Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Soloing Advice plz

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Oct 02, 2010
My ice wizard is level 52 and i have found myself at a point of which i can't really move forward in the game by myself. I am stuck between doing either a dungeon in dragonspyre or a dungeon in Wintertusk.
My biggest problem is that i have no friends because i just started playing after a four month break, and i can't seem to find anyone else on the same quests.
Is it possible to solo the whole game as ice and i'm just doing something wrong? plz, advice,

Illuminator
Oct 22, 2011
At your point in the game, it's all about gear. Do you craft at all? If not, you might want to consider ranking up your crafting so you can get some of the best Ice gear in the game.

Ice below Level 56 is not easy. There is some decent L50 Ice gear in Wintertusk at the vendors that should help you. Once you hit Level 56 and have access to the crafting vendor in (Sudrilund?) the Ice gear there will make a huge difference!

It is possible to solo the game as an Ice wizard. It does take time and patience, with a bit more traps and blades than other schools to make it through, but once you get the hang of it and know what your strengths and weaknesses are, Ice is perfect for soloing.

I would recommend finishing Dragonspyre first. You're at a high enough level, that it should be relatively easy to finish. Be sure you are in busy realms, because that would give you a better chance to find someone that can help or are on the same quest/dungeon as you are.

Good luck!

Squire
Jul 28, 2011
Ice can solo well. All schools can solo (except for Azteca) if they try and know how to. I usually solo mob fights and low health bosses. Try following these steps:

1) Sheild
2) Blade, trap (while sheilding if needed)
3) attack
4) heal
5) repeat

Also in dungeons: always fill up your potions and place a mark. If you die, use a potion, and go straight to the mark

Good luck!

Angela Dragonstone

Defender
Sep 09, 2011
AntiMachine on Jun 20, 2013 wrote:
My ice wizard is level 52 and i have found myself at a point of which i can't really move forward in the game by myself. I am stuck between doing either a dungeon in dragonspyre or a dungeon in Wintertusk.
My biggest problem is that i have no friends because i just started playing after a four month break, and i can't seem to find anyone else on the same quests.
Is it possible to solo the whole game as ice and i'm just doing something wrong? plz, advice,
Hi there.

I would say every school can be the solo player in spiral but tricky part is that it takes time.
Ice wizards can live longer matches cause of resist that allows you to battle longer.
In my opinion is solo dungeon can be done but with planed fights and potions and tc's.

If you are not sure in your fighting skills buy some tc minions or find players to aid you.
In long expirience of battleing i would advice you to get most resist you can plus add
some block rate at least over 100 and put some heals, works also if you got critical for your
school or life school.

To be able to find team for dungeons is easy in this time of summer just change realms
you might get lucky.
I trully wish you best luck cause dungeons are tricky i mosly solo them but i will say
you need company it gets so much bored inside hehehe.

Michael BlueBright, Myth Conjurer, level 90, Techomancer

Let the force be with you

Hero
Jul 30, 2012
In addition to the excellent advice given above, I would recommend going to an easy world and practice all your various spells, even the ones you don't think you will ever use. Make sure you have a good understanding of what all your spells can do. Also confirm you have all the spells you can possibly get. Confirm this by checking the list of school spells on wizard101 central.

Most importantly make sure you adapt your battle strategies based on the enemies. If a scertain strategy doesn't work repeatedly, then change it. If you still are stuck then Google the troublesome boss to get ideas. Some of the bosses that cheat are much easier if you understand the cheat.

Happy Wizarding!

Geographer
Mar 12, 2013
Go to a crowded realm during the busy part of the day. Ask strangers near a dungeon or activity area if they want help. Even though it's you wanting the help, saying it this way makes it easier for you to find help.

Google the boss before you go into the dungeon, stack your deck and gear accordingly, mark your spot, and call for help if you need it and have a friend online.

Heal pre-emptively and a lot. If you're going second, look at enemy pips and decide based on the worst case scenario, what to do next. Get used to thinking two turns ahead!

Discard cards you know you won't use soon to shorten matches and get to your good spells and hits sooner. If you find you're almost always throwing away X, then you should probably remove X from your deck entirely.

Against street mobs, get someone to help out, if not, keep changing realms until you find other people or just start fighting and expect a slower progress. (If I'm stuck soloing a horrid defeat and collect, I'll often bring a stack of laundry to fold or some reading material from class to work on while I wait for spells to resolve.)

Delver
Oct 30, 2011
RottenHeart on Jun 21, 2013 wrote:
In addition to the excellent advice given above, I would recommend going to an easy world and practice all your various spells, even the ones you don't think you will ever use. Make sure you have a good understanding of what all your spells can do. Also confirm you have all the spells you can possibly get. Confirm this by checking the list of school spells on wizard101 central.

Most importantly make sure you adapt your battle strategies based on the enemies. If a scertain strategy doesn't work repeatedly, then change it. If you still are stuck then Google the troublesome boss to get ideas. Some of the bosses that cheat are much easier if you understand the cheat.

Happy Wizarding!
That is excellent advice and he should use it.Also while practicing spells be in a perfect realm so people do not disturb you.