Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Malistaire, Morganthe, and Sylvia

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Sep 12, 2009
Unless Morganthe is the aunt of Cyrus and Malistaire and they don't really talk to her that much.

Explorer
Sep 25, 2010
ok several things wrong. If cyrus is a descendent that means that malistaire must be too since as everyone knows, the two are brothers. How? How is it possible that they related. While it is possible yes, KI has never mentioned a thing about the drake parents. Come to think of it i would actually like to have a hint about the drake parents. Not both of them and their backgrounds just like the name of one. This would leave us guessing and guessing like this i find very super fun .

Scarlet Dragonpetal

Survivor
Sep 12, 2009
Morganthe could be like distant family to Cyrus and Malistaire which would explain why they don't know that much. Or they do and they are just playing dumb about it.

Explorer
Jan 12, 2012
To Bunny Science and Scarlet, I said Morganthe is the Drake's ancestor. They might not even know it. Or Cyrus is ashamed, and, as we know, Malistaire is in no condition to tell us if he knew.
Come to think of it, the name "Drake" seems to have roots in Dragonspyre, dosen't it?

Explorer
Mar 10, 2010
If "they" are Cyrus and the late Mallistiare, well, that I could see. Cyrus isn't always the most trustworthy teacher. Mallistaire, you know what happens, and he makes a dying confession i also think is fake. But not that it is because they are family. Simply because they were partners in crime. And I posted earlier that there are not much physical resemblance between these character. And does anyone know Morganthe's last name?

Amber Rainbowstone - - level 64

Sierra Hex - - level 33

Explorer
Sep 25, 2010
Bunny i have been asking the very same question since i first started to think up fan fictions between malistaire and morganthe. Although despite the fact that we are nearly done with the morganthe arc. KI has yet to tell us her last name! This gets annoying because it bugs me to death that i could treat this like a logic problem. Take what few clues you have and fill in what you know then make connections from there. In fact i actually made one just so i could wrap my head and around who is really doing what to who. Although i have yet to fill it in because the entire puzzle would be changed if i knew morganthe's last name. This may seem a bit overkill but i like doing puzzles and trying to wrap my head around problems. So this is actually fun for me.

Scarlet Dragonpetal

Survivor
Dec 12, 2009
I think that maybe Sylvia and morganthe are........(wait for it).......SISTERS! when Sylvia died, both morganthe and malistare were devastated and it brought the evil within them. how does this sound?
Brianna lifegiver lvl 50

Explorer
Mar 10, 2010
Understandable, hunter. But, Morganthe is originally from avalon, according to the storyline that she was Ambrose's apprentice. Yes, of course Drakes has roots from Dragonspyre. But Morganthe does not. So, it is very difficult for the drakes to be a descendent of Morganthe. And this is very fun Scarlet.

Sierra Hex - - level 33

Survivor
Jul 02, 2009
bunnyukti on Jul 17, 2013 wrote:
My second theory: Malistaire and Sylvia are very happy together. One day Mallistaire met Morganthe. The two death magic people were talking and Morganthe's more sinful mind manipulated Malistaire although not against his will. Morganthe described a diabolical plan to overrun the spiral. Malistaire's new evil inside of him took action. Morganthe decides that killing Sylvia would indeed be for the best, considering she is a powerful life wizard. She also opens up the fact that she, indeed, has feelings for Malistaire. Knowing this would scar him and bring out even more of the evil in him. Morganthe's motive for Sylvia's murder is that she loves malistaire and would help the plan work more smoothly.
As expected, Sylvia's struck her husband like a match would a candle. The fire burns his soul and every good thing in his heart. The duo of the two death powers started their elaborate plan to take over the spiral.
Not knowing that children would do something about this, Morganthe and Malistaire work in separate labs in separate worlds for this plan. The children took out Malistaire, knowing nothing of morganthe. Morganthe felt the same grief that malistaire felt when sylvia died. She introduced herself at the end of celestia and continues to avenge Malistaire's death.

I disagree with you, Scarlet that Morganthe is against Malistaire, but Malistaire is definitely not an innocent person. His dying confession was a cover-up of Morganthe's plans to protect her. And what i said about dating is morganthe has feelings for Malistaire not that they did or would have dated.

Amber Rainbowstone - - level 61

Sierra Hex - - level 33
I can see one flaw in your plan, even though it is very well thought out. Malistare couldn't have killed sylvia, because she died of a nasty cold

Malorn Ashthorn, level 72

Christopher SeaSword level 11

Explorer
Sep 28, 2010
Jason StormShield on Aug 7, 2013 wrote:
I can see one flaw in your plan, even though it is very well thought out. Malistare couldn't have killed sylvia, because she died of a nasty cold

He could have tricked everyone into thinking she had a cold! I don't think Mali killed Syl though.... I like Morgan being Mali's mother. Also the theory of Morgan having feelings for Mali is very interesting.

Mastermind
Jun 02, 2013
bunnyukti on Aug 2, 2013 wrote:
Don't get upset. We would like to hear your ideas, but not really like that silly. We want the logic from the game to support what you write. Keep on posting!

Sierra Hex - - level 33
I'm not upset, just having fun. I live to make others laugh.

Survivor
Jul 14, 2012
morganthe is trying to steal malistare from sylvia and trying to rule the spiral and that stuff she's a really bad person

Explorer
Mar 10, 2010
Jason StormShield on Aug 7, 2013 wrote:

Ok. The first and second theories are totally different, so in theory 2, Mallistaire did not kill Sylvia. Morganthe did. And, like what The Balance Master said, all killers have a cover up. So that was Mallistaire's. The deciding piece of evidence is if anybody was with the sick Sylvia. If so, then this physical murder is out of the question. Being a death professor, he could have sickened Sylvia, if you are going with theory 2.

