Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

need help understanding a situation

AuthorMessage
Armiger
Jan 11, 2012
Just now, I was facing a Piscean Centurion and it cast Myth Imp on me. For those that know, it gives thye extra effects of dispelling both the next life and death spells. No problem there. I cast a death spell (because I had already chosen my card and didnt go that round) and of course the spell dispelled. What I'm unclear on is that it also cost me my pips to cast the spell. WHat I need clarification on, for my understanding is, isnt dispel the same as fizzle? The END result is the same even though the cause is different. I would have thought that even tho it didn't work, it shouldnt cost me the pips because the spell never happened. I know I have a different understand that some people do, this is why I'm asking for clarification rather than calling this a bug.

Squire
Mar 07, 2011
Dispels do indeed remove pips, which is one of the beauties of them.

So it's different than a fizzle. Fizzle uses mana but not your pips.

Squire
Jul 28, 2011
Dispel is not the same as fizzle. When you cast a spell that you will fizzle on because of a dispel, it also takes your pips away.

Explorer
Nov 29, 2012
If you get dispelled, it will take your pips. If you go first in a duel and get a dispel, the best option is to use a zero rank spell if it ever happens. You can't do much if you go second.

Geographer
Mar 12, 2013
Sometimes a pet will be able to break a dispel by spriting, but if you see a dispel coming you can pick a shield or 0 pip spell to waste on breaking it.

Dispel in your face as you cast your big hit = ANNOYING.

Archon
Feb 07, 2011
a dispel is a very-costly fizzle. you will lose your pips, and the spell disappears back into your deck

i have life (level 62) and death (level 90) wizards, and that spell made celestia a nightmare for both of them. they only ever cast that thing when i was ready to hit: i play with a very-small deck (only 6 cards or so), so that myth imp meant that i would lose all of my pips, THEN build up enough pips to Reshuffle and attack again.

i would rather the mobs cast earthquake and take all of my blades than cast that myth imp.

-v.

Archon
Oct 24, 2010
Regular fizzling takes your pips too. And yes, dispel will as well. Basically anytime a spell 'fizzles' the pips are lost no matter the reason for the fizzle.

Armiger
Jan 11, 2012
cps cole: yeah, if I see a dispel I'll use a wand attack or an extra blade (since it's a 0 pip)

crunkatog: I love it when that happens, tho it hasnt happened for me often with ym death. My fire's pet would do it more often

Squire
Mar 07, 2011
RavenLady777 on Jun 19, 2013 wrote:
Regular fizzling takes your pips too. And yes, dispel will as well. Basically anytime a spell 'fizzles' the pips are lost no matter the reason for the fizzle.
Ravenlady,

You are giving out incorrect information in these forums. Fizzling does not take away your pips. Dispels do. You also told someone in another thread that Balance is the only school that has more than one type of minion. How about Myth?

Are you doing this on purpose?

Survivor
May 19, 2012
I was under the impression that a fizzle will take MANA but not pips whereas a dispel will take both

Armiger
Jan 11, 2012
RavenLady777 on Jun 19, 2013 wrote:
I just fizzled and no, it didn't take my pips