Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Low Level Ports

AuthorMessage
Explorer
Oct 30, 2011
I have had problems with low levels porting to me while questing in Azteca, Avalon, Zafaria, Celestia and Dragonspyre. My friend where going to do a hard boss, and then a menu chat person ported to him. He messed with my friend's trap. Then one of the menu chat person's friends ported, and then his friend! Now it was my friend, a level 17, a level 10 and a level 5! They messed with his traps and destroyed everything!
Noob Power!! My friend won the battle, but the noobs messed a lot! It took a very long time for him
Please tell me what you think about this.

-WolfyJonathan

Survivor
Aug 28, 2010
A lot of people have problems with this, and i am one of them.
I found it extremely annoying when i was soloing jotun and a noob friend of mine ported to me. Ooops.
The only solution for this problem is to turn ports off or put hidden to friends on. Then, turn ports on when your friends ask.

It takes skill to beat a boss, but heart to be a wizard

Hero
Jul 30, 2012
Its unfortunate and frustrating.

If I'm just goofing around I will help unexpected porters and jumpers through battles. But if I'm seriously trying to trying to win a tough battle... they are on their own! Ya, grumpiness goes with my username.

Remember that some wizards that jump-in or port unexpectedly made an honest mistake. Many others are doing it on purpose. Entering a high level battle late is an easy low-risk method for getting loot.

Really the best thing you can do is teach them a lesson. Don't help them, say absolutely nothing, let them be defeated asap. Even menu-chats will get the message.

~ RottenHeart, Lvl 90

Adherent
Jul 03, 2010
This problem does seem to be chronic since Celestia came out and battles have become more difficult to handle. Every one seemed to step it up a notch and become more sensitive to those who ported in. Personally in CL I still had a few earlier friends that were not up to my level port in and I seemed to get though it with out removing them. Being Life and soloing it was difficult at times.

As the game has progressed it does seem to be more frustrating. I no longer have any friends left on my lists but I do have a person in our group who will not say no to any that ask so we regularly get interrupted by them porting in, by and large this is not a problem but now we are in Cenote AZ and the battle pads are shortened up to mostly 2 per area. Last night when a menu chat ported to her and then started to have others port to him I realized we were doomed to be flooded with them. They are not above marking the stop to return when ever they want also, they join on ends of battles and do not contribute to the fight at all.

Clearly I have had several lower level wizards but never with out invitation ported to a higher world.

Mastermind
Feb 29, 2012
I just had a lower level wizard (health~1700) hop into a mob fight in AZ and flee the first round.
Makes for fun times when you have two enemies about defeated to have another one at full health, especially since the reshuffle update you might be in a big heap of trouble.
Just how the game is though. Bigger deck and you have to expect the "pop in" at all times.

Squire
Jul 28, 2011
In some of the 2nd arc worlds if you port into a boss place (With dungeon circles) it adds 2 more henchmen. And sometimes people just port to ask a question, why can't they text chat. I have go to prevent porting when fighting....

Explorer
Jan 19, 2010
To eliminate this issue I don't add wizards that aren't near my level or I turn port off. Now if an open fight is happening and a wizard that's a very low level joins the fight I am in and starts to ruin my attack I flee and hope they learn the lesson.

Survivor
Apr 13, 2013
While facing the Jade Oni (final Mooshu boss) with a Level 90 Life, I saw that a Level 10 Wizard was there.
NO!! You WILL get defeated! Do not come here! It is chaos here in this case!!!!

Survivor
Apr 13, 2013
Chelseawhisper on Jun 12, 2013 wrote:
To eliminate this issue I don't add wizards that aren't near my level or I turn port off. Now if an open fight is happening and a wizard that's a very low level joins the fight I am in and starts to ruin my attack I flee and hope they learn the lesson.
Same...

Survivor
May 06, 2013
are you ? because when i started it was only so I don't know maybe you can be astral types before i joined.

