Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

I will not say GG anymore....

AuthorMessage
Geographer
Aug 28, 2010
In the first arc, I always said "GG" or Nicely played, or Great Match, at the end of every 1v1.
Even if Shatter was used on me, I always ended the match with GG and ported.
If it was a great match, I would offer a request to be friends.... that's also cool.

In the Second arc, I have just had enough of the huge number of Jade players.
In the last six matches, I have faced a Jade Noob, that had at least 70% resist.
I was second four of those matches, and let me tell you, the Jade, stack, shatter,
noob, has finally gotten to me.

Of my last ten matches, six of them have been against Jade Noobs, it is getting boring.
You can only defend so much, but soon or later, a Jade Noob will take you down.

I have always resisted from using Shatter, always felt that it was a cheap no skill spell.
I no longer feel that way, if I play a Jade, I will use shatter.... it's now become a necessary evil.

At the end of my match, I will no longer say GG anymore to a Jade.......
They don't deserve it, imo, at all, in any way, any shape or any manner.....
They made the decision to go the cheap route, and do not deserve my respect.

Geographer
Nov 26, 2011
Agreed completely. It takes no effort whatsoever to spam heal, shield and stall until a opponent flees. It is not earning your rank by skill, it is earning it by a cheap way that takes absolutely no effort.

Illuminator
Feb 24, 2009
As I said on the thread on central, where's the fun if the mobs/enemies/opponents can barely scratch you?

Delver
Jan 18, 2013
Why not be a jade wearing noob? According to you that is what I am. Yes I am a jade wearing trap stacker but am I really a noob? I take down everybody including other jade wearers.

You are a classic example of a sore loosing hater. It's your own fault you are not utilizing the tools that are available to everyone.

Defender
Sep 19, 2010
Veracity8 on Jul 21, 2013 wrote:
In the first arc, I always said "GG" or Nicely played, or Great Match, at the end of every 1v1.
Even if Shatter was used on me, I always ended the match with GG and ported.
If it was a great match, I would offer a request to be friends.... that's also cool.

In the Second arc, I have just had enough of the huge number of Jade players.
In the last six matches, I have faced a Jade Noob, that had at least 70% resist.
I was second four of those matches, and let me tell you, the Jade, stack, shatter,
noob, has finally gotten to me.

Of my last ten matches, six of them have been against Jade Noobs, it is getting boring.
You can only defend so much, but soon or later, a Jade Noob will take you down.

I have always resisted from using Shatter, always felt that it was a cheap no skill spell.
I no longer feel that way, if I play a Jade, I will use shatter.... it's now become a necessary evil.

At the end of my match, I will no longer say GG anymore to a Jade.......
They don't deserve it, imo, at all, in any way, any shape or any manner.....
They made the decision to go the cheap route, and do not deserve my respect.
Noob is a slang term for a novice or newcomer; someone inexperienced in a profession or activity.
I would strongly encourage you to look long and hard at that, because you need to learn what the term "Noob" means. Just clearing that before I chronologically go through your little hate speech you have here.

A lot of the times when I'm doing something else, I'll just leave my wizard101 character in the arena and click on anyone high leveled or High ranked. I'm both of these, but I like to see what type of gear sets other people use. Only about 1/5 of the people who I see waltzing on over to the Ranked PvP listings have Jade armor; of those, only about 1/2 have 70+ resistance. Of those, only a few are ranked at Commander or above. Jade armor is not very hard to get by at all, if you strategize even just a little, or if you try reading the message boards. It's not really all that hard to put up Doom and Gloom and hit a decent attack through whatever shields and resist they may have; and if you give them time to stack, your a lot more of a "novice or newcomer; someone inexperienced in a profession or activity." than they are. Also, when your fighting Jades, why are you defending? Jade is about defense, so whenever you fight one you need to focus on offense. If you're trying to shield stack with them, you'll lose. Stack traps as they are harder to take off, and blade if you can. Watch for a myth mastery, and if they don't have one then try a couple blades. If they don't take them off, trap up and kill them. I can fairly easily beat Jade armor users with Feint, Tower Shield, Potent Feint, treasure card Tower Shield, and then move into several Spirit Traps and Myth Traps. Multiple hits can work fairly well; sometimes I'll leave off the feints and just Fire Elf/Orthrus. Jades have to boost with MANY blades/traps before they can hit a respectable hit, and 40%+ resist is common for anyone above level 60. Shatter is not a cheap, no skill spell; It is a spell implemented by Kingsisle in an attempt to negate the abuse of shield stacking that has been sustained in PvP. Feeling that it is "cheap" and "a necessary evil" reflects more poorly upon you than upon your opponents.
Saying Good Game is a courtesy. I personally prefer not to say good game unless it was a good game. If it was a good, hard match for both of you then say good game. But judging by all your rant material, I would say its more likely that you say good game whenever you face off against a level 5 warlord. I assure you, whenever I fight someone who whines even half as much as you have (a lot) across all the threads of the PvP message board, I don't bother saying good game. I just leave, because your causing a negative impact to all those of the community who have to sit here and scroll past all of your Jade hate speeches. If you do not have the decency to simply say a common courtesy, or the courtesy to decently state what you thought of the match, your problem.

