart now (we only fought each other once on lvl 10 and she still won). I've never really seen Myth as a strong school because it doesn't have many attacks. It probably is, but I've been disappointed so far. I'm making a Myth wizard so I can see if it's really as strong as I think.
Back on subject, The enemies give these schools a bad name. For starters, Death enemies don't use Life shields. Secondly, they constantly send in that disappointment that is Dark Fairy, and not using attacks like Skeletal Pirate, or at least Vampire. I know KI has to keep the game from being too hard for the youngest players, but come on. The Myth enemies are so disappointing is sad. Like I said, Myth doesn't have many attacks, but this is just.........neh. The Myth enemies are so easy. Why? I've seen some good Myth Wizards and some good enemies in the other schools, so why not Myth? I'm in DragonSpyre right not, so I hope for some challenge in the Myth school later on. Why? Just..........why? They don't seem to use Minotaur or Orthrus. They do use the frog, which I do give them credit for, but that's really all. I don't want this to seem like a rant, but they give those schools a bad name.
Hmm...

Katie Duskleaf Level 28

Armiger
Feb 25, 2009
How far have you progressed in the game? Death will use that Dark Fairy to break any Death or Tower shield you may have up so the next one can hit you full force. Death in general has very rarely ever used a shield.

There will be a day you will wish they did not have Minotaur or Orthrus to hit you with along with some much stronger spells. They like frog, because if there are 2 or more Myth enemies in your battle, there is a good chance you will be hit with it at least every other round while one of them builds pips for a spell that can do damage and stun you for up to 2 rounds.

You will be getting some challenge from both soon enough. Just enjoy your game.

Don't underestimate death or myth. They are both strong schools especially in PvE.

No, neither of these schools have a bad name. I have wizards in all schools between 2 accounts. Each one is unique in their own way and a different playing style. YOu just have

Historian
May 06, 2009
In the early parts of the game (primarily 1st Arc), every school really isn't very powerful. Yes, they all have their own way of operating, but overall nothing different.

Myth is not a offensive attacking school. They have some of the most deadliest single hit spells you will ever see in this game, but they aren't aggresive with it as those kinds of spells are Rank 7-10. What makes Myth a real challenge is that they are the masters of Stunning. This keeps Wizard's from attacking during a round. If you've seen anything from the posts in Azteca, many Players have said that Myth are chain stunners. They can stun after stun after stun after stun you until you can't attack for 5 rounds. Many of their spells has a stun side effect so they are very powerful with stuns. And so within those rounds you're stunned in, they can attack you crazily with damage. This can't really happen, but you will see a ton of stunning from Myth, making them quite annoying.

Death later one, get to a more powerful. Death has a lot of buffs and debuffs. They can weaken your spells damage and your heals. So you can save up for what ever spell you want, they can make a heal weaker, or lower that damage enough to just barely survive. Which is all they need. With their steals, you can deal a lot of damage to them, and then they can simply steal it back. This is not as noticable in the lower worlds as they are pretty simple, but they do become much more powerful after Celestia.

Survivor
Jul 17, 2010
Since your in Ds most myth mobs don't have Orthrus and instead Minotaur. The myth mobs in Ds are challenging to some like my myth. My stubborness with normal prisms came out here. These mobs have pretty good myth resist so i just called a friend.Also, death mobs do use lfe shields i have seen it. The myth mobs get much harder in later worlds due to Earthquake and other spells. Myth enemies become a pain in Av and in Az due to chain stunning like medusa and basilisk. Brady Stormforge- Promethean Brady Mythforge- Legendary

Geographer
Nov 26, 2011
Are myth and death not challenging enough? Well, then, here is a way to make it challenging!
1. Use starter gear from tutorial
2. No pet
3. Only can use a level 10 deck with rank 1-4 spells ony.
Not challenging enough? No problem!
4. No treasure cards

5. No crowns items, henchmen, nothing with crowns.
6. Solo everything.
7. Limited to healing only once.
Still not challenging?
8. No healing, no shields.