Peanut Pixie: Your theory is new and i never heard it before . There are a few flaws in this plan, though. As noticed in Avalon, Morganthe is a LOT older than the Drakes. And the 2 share almost no physical resemblance. But yet i have a twin and we look nothing alike.

Amber Rainbowstone - - level 65

Sierra Hex - - level 33

Explorer
Sep 25, 2010
bunny what i got from that last thing that you said, which i didn't read very carefully, is that morganthe is a lie and she and the drakes are actually triplets? Not sure where exactly my brain came up with that but... I wish they would just tell us her full name.

Scarlet Dragonpetal

Explorer
Mar 10, 2010
Hi Scarlet! I didn't say that they were triplets. I meant that based on what someone else said, Morganthe is possibly (although highly unlikely) the Drakes sibling. Morganthe, if a sibling, would be a lot older than Cyrus and Mallistiare. And this would be so much easier if the last name came up...

So I don't believe that much in this theory. Sorry Jason!

Sierra Hex - - level 34

Explorer
Jun 11, 2009
I have a very interesting idea about Malistaire the Undying's deadness.
My idea is that Malistaire did not in fact die (I know this is farfetched but bear with me) and faked his death in Dragonspyre. While we were following Morganthe's path of destruction, Malistaire and Morganthe were creating an elaborate scheme to keep us convinced that he was still dead for some odd reason. The most important factors in this were a convincing sarcophagus and polymorph. The flaw in the polymorph is that he appears to be skinless bone (after less than a year, no less) yet has the same amount of impeccably braided hair and trimmed eyebrows. This would be illogical seeing as I do not believe that hair is rooted in the skull but in pores of skin. He also has stress lines on his forehead. Don't you need skin to be wrinkly?
Say Malistaire actually did come to his senses after getting it pwned into him. And maybe he knew that Morganthe had done something to him (like convince him to go stark raving looney) but wasn't quite sure what. His plan by 'serving' her was to gain access to her plans and information about past actions. He knew that he would eventually meet you again in battle, so he pretended to hate you using poor acting. What the heck is a 'wretched thing,' anyway? I think his speech on Xibalba sounds a bit orchestrated; not what I'm used to from him...
This is where it gets really stupid. If you and Malistaire meet again, it could be the time that he reveals his survival, motives and what he learned. It is before this that you (or after this that he) learn that Sylvia was directly or indirectly killed by Morganthe. This could either help or hurt Malistaire's resolve once he learns this. What I'm trying to get at is that Malistaire should help you kill Morganthe. I think they did say in the producer's letter something about a mind-blowing twist...
I would say more, but I am out of letters. Some of this is made up by me. This theory sounds so pathetic that it isn't funny.

Explorer
Mar 10, 2010
not true arcane! He could have faked his death, but what about Sylvia? She was with him so, he was probably dead.

Sierra Hex - - level 33

Explorer
Jan 12, 2012
bunnyukti on Aug 7, 2013 wrote:
Understandable, hunter. But, Morganthe is originally from avalon, according to the storyline that she was Ambrose's apprentice. Yes, of course Drakes has roots from Dragonspyre. But Morganthe does not. So, it is very difficult for the drakes to be a descendent of Morganthe. And this is very fun Scarlet.

Sierra Hex - - level 33
Still, we don't know what all Morganthe did before trying to steal the Astral magic.

Survivor
Sep 12, 2009
Morganthe could have brought back Sylvia while Malistaire faked his death. Morganthe also could have given Sylvia the cold since there is a death spell called poison and Morganthe is death, right? And bringing back the idea of Morganthe being the older sister of Cyrus and Malistaire, if she truely is that much older then them than that would make the unmentioned parents really, really old.
Olivia level 36

Explorer
Jun 11, 2009
bunnyukti on Aug 14, 2013 wrote:
not true arcane! He could have faked his death, but what about Sylvia? She was with him so, he was probably dead.

Sierra Hex - - level 33
I'm trying to say that that was an illusion and that 1.) Sylvia was tricked into leaving him behind OR 2.) Sylvia participated in the illusion, knowing that she would either be leaving or pretending to OR 3.) Malistaire faked it all and Sylvia is still lingering.

It would also be cool if we could go back in time and see Malistaire when he was as young as Morganthe was when we saw her in Ghost Avalon.

Champion
Aug 20, 2010
I am about to put an end to this. I don't think Malistaire knew Morganthe and i don't think Malistaire killed the love of his life, whom he would kill for even if it means destroying everyone in his path including his boss Ambrose, no I don't think he did that. When Morganthe was a student she was the best and got straight a's all the time, but as headmaster Ambrose stated (" I am sorry Morganthe. You were once the best and the brightest. But you've dwelt in the shadows from too long" - actual quote) When we first saw Morganthe in celestia she said "I have crossed the seas of centuries to claim what is rightfully mine... You cannot keep celestia's magic away from me.."

In Xibalba, Malistaire the undying said "Wizard... I journeyed into darkness and returned, more powerful than ever." Clearly in Dragonspyre after he was defeated and joined sylvia, he went to seek morganthe the most powerful villian in the spiral, malistaire thought he was going to get his revenge with you but sadly he was thrown into the darkness of the spiral. Which brings me back in the plot to a screenshot I took in Ghost Avalon, "Once I copy these pages you won't be able to keep me from learning this 'Forbidden Knowledge.'" says morganthe.

So Morganthe's motive? She was the best student when she was learning under Merle Ambrose. she wanted more though... She didn't get what she wanted, despite thinking she gained their trust. You continue.