Mason ShadowwraithPromethean

Squire
Mar 07, 2011
"....and let me tell you, the Jade, stack, shatter, noob, has finally gotten to me..."

I couldn't agree with you more. It has made 1v1 PvP, which I enjoyed immensely in age 1, into an Ultra Tank Grind Fest that cannot be won. When a 14 pip Judgement with two blades, two different feints and and hex, only does 1,000 damage, something is terribly wrong. I'm sure someone with little to no PvP experience will chime in and say, "All you have to do is carry a pierce aura." LOL.

Add Guardian Spirit to the mix and you have a completely broken PvP system. 1v1 PvP has been my favorite activity to do online for a couple years and I'm frustrated that KI has broken it so badly. Now some matches can go two hours without your opponent even making a single attack. Yawn.

Whats hilarious and sad at the same time is that the PvP department thought that nerfing reshuffle to a treasure card was the evil gremlin in the PvP room. It's only made things worse.

My only option was to retire from high level PvP. Thanks for clearly voicing my opinion on this matter.

Geographer
Aug 28, 2010
1320Wraith on Jul 22, 2013 wrote:
Noob is a slang term for a novice or newcomer; someone inexperienced in a profession or activity.
I would strongly encourage you to look long and hard at that, because you need to learn what the term "Noob" means. Just clearing that before I chronologically go through your little hate speech you have here.

A lot of the times when I'm doing something else, I'll just leave my wizard101 character in the arena and click on anyone high leveled or High ranked. I'm both of these, but I like to see what type of gear sets other people use. Only about 1/5 of the people who I see waltzing on over to the Ranked PvP listings have Jade armor; of those, only about 1/2 have 70+ resistance. Of those, only a few are ranked at Commander or above. Jade armor is not very hard to get by at all, if you strategize even just a little, or if you try reading the message boards. It's not really all that hard to put up Doom and Gloom and hit a decent attack through whatever shields and resist they may have; and if you give them time to stack, your a lot more of a "novice or newcomer; someone inexperienced in a profession or activity." than they are. Also, when your fighting Jades, why are you defending? Jade is about defense, so whenever you fight one you need to focus on offense. If you're trying to shield stack with them, you'll lose. Stack traps as they are harder to take off, and blade if you can. Watch for a myth mastery, and if they don't have one then try a couple blades. If they don't take them off, trap up and kill them. I can fairly easily beat Jade armor users with Feint, Tower Shield, Potent Feint, treasure card Tower Shield, and then move into several Spirit Traps and Myth Traps. Multiple hits can work fairly well; sometimes I'll leave off the feints and just Fire Elf/Orthrus. Jades have to boost with MANY blades/traps before they can hit a respectable hit, and 40%+ resist is common for anyone above level 60. Shatter is not a cheap, no skill spell; It is a spell implemented by Kingsisle in an attempt to negate the abuse of shield stacking that has been sustained in PvP. Feeling that it is "cheap" and "a necessary evil" reflects more poorly upon you than upon your opponents.
Saying Good Game is a courtesy. I personally prefer not to say good game unless it was a good game. If it was a good, hard match for both of you then say good game. But judging by all your rant material, I would say its more likely that you say good game whenever you face off against a level 5 warlord. I assure you, whenever I fight someone who whines even half as much as you have (a lot) across all the threads of the PvP message board, I don't bother saying good game. I just leave, because your causing a negative impact to all those of the community who have to sit here and scroll past all of your Jade hate speeches. If you do not have the decency to simply say a common courtesy, or the courtesy to decently state what you thought of the match, your problem.

