Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Updates to Diego's Decision Making Process

AuthorMessage
Administrator
As we get more information and data from Tournaments we are closely monitoring Diego's decisions when it comes to who wins and who doesn't win a judged match.

We will continue to make adjustments to Diego's decision making process so that his rulings are much more in line with the expected outcome of a match.

community@wizard101.com
Administrator
As we get more information and data from Tournaments we are closely monitoring Diego's decisions when it comes to who wins and who doesn't win a judged match.

We will continue to make adjustments to Diego's decision making process so that his rulings are much more in line with the expected outcome of a match but we need your feedback.

While many matches don't get to the stage where Diego has to intervene and call a winner, we'd like to ask those of you who do have a match judged to let us know when Diego seems to make a ruling that is really off the mark.

What we'll need from you if this happens:
  • The type of Tournament (1v1, 2v2 etc)
  • The date and time (guess if you're not sure) that the Tournament took place - if you have the name of the Tournament that's great!
  • The state of the players (ie team 1 had three defeated players, team 2 was at full health but team 1 won by decision)

Reply to this post (we'll be watching closely) with that information and please keep the thread on topic so we can be sure to get the information needed.

Thanks and see you in the Arena!

community@wizard101.com
Explorer
May 05, 2011
Many people in tourneys have experienced this problem when their time runs out, one time i was watching a match between an Ice and Fire; the Fire has less than 200 health, and the ice was almost up to full health. Time ran out; but Diego chose the LOSING person as the winner. This should be fixed, because he's just making the losing side win. His decision should be based on the color of their health, their pips, etc. Not based on the lower health. This creates problems between people because they are not getting the credit they rightfully deserve.

I hope to see a more fair Diego soon,

~Lvl 90 Conjurer~

Survivor
Sep 29, 2012
Darken Guardian on Jun 22, 2013 wrote:
Many people in tourneys have experienced this problem when their time runs out, one time i was watching a match between an Ice and Fire; the Fire has less than 200 health, and the ice was almost up to full health. Time ran out; but Diego chose the LOSING person as the winner. This should be fixed, because he's just making the losing side win. His decision should be based on the color of their health, their pips, etc. Not based on the lower health. This creates problems between people because they are not getting the credit they rightfully deserve.

I hope to see a more fair Diego soon,

~Lvl 90 Conjurer~
True... if tournaments were cartoon based, usually the loser wins for trying the hardest...
Maybe that's what they are trying to refer tournaments to diego that way.

Explorer
Nov 05, 2011
I'd love for this to be looked into please:

Talbot's Duel (1V1) on June 22nd 2013 took place starting at 2:30pm CST

Match #4 Calamity PixieShade (myth) Vs Kyle (balance) We both went in undefeated.

Time did run out on our duel and Kyle was declared the victor, which based on the information Diego was probably looking at was the correct call, but I believe other information should be considered.

What I would like considered was this: I (Calamity PixieShade) was going second in turn order. On the very last round of the match I cast a huge Basilisk spell. My opponent (Kyle) took 894 damage from just the first hit (I think there was one trap a minion had cast, and no shields). None of the Damage over time was assessed to his character and he was stunned. Kyle would have died (unless his pet healed) in two rounds with the damage that was pending and being stunned we would have be unable to do anything about it. If I had been going first instead of second at least one round of the damage over time would have hit him. I believe this one hit would have been enough to swing the decision in my favor even. (It was a very close match)

I believe the pending damage over time needs to be assessed when determining a victor. Otherwise it gives schools without damage over time spells a huge advantage because all of their damage is dealt in one shot.

Thanks for listening!

Calamity PixieShade, Level 90
1v1 Bronze Tournament Winner :P

Champion
Oct 30, 2011
I was watching a tournament in (i don't know the exact name) it was something like malorn ashthorn's duel, idk, on 6/23/13. I was going to battle the winner of the match, since i had defeated all of my opponents and they were the other top people in the tournament. One was ice, one was balance. The balance had used kraken, then feint, then triton to get the ice down to about 200 health. The time ran out. The balance was near full health. The ice was declared the winner by diego.

Survivor
Aug 19, 2012
Okay, I played in a 1v1 pvp tournament last night at 11:30 central time. I played a balance wizard and she got the decision. She literally just cast mana burn every time I got five pips, it never really hurt me. I had to heal once. She cast judgment (I think twice) hitting me for less than 1000 each time. I hit her with fully loaded orthrus multiple times, forcing her to heal multiple times, and even had her below 200 life before she healed fully. Diego gave the decision to her. completely unfair. I am level 90, so pretty much everyone I fight is in some combo of jade with resist 60 or over and even with blades i can't one shot kill in the timed match, especially if they spam mana burn and dispel, simply because of the time restrictions. Since neither of us are even going to get close to dying, is the strategy for diego to just spam low level spells over and over?

Explorer
Nov 05, 2011
I'm curious about tournament positions.

I was in a 1v1 tournament Baldur's Duel 3 June 28th approx 12:00pm starting.

I only lost one match and placed 4th overall. I "beat" the girl who finished in second place. (Diego called the match) and according to a person in the crowd he also beat her. How did she finish so far ahead of me? Going into the last match tied for first place, one loss shouldn't have knocked me down that far.

Thanks for listening,

Calamity Pixieshade, level 90

Survivor
Jul 08, 2009
There are so many things wrong with PVP tourney that I don't even know where to start.

First when you enter as a team for example in a 2x2 and something happens where your partner and they can't compete you should be given the option to opt out of that tourney and receive a credit. Each time this has happened to me I am stuck with a private who either flees or never finishes the tourney leaving me to duel against two players alone. This is just a waste of my crowns as I can never place well in this situation.

Second is Diego making decisions based on what criteria he is using. Last night I was on a 1x1 tourney and the second battle I was in I was the clear winner. My opponent never had a good hit on me the whole time and he had almost died before he healed two times. He healed at last minute and was declared the winner. There was no way he was going to beat me. The third battle I tested this and almost died several times, one time having about fifty health and all I did the whole battle was heal. Time ran out and they declared me the winner, let's be honest I don't think I would have won that duel at all and so he should have been declared the winner. Now I know what to do in the tourney just heal, I don't even need to attack to win.

The third and probably most annoying is the spectators. The opponent's bring in others to try and get you upset and off your game by insulting you, cursing, calling names and generally making the experience not at all enjoyable. You can ignore them sure, but then more come. They read your stats call out your attacks.

There are young kids playing this game and just want to PVP, this is something Wizards need to address asap to continue to call this game family friendly.

I recommend putting moderators in each tourney to jump around and make sure everyone is playing fair. They should have instant muting abilities to mute the ones who are insulting, cursing and just plain mean.

Survivor
Jul 28, 2009
Diego is not a fair way to go in tournaments because he always picks the person who is just getting killed I had a guy down to 95 health and I was at full and he didnt attack me once just let the time ran out and Diego chosed him how is that fair it's just turning out to be a waste of money you guys really need to fix this problem maybe having someone actually watch it and judge instead if havig a computer just decide and just waste your money