Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

A Report Button Suggestion.

AuthorMessage
Geographer
Nov 26, 2011
The report button needs a update. People report people for reasons such as "cocoa pebbles" and "existing" for fun. So I think, there first needs to be a pop out warning you before reporting, that false reports are used against you. Then a list of ALL the reportable offenses show up and only the reportable offenses. And if you false report 5 times, you get muted for a week. If you do it 15 times, a month. 25 times, temp ban, or month mute and lose the ability to report people. Who agrees/disagrees?

Administrator
The Report window clearly states:

False accusations will NOT be tolerated, and could result in the suspension of YOUR account.

Please read this post about what happens when you get reported.
https://www.wizard101.com/forum/headmasters-announcements/i-got-reported-28843

If the report was falsely made, that is determined as well, and the player who made the false report is investigated as to whether or not they have made previous false reports. False reports are just as egregious as valid ones, and similar sanctions can be levied against repeat offenders of false reporting.

community@wizard101.com
Geographer
Mar 12, 2013
Perhaps reporting should follow a stricter template, i.e. use a menu to select the reportable offense.

Might include but not be limited to:

(O) Profanity or spamming
(O) Inappropriate or lewd comment in chat i.e. anything that violates the TOS of the game or the hosting company
(O) Violation of personal privacy and security
(O) Account fraud.

Radio-button style choices to avoid spamming all the offenses with every report. (Pick only one that best describes your complaint)

Also requires a screenshot you must host remotely - this additional step might weed out casual abusers of the report system who are rarely motivated enough or skilled enough to create a photobucket account and use it

Letting people pick from among pre-cooked options reduces spammy and bogus reporting. It reduces KI's workload by automatically rejecting report forms that didn't choose one of the acceptable radio button options or didn't provide screenshot evidence.

Explorer
Jan 29, 2013
Moonlighterz1000 on Jul 14, 2013 wrote:
The report button needs a update. People report people for reasons such as "cocoa pebbles" and "existing" for fun. So I think, there first needs to be a pop out warning you before reporting, that false reports are used against you. Then a list of ALL the reportable offenses show up and only the reportable offenses. And if you false report 5 times, you get muted for a week. If you do it 15 times, a month. 25 times, temp ban, or month mute and lose the ability to report people. Who agrees/disagrees?
Tell me about it I've been reported for not gifting people really gets me mad
lvl90
lvl67
lvl39