“Noob is a slang term for a novice or newcomer; someone inexperienced in a profession or activity.
I would strongly encourage you to look long and hard at that, because you need to learn what the term "Noob" means.”
Well, please allow me to reply…….
Noob as most words, can have more than one meaning, I guess you missed that. Noob, in my case means someone that has no skill and uses Jade because they don’t have the skill to win any other way. In your rush to post your “Hate speech reply” to me, I guess you missed that. Not very open minded of you, I must say….
So, let me see if I got this clear, I am not a decent person , I rant without understanding how to defeat a Jade, I can only beat a level 5 warlord, and I am having a negative impact on the community. The rest of your bragging of how you can beat a Jade passed by as useless information.
Please allow me to counter your bold statements, with a few facts of why we disagree.
The Jade I played against was sitting at 93% resist to Balance, which I was. I got the pleasant experience of going second, so I was blind to what was happening each round. The Jades health was sitting at or close to 4200, not abnormal for a Life player. It would take me a one hit kill of 390,600 to take him out. He had the Life Aura, which he used on a constant basis. Earth, which he also used on a random basis. Throwing out a Death Aura did absolutely no good. The match lasted for over an hour (about an hour and ten minutes) to be accurate. Dumping out dispels, weakness, shields, etc, that I had to counter.
My point, I feel that this is a problem in the game, and I am pointing it out.
You on the other hand, don’t want anyone to point out any problems, and posting to only agree with your thoughts. Sorry Dude, if I feel the game has an issue, I will post that issue, whether you like it or not.
Post your hate mail to someone else......

Geographer
Nov 26, 2011
Ghost stone on Jul 21, 2013 wrote:
Why not be a jade wearing noob? According to you that is what I am. Yes I am a jade wearing trap stacker but am I really a noob? I take down everybody including other jade wearers.

You are a classic example of a sore loosing hater. It's your own fault you are not utilizing the tools that are available to everyone.
First of all, a noob is someone who has no experience. And jade people just stall, trap stack, shatter, kill, end of game. And 70+ universal to all schools is not overpowered? It is, and he is just tired of facing people with overpowered gear. We complain because we want PvP to be fixed.

Defender
Sep 19, 2010
Veracity8 on Jul 22, 2013 wrote:
“Noob is a slang term for a novice or newcomer; someone inexperienced in a profession or activity.
I would strongly encourage you to look long and hard at that, because you need to learn what the term "Noob" means.”
Well, please allow me to reply…….
Noob as most words, can have more than one meaning, I guess you missed that. Noob, in my case means someone that has no skill and uses Jade because they don’t have the skill to win any other way. In your rush to post your “Hate speech reply” to me, I guess you missed that. Not very open minded of you, I must say….
So, let me see if I got this clear, I am not a decent person , I rant without understanding how to defeat a Jade, I can only beat a level 5 warlord, and I am having a negative impact on the community. The rest of your bragging of how you can beat a Jade passed by as useless information.
Please allow me to counter your bold statements, with a few facts of why we disagree.
The Jade I played against was sitting at 93% resist to Balance, which I was. I got the pleasant experience of going second, so I was blind to what was happening each round. The Jades health was sitting at or close to 4200, not abnormal for a Life player. It would take me a one hit kill of 390,600 to take him out. He had the Life Aura, which he used on a constant basis. Earth, which he also used on a random basis. Throwing out a Death Aura did absolutely no good. The match lasted for over an hour (about an hour and ten minutes) to be accurate. Dumping out dispels, weakness, shields, etc, that I had to counter.
My point, I feel that this is a problem in the game, and I am pointing it out.
You on the other hand, don’t want anyone to point out any problems, and posting to only agree with your thoughts. Sorry Dude, if I feel the game has an issue, I will post that issue, whether you like it or not.
Post your hate mail to someone else......
What your connotation behind the word is does not matter, because only the direct denotation is what it truly means. If you want to say that they have no skill, then just say they have no skill; noob implies they are a novice at something. I didn't call you a non decent person, I said you whine a lot. That's true, and can be proven true fairly easily by just looking at your posts. When I referred to the level 5 warlord, that was an implication that your version of a "good game" sounds like one where you win. It doesn't matter if you both had a long, hard, evenly matched fight, you just want an easy win. Removing Jade gear would be a fairly simple way to get those easy wins. I gave you a fairly simple strategy on how to beat a jade, if you want to ignore it as "useless information" and continue to lose against them, fine by me. I do admit that a high resistance to balance can be rather annoying, but you can get by that fairly easily by stacking traps with an occasional shield of the enemies school whenever they have blades or traps, and doing a double shatter hit (Or, as balance, single shatter might work fine since tower is about all that gets in your way). I think you added one additional 0 onto your one hit kill business, and its not that hard to get one in a million in pvp every once in a while. Just keep using auras until he runs out, I keep sanctuary, time of legend, darkwind, and doom and gloom ready personally (darkwind is mostly just for making them confused though). Earth can be annoying, but as long as you don't stack anything but traps, you shouldn't lose more than a shield or two. I don't have any problem with you posting what you feel are problems, but when you post it as a "They don't deserve it, at all, in any way shape or manner..." thread, that's being rude when you don't really need to be. Just read over your messages before you post them, and pretend your sending it out to your family. That can usually keep yourself from getting rude.

