Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Favorite Attack Animation

AuthorMessage
Defender
May 29, 2013
As I play through W101, I noticed just how awesome most of the attack animations are (In other words, what happens in the middle of the field when a spell is used). I've always been fascinated by the look of these attacks as it's executing. What are your favorite attack animations. Not attack itself, but the animation. Narrowing these down was no easy task, and I couldn't narrow it down to just one. I had to do 3 from each school. Tell me your favorites. Here are mine (In no particular order):

Balance: Locust Swarm, Power Nova, and Crusade (90 damage weak attack)
Storm: Kraken, Storm Bats, and Stormzilla
Ice: Blizzard, Evil Snowman, and Colossus
Fire: Fire Dragon, Meteor Shower, and Heck Hound
Life: Regeneration, Gnomes, and Spinysaur
Myth: Celestial Calendar, Minotaur, and Medusa
Death: Deer Knight, Avenging Fossil, and Scarecrow

Geographer
Nov 26, 2011
Old attack animation for Olympian bundle sword (not one we have now, it use to have a different animation.) Animation for the bow wands. As for spells, rain of fire, woolly mammoth, celestial calendar, medusa, tempest, fire dragon, tons more.

Survivor
May 21, 2013
kylesar1 on Jul 22, 2013 wrote:
As I play through W101, I noticed just how awesome most of the attack animations are (In other words, what happens in the middle of the field when a spell is used). I've always been fascinated by the look of these attacks as it's executing. What are your favorite attack animations. Not attack itself, but the animation. Narrowing these down was no easy task, and I couldn't narrow it down to just one. I had to do 3 from each school. Tell me your favorites. Here are mine (In no particular order):

deer knight,avenging fossil,wraith,skeletal pirate,skeletal dragon,dr von,ghoul,lord of winter,frost giant,blizzard,fire dragon,minotaur,othrus celestial calendar,sabertooth,ra,power nova,sirens,leviathan,frost demon,storm owl,storm beetle,forest lord,gnomes,lord of winter,satyr,and sun serpent i know i chose allot but those are all my favorites (Blaze moonmender promethean Blaze ravenmender level 62)

Mastermind
Oct 15, 2010
Why do you mean, "not the attack, but the animation"?

Defender
May 29, 2013
Pirates in the Sky on Jul 23, 2013 wrote:
I mean, some people will say "so and so attack is my favorite because of what it does" I don't care about what it does because I already know what it does

Geographer
Mar 12, 2013
Woolly Mammoth cracks me up.

"hey it's a snowman...no, wait..."

Squire
Jul 04, 2012
Myth: Celestial Calender
Life: Gnomes!
Balance: Judgement
Storm: Kraken
Fire: Firezilla
Ice: Frost Giant
Death: Fient (idkw)

Squire
Jul 28, 2011
Agreed with Crunkatog, but not my favorite.

Well something about Judgement is funny. How she appears and says something that sounds like "HELLO" and then taps the scale and gives damage

*appears*"HELLO" *gives damage*

lol

Survivor
May 02, 2009
Hmm...

Ra
Snow Angle
Skeletal Pirate
Helephant
Minotaur
Kraken

Survivor
Jul 23, 2012
I like Celestial Calendar and the mermaid one the most :)

Geographer
Mar 12, 2013
Any time a sprite casts a spell, it looks like they are doing Shoryuken, except it's sort of backwards - when Ryu does Shoryuken, the damage hits as he is jumping up. When sprites attack, they spin in the air but the spell isn't launched until they are coming back down again.

Whenever Belloq does a natural attack, it looks like he is winding up for a Hadoken and pulling the fireball out of his lapel pocket. But after that, the way he tosses at you no longer looks like the classic Hadoken.

The ravens in Ravenscar are extra cheeky - every spell they cast has them flicking it off their wingtips as though they are saying "Run along now, you're bothering me."

Water lurkers and other roundish fishmen (riverclaw guard, etc) roll up in a ball and hit you like a certain Amazon Basin fighting game hero. If there was a transformation for this monster type for storm, that gave all my wand attacks THAT animation, I would probably just direct deposit my paycheck to KI just so I could have it permanently.

Pretty much all the Polymorph Gobbler spell selections are an instant crack-up when you see them. Fish breath, food fight, digestive distress, etc.

Defender
Jul 02, 2009
Yes, It just makes you laugh out loud when a disturbing little goblin thing starts puking all over everybody. I love being sarcastic.

Mastermind
Jun 02, 2013
Fire: Heck Hound, Fire Dragon
Storm: Stormzilla, Trident
Ice: Wooly Mammoth, Wyvern
Myth: Celestial Calander, Minotaur
Death: Scarecrow, Dr. Von's Monster
Life: Centaur, Forest Lord
Balance: Judgement, Chimera

Survivor
Jan 03, 2013
kylesar1 on Jul 22, 2013 wrote:

How can Crusade be your favorite balance animation. Are there two different ones? The one I saw sucks.

Survivor
Jan 03, 2013
Pirates in the Sky on Jul 23, 2013 wrote:
He means how it looks like not the damage.

Defender
May 29, 2013
Mark Dragonstone68... on Jul 28, 2013 wrote:
How can Crusade be your favorite balance animation. Are there two different ones? The one I saw sucks.
I'm referring to the wand version
I just like it. That's all

Survivor
Jun 24, 2013
best animation goes to my Myth Orthrus! Bad dog is so great!!!

Mastermind
Mar 13, 2012
My top 3 favorite for each school;
- Sun Serpent, Fire Dragon, Heckhound (Aww, a cute little puppy! Boom )
-Power Nova, Judgement, Sabertooth
- Dr. Von's Monster, Skeltal Pirate (Something chu wow wa!), AF (Avenging Fossil.)
- Levithan, Sirens, Storm Owl.
- Forest Lord, Satyr (Poor Flowers XD) Spinysaur
- Celestial Calander. (GH, DS, ZF, and KT are the worlds ) Baslisk, and Orthrus (Makes me think ghost dog. My dog died ).
- Mammoth, Snow Angel, Lord Of Winter ... (I love the lvl 88 spells )
Alura Battleheart, lvl 90
Alura Rainheart, lvl 27
Brecken Storytalon, lvl 22
Savannah Darkbane, lvl 15
Rachel Dragonheart, lvl 11
Krestal Wintergrove, lvl 3

Defender
Jul 02, 2009
Geographer
Mar 12, 2013
Maybe he's actually saying "Keelhaul ya"?

The skeletal warriors and pirates are droll, muttering to themselves as they swash and buckle.