Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Maxing out your pet...

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Feb 17, 2013
I have a Forest Lord I have been training. I have all his attributes maxed out and I am 600/2000 on experience. My question, is it worth the time to continue to train my beloved Forest Lord to the end? Can I get some feedback, I have searched the boards and found no thread that answers my question.

Thank you fellow wizards!

Illuminator
Oct 22, 2011
You didn't mention what talents have manifested so far on your Forest Lord. That's one of the most important factors, including the stat numbers (strength, agility, will, etc).

Is your Forest Lord a first generation? Has it been hatched with others at all?

These are questions that need to be answered before answers or feedback can be given.

thanks!

Survivor
Feb 17, 2013
Great feedback, forgot to give those. My stats (str, will, power, etc.) are maxed, can't raise any higher. My talents are, life trap, mana boost, life shot, spritely. My pet is a first generation.

Thank you again for the feed back

Old Forest Lord

Survivor
Feb 17, 2013
Hmm, I guess the follow up post didn't make it. here is short and sweet

Stats: (str,will, power,etc) are as high as they can go
talensts: life trap, spritely, mana boost, life shot
1st generation

Survivor
Mar 06, 2010
Defender
Aug 26, 2011
Old Forest Lord on Jul 17, 2013 wrote:
Hmm, I guess the follow up post didn't make it. here is short and sweet

Stats: (str,will, power,etc) are as high as they can go
talensts: life trap, spritely, mana boost, life shot
1st generation
i am in a similar situation. i suggest you look at this: http://www.wizard101central.com/wiki/Pet:Forest_Lord see if you like another talent there, weigh the odds and decide or yourself.

Survivor
Feb 17, 2013
Cody.HawkBlade on Jul 17, 2013 wrote:
Is it hard maxing out your pet
Cody, it is taking a really long time to do it for me. I just started playing in February so I don't know as much as I should, see gardening for snacks tips. To train your pet takes 10 energy points, so you go through your energy fast. So yeah, you need patience to max out your pet.

Gabriel, do you get all the skills when you Max? I guess now that I am 700/2000 I might as well finish. Just curious.

Adherent
Jul 03, 2010
Old Forest Lord on Jul 16, 2013 wrote:
I have a Forest Lord I have been training. I have all his attributes maxed out and I am 600/2000 on experience. My question, is it worth the time to continue to train my beloved Forest Lord to the end? Can I get some feedback, I have searched the boards and found no thread that answers my question.

It seems the popular pets are "SPUD". Sadly our school pets can't come close in any of the ingredients accept for Spritely. I think it's Spritley, Spell Proof, Unicorn and DeathBlade? Most of the pets you need to get this off the ground on your own are crown ones. My only crown pet is a Fierce Hound from my bundle.

I only trained my Forest Lord to Adult - has Life Shield and Spritely I am in Azteca now and am considering training more to see if I could get Life Blade. I really don't know how or have the energy to chase down a SPUD pet so I keep my Forest Lord pet. As fun as it would be to actually have a great pet I settle with what I have and move on.

Getting the perfect pet can be very time consuming and very disappointing. I used to hatch and train but with many worthless pets running around my yard I gave up.

Mary StarGem

Defender
Aug 26, 2011
Old Forest Lord on Jul 17, 2013 wrote:
Cody, it is taking a really long time to do it for me. I just started playing in February so I don't know as much as I should, see gardening for snacks tips. To train your pet takes 10 energy points, so you go through your energy fast. So yeah, you need patience to max out your pet.

Gabriel, do you get all the skills when you Max? I guess now that I am 700/2000 I might as well finish. Just curious.

so, the way it works is: every pet has ten potential talents that it could get. every time you lvl your pet it chooses randomly a new talent. it is pretty simple but you will never have all ten potential talents (unless ki really changes something here.).

Armiger
Jan 11, 2012
Northlite on Jul 18, 2013 wrote:
It seems the popular pets are "SPUD". Sadly our school pets can't come close in any of the ingredients accept for Spritely. I think it's Spritley, Spell Proof, Unicorn and DeathBlade? Most of the pets you need to get this off the ground on your own are crown ones. My only crown pet is a Fierce Hound from my bundle.