Champion
Jun 26, 2009
I have a question for all of you....

Do you think Kingsisle really has any intention on fixing PVP

I mean really. How many THOUSANDS of threads have there been dedicated to complaints about PVP over the years.

How many major fixes have been made

I suppose if it makes you feel good to come on here and vent so be it.

We'll just be reading a few thousand more rants.

Have a good day

Geographer
Aug 28, 2010
What your connotation behind the word is does not matter, because only the direct denotation is what it truly means. If you want to say that they have no skill, then just say they have no skill; noob implies they are a novice at something. I didn't call you a non decent person, I said you whine a lot. That's true, and can be proven true fairly easily by just looking at your posts. When I referred to the level 5 warlord, that was an implication that your version of a "good game" sounds like one where you win. It doesn't matter if you both had a long, hard, evenly matched fight, you just want an easy win. Removing Jade gear would be a fairly simple way to get those easy wins. I gave you a fairly simple strategy on how to beat a jade, if you want to ignore it as "useless information" and continue to lose against them, fine by me. I do admit that a high resistance to balance can be rather annoying, but you can get by that fairly easily by stacking traps with an occasional shield of the enemies school whenever they have blades or traps, and doing a double shatter hit (Or, as balance, single shatter might work fine since tower is about all that gets in your way). I think you added one additional 0 onto your one hit kill business, and its not that hard to get one in a million in pvp every once in a while. Just keep using auras until he runs out, I keep sanctuary, time of legend, darkwind, and doom and gloom ready personally (darkwind is mostly just for making them confused though). Earth can be annoying, but as long as you don't stack anything but traps, you shouldn't lose more than a shield or two. I don't have any problem with you posting what you feel are problems, but when you post it as a "They don't deserve it, at all, in any way shape or manner..." thread, that's being rude when you don't really need to be. Just read over your messages before you post them, and pretend your sending it out to your family. That can usually keep yourself from getting rude.
So multiple meaning to a word do not matter, what English teacher taught you, lol.

I don't whine, I point out an error in the game, plain and simple. Too bad your are unable to
understand the difference. You implications have serious flaws, please reread your posts, before
you post them.

I don't care for easy wins, I care about being unable to defeat someone from second with 93% resist.
I feel that this is a flaw in the game, and needs to be corrected. You on the other hand, don't
seem to understand that. You keep offering option, that are useless in real pvp, under the scenario
that I listed, plain and simple. You like to throw out situations that you can do against someone
with 60% or 65% resist, well it don't work against someone with 93% resist.

As I have stated, I see a Jade user as everyone else saw the Puppet teams. As far as I can tell,
there is no difference, please clearly show me the difference. If you cannot clearly show me the
difference, then "Please" stop posting useless information for me. See, just like a family member,
I said please to you..... are you happy now?

I stated how I felt, and was not rude to anyone directly, unlike you.

Next time you decide to reply to me, treat me like you would a family member, which I really hope
is not like the above post. Actually, I will make a point of not responding to any of your posts, as you
appear to be a very sensitive person that reads in, what is not really there.

Astrologist
Dec 16, 2009

I disagree with just about everything here. The most common jades are sitting at 70% and that is achievable with just a spell proof defy pet. As for the maintenance of a doom and gloom bubble: that is near impossible from second and highly unlikely from first. Unless you happen to have trained a death mastery, doom and gloom is a pip investment anywhere between 2-4 pips. A dedicated jade can change that bubble with a mere 2 pip investment(time of legend is common) or with life's natural bubble which is the same investment cost as an out of school doom. It only takes one turn of escaping doom to heal a jade back a significant percent of health back. As for taking down jades that requires multiple turns of stacking as you stated all of which can be fairly simply taken out by a shield. Shatter is an option but that is one of the most poorly implemented spells in the game. A spell that for a mere 3 pips takes out all of your opponents defenses while leaving all of your offenses intact? That screams overpowered. While the skill argument is neither here nor there it takes very little pvp knowledge, strategy or experience to pull off a OHKO shatter combo and that is a negative in my eyes. Shatter would be less of a problem if your opponent was given time to react or if there was a viable option to address trap stacking but alas there is not. As for jade, that falls victim to KI's exponential efficiency of resist as very clearly explained in this thread: Resist as an Overpowered stat at the higher lvls.

Eric StormbringerPromethean