-level 23

Survivor
Sep 10, 2010
allot of people have problems with it and i am one of them, since i was a member, it started from Celestia and up. last time i was in this tower in Avalon and my lvl twenty friend ported and more life enemies join or duel, that match took longer but we nearly survived. so i need a way to fix this prob. its very annoying!

i am now a lvl 82 wizard in Azteca.

Geographer
Nov 26, 2011
bren8403 on Jul 3, 2013 wrote:
are you ? because when i started it was only so I don't know maybe you can be astral types before i joined.

-level 23
You cannot. You can only train those spells with training points. And I usually don't have too much of a issue with that anymore, turn off ports and don't friend anyone with menu chat or anyone not near your level.
-Jasmine FireBlade, level 86 pyromancer.

Delver
Feb 25, 2013
My friend actually asks me to help him in Azteca. Most likely cause I was a big help to him in Avalon, but in Azteca I am useless. With my low 1400 health I get defeated within a few rounds. (By the way, this is obviously on my diviner, no way a level 6 could have that much health.) So it's not always their fault the low levels port in...

Destiny Windgem, level 47

Savannah Sandsong, level 6

Champion
Aug 20, 2010
WolfyJonathan on Jun 5, 2013 wrote:
I have had problems with low levels porting to me while questing in Azteca, Avalon, Zafaria, Celestia and Dragonspyre. My friend where going to do a hard boss, and then a menu chat person ported to him. He messed with my friend's trap. Then one of the menu chat person's friends ported, and then his friend! Now it was my friend, a level 17, a level 10 and a level 5! They messed with his traps and destroyed everything!
Noob Power!! My friend won the battle, but the noobs messed a lot! It took a very long time for him
Please tell me what you think about this.

-WolfyJonathan
Don't get me started if I start ranting I can't stop.

Survivor
Sep 10, 2008
i always remember to unfriend low lvls and never friend menu chats no matter what. i just think that blocking ports is annoying. i used to be a noob port though back when i was in krokotopia but i had open chat so people didn't mind as much.

Champion
Aug 20, 2010
Northlite on Jun 5, 2013 wrote:
This problem does seem to be chronic since Celestia came out and battles have become more difficult to handle. Every one seemed to step it up a notch and become more sensitive to those who ported in. Personally in CL I still had a few earlier friends that were not up to my level port in and I seemed to get though it with out removing them. Being Life and soloing it was difficult at times.

As the game has progressed it does seem to be more frustrating. I no longer have any friends left on my lists but I do have a person in our group who will not say no to any that ask so we regularly get interrupted by them porting in, by and large this is not a problem but now we are in Cenote AZ and the battle pads are shortened up to mostly 2 per area. Last night when a menu chat ported to her and then started to have others port to him I realized we were doomed to be flooded with them. They are not above marking the stop to return when ever they want also, they join on ends of battles and do not contribute to the fight at all.

Clearly I have had several lower level wizards but never with out invitation ported to a higher world.
You said, " they join on ends of battles and do not contribute to the fight at all." This is absolutely correct. These low levels don't know a thing about how people in Azteca handle bosses, I need all my blades and traps to just kill them.

A good story and example is, I was fighting an Azteca boss, kinda long ago, I put down all my traps then I get ready for blades. Then a LVL20 ports in and then cast a wand spell, THE SPELL THAT THE WAND GIVES! Then boom all my traps are gone, I then cast reshuffle and put them back, eventually. Then 2 other low lvls come in and you know. When I am almost done with blades 2 of them leave and 1 stays. I see in the spell window she wants to cast Kraken, with all my traps down. I say "please don't use my traps" she passes, next round she does it again, I say "please don't use my traps" then she does it again I say "Please don't use my traps" It keeps happening but then she uses them and I log off and let her die, harsh story but true.

Explorer
May 02, 2012
I have had problems with this also but i just let them stay i don't mind till they use my traps.

Defender
Apr 07, 2012