I only trained my Forest Lord to Adult - has Life Shield and Spritely I am in Azteca now and am considering training more to see if I could get Life Blade. I really don't know how or have the energy to chase down a SPUD pet so I keep my Forest Lord pet. As fun as it would be to actually have a great pet I settle with what I have and move on.

Getting the perfect pet can be very time consuming and very disappointing. I used to hatch and train but with many worthless pets running around my yard I gave up.

Mary StarGem
I will admit that SPUD pets are awesome for PvP, but that's not everybody's cup of tea. My Scarecrow pet has Death Shield, Deathblade, Death Trap and Spritely and triggers quite often on each. It works VERY well for me in PvE, and I'm a death wizard

Survivor
May 07, 2013

I kind of have a similar situation, I have an ancient icebird and all its stats maxed out.
I think in training your pet you should think about the talents it has and try to get as many of the best as possible.

Dylan Watermancer

Best pets: Icebird- Ancient
Stegosaurus-Ancient
Fierce Hound- Adult ( i hope it learns spritely at ancient. ).

Illuminator
Oct 22, 2011
Great feedback, forgot to give those. My stats (str, will, power, etc.) are maxed, can't raise any higher. My talents are, life trap, mana boost, life shot, spritely. My pet is a first generation.

Thank you again for the feed back

Old Forest Lord
Honestly, since you have life trap, life shot, and spritely, I would not train it any higher. Save your snacks and if you have a friend with a great pet (spritely is a must have), then you might want to consider hatching with them for some better talents and maybe breed out the mana boost and other fairly useless talents.

Sounds like your Forest Lord is doing pretty good so far!

Since your Forest Lord is a first generation, it won't get spell proof, defy, or fairy. But, if you know people who have these talents, including spritely, it would work to your benefit to try and get these talents into your gene pool. The reason I asked about stat numbers, is because if you did have spell proof, defy, critical, block, or similar talents, the higher your stat number is, the more resist, critical, block, etc, you will get from your pet.

And, if you can, try to hatch with another Life pet, or a pet that has universal talents (not school specific talents). You certainly don't want your new pet manifest both Life and Fire talents (for example).

When and if you do hatch with someone, you do have a chance at getting another Forest Lord or the pet you hatched with. Getting another Forest Lord will not be guaranteed, so that's why I make sure I have plenty of gold to do more hatching if I didn't get what I want.

On each of my six wizards, I have a primary pet with universal talents: Proof, Defy, Sprite, Fairy, Pain Giver. I also have "backup" pets I can switch to in which some of the talents vary, including Unicorn, Sharp Shot, School specific damage boost, and other useful talents.

I hope this helps!

Defender
Aug 26, 2011
BrynnerOfReign on Jul 22, 2013 wrote:
Honestly, since you have life trap, life shot, and spritely, I would not train it any higher. Save your snacks and if you have a friend with a great pet (spritely is a must have), then you might want to consider hatching with them for some better talents and maybe breed out the mana boost and other fairly useless talents.

Sounds like your Forest Lord is doing pretty good so far!

Since your Forest Lord is a first generation, it won't get spell proof, defy, or fairy. But, if you know people who have these talents, including spritely, it would work to your benefit to try and get these talents into your gene pool. The reason I asked about stat numbers, is because if you did have spell proof, defy, critical, block, or similar talents, the higher your stat number is, the more resist, critical, block, etc, you will get from your pet.

And, if you can, try to hatch with another Life pet, or a pet that has universal talents (not school specific talents). You certainly don't want your new pet manifest both Life and Fire talents (for example).

When and if you do hatch with someone, you do have a chance at getting another Forest Lord or the pet you hatched with. Getting another Forest Lord will not be guaranteed, so that's why I make sure I have plenty of gold to do more hatching if I didn't get what I want.

On each of my six wizards, I have a primary pet with universal talents: Proof, Defy, Sprite, Fairy, Pain Giver. I also have "backup" pets I can switch to in which some of the talents vary, including Unicorn, Sharp Shot, School specific damage boost, and other useful talents.

I hope this helps!

first generation forest lord, all stat caps are the same:
www.wizard101central.com/wiki/Pet:Forest_Lord
so:
str:250
int:200
agi:215
wil:240
pow:200

Survivor
Nov 19, 2010
if i was you, i would be looking for someone with a really good stormzilla, and try for a cloudbeast. You might have to try a few times, but eventually you will get a great one.