9. Rest of above.
Maybe it will be challenging then.

Survivor
Sep 19, 2011
I am a lvl 87 myth wizard at the only reason they aren't using the higher spells is their rank I fight normal people in Azteca who use the 10 pip spells that I don't even have. so there is your reason.

Defender
Apr 22, 2012
Wait until Celestia... you may not think myth is so easy then, they LOVE to spam mintotaur and earth on me....................

Defender
May 29, 2013
Moonlighterz1000 on Jul 23, 2013 wrote:
Are myth and death not challenging enough? Well, then, here is a way to make it challenging!
1. Use starter gear from tutorial
2. No pet
3. Only can use a level 10 deck with rank 1-4 spells ony.
Not challenging enough? No problem!
4. No treasure cards

5. No crowns items, henchmen, nothing with crowns.
6. Solo everything.
7. Limited to healing only once.
Still not challenging?
8. No healing, no shields.

9. Rest of above.
Maybe it will be challenging then.
If you really have to do all that to make it seem challenging, it's not very hard. btw, I don't use crown items (except mounts) I do solo everything. I only heal and shield when I'm about to lose. I don't use tc. My pet only gives me Balance accuracy +2. All my spells are ranked 1-4 (I rarely use Power Nova). The only thing I do use out of all of them is my level 50 gear. I'm not going back to my noob gear

Mastermind
Mar 13, 2012
Hey? Have we all forgotten one important thing about myth? Two simple words; Earthquake. Spam.

Defender
May 29, 2013
DragonLady1818 on Jul 22, 2013 wrote:
How far have you progressed in the game? Death will use that Dark Fairy to break any Death or Tower shield you may have up so the next one can hit you full force. Death in general has very rarely ever used a shield.

There will be a day you will wish they did not have Minotaur or Orthrus to hit you with along with some much stronger spells. They like frog, because if there are 2 or more Myth enemies in your battle, there is a good chance you will be hit with it at least every other round while one of them builds pips for a spell that can do damage and stun you for up to 2 rounds.

You will be getting some challenge from both soon enough. Just enjoy your game.

Don't underestimate death or myth. They are both strong schools especially in PvE.

No, neither of these schools have a bad name. I have wizards in all schools between 2 accounts. Each one is unique in their own way and a different playing style. YOu just have
I have accounts on both of them too, but that doesn't mean the enemies doesn't make these schools seem garbage. The thing that brought me back to Myth is 3 things
1) I've seen many really great Myth players
2) Myth is probably the most strategic, which I like a nice challenge
3) Myth is about shield breaking, which is incredible in a team battle, which are the only types of fights i do in the arena

Armiger
Feb 25, 2009
kylesar1 on Jul 24, 2013 wrote:
I have accounts on both of them too, but that doesn't mean the enemies doesn't make these schools seem garbage. The thing that brought me back to Myth is 3 things
1) I've seen many really great Myth players
2) Myth is probably the most strategic, which I like a nice challenge
3) Myth is about shield breaking, which is incredible in a team battle, which are the only types of fights i do in the arena
I can promise you, the day will come when you will no longer thing the enemy makes them look like garbage. I can assure you they are not.

What happens in the PvP Arena and PvE are two different things. How a player plays in the Arena is also different. So don't base the Schools on what you see in the Arena.

Squire
Jul 04, 2012
Well my secondary school is myth and i hate it. I wish i could o back and make storm my secondary school.

Defender
May 29, 2013
DragonLady1818 on Jul 25, 2013 wrote:
I can promise you, the day will come when you will no longer thing the enemy makes them look like garbage. I can assure you they are not.

What happens in the PvP Arena and PvE are two different things. How a player plays in the Arena is also different. So don't base the Schools on what you see in the Arena.
Don't base it on what I see in the arena? What am I gonna base it on, then? The enemies aren't doing these schools justice. At least not now (in DragonSpyre). If I base it on the enemies, I would say these schools are straight garbage. I'm making a Myth guy (and progressing fast), so I can see for myself. I don't need to make a Death person since my cousin already has one. The only thing I CAN base it off of is players