Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

What's your favorite/least favorite world?

AuthorMessage
Defender
Apr 08, 2009
My favorite world is Mooshu. The scenery there is very nice. It was a nice change from Marleybone.

My least favorite world is Marleybone. Getting pulled into battles repeatly was super annoying.

Defender
Jan 21, 2011
My favorite would be Celestia. The collection quests were unbearable and the storm minions, way overpowered with critical.

My favorite was probably Avalon. Avalon had a great storyline and I just loved the dungeons, even if they were difficult

Illuminator
May 22, 2009
My favorite world would be Mooshu. I loved the scenery and absolutely enjoyed all the dungeons there.

My least favorite is Marleybone. I thought it to be dark and dirty. I also could never figure out why the constables felt it was fine to send a young wizard to do their jobs.

Hannah Lifebringer Level 90 Life

Survivor
Jan 30, 2013
I hate, hate, hate, hate, hate Celestia!

But I love Zafaria.

Squire
Jul 28, 2011
My favorite world is KT. It was balance themed, and I loved the plot and manders!

My least favorite world is Azteca

Historian
Jul 18, 2010
My fave is between marleybone and Mooshu I also found marleybone quite lonely and dirty with lots of crimes committed but I didn't get pulled into battles often because I know how to walk my way Around the mobs easily. I liked doing the dungeons, except for the counterweights which were just boring towers. I like how marleybone is based on England too. I enjoy the story too . Mooshu is Bright sunny and full of beautiful scenery. I love all the Japanese based things such as ninjas and samooris (sry if I spell wrong) the onis were epic!!! I loved the ending too when you heal the emperor (spelling?)

I don't really have a least favorite but so far I'm not exactly enjoying celestia as much. Hard at first and difficult to get used to. Now we have to worry about critical and block stun resistance and even more healing. I like the scenery thou.

Survivor
Dec 20, 2010
I liked every world except Grizzlehiem and Marleybone.

Reasons i liked worlds.
Wizard City: The characters all the people that hang out there and most of all PVP!
Krokotopia: The plot based on Egypt's past.
Mooshu: I love everything to do with Chinese and Japanese culture, the scenery and the bosses are awesome to farm.
Dragonspyre: the plot
Celestia: The astral stuff and the underwater theme.
Zafaria: I haven't really quested there but from what i've seen its nice.
Aztecca: The dinosaur theme
Avalon: The medieval like theme.

Richard G.

Explorer
Jun 12, 2011
Dragonspyre is my favourite world. I love the story, dragons, crumbly old buildings, Russian accents... and Malistaire, of course.

Of my least-favourite worlds, the one hate most is Mooshu. It's so happy and cheery, and von doesn't do happy OR cheery... I'd rather go on a crafting spree than do all of that pointless running around. And the Cave of Solitude is only memorable in that it's memorably awful.

-

Von's favourite worlds, on a scale from one to horrible:

awesome sauce

Dragonspyre
Avalon
Krokotopia

middle of the pack

wintertusk
wysteria
wizard city

barely bearable

zafaria
marleybone
grizzleheim

kill with fire

azteca
celestia
mooshu

-

smirk,
-v.

Defender
Jun 22, 2011
TheAwesomeMyth on May 27, 2013 wrote:
My favorite would be Celestia. The collection quests were unbearable and the storm minions, way overpowered with critical.

My favorite was probably Avalon. Avalon had a great storyline and I just loved the dungeons, even if they were difficult
Uh... you said favorite for both?

Geographer
Mar 12, 2013
Agree mostly with von, cause there's very few things that will make me just stop playing and close w101:

--Dying after being pulled in a street fight when you're tired. Especially by own-school dorks when you don't have your prisms or gear set up properly. Marleybone, AZ, MS were absolutely the worst for this. Pretty much everything connected to Shoshun Village could die in a fire and I would never miss it.

--Oversized, meandering awful activity areas where you can't find stuff you need to do OR there are so many different types of mobs in most areas, you can't hope to get a pure population of one type for a defeat and collect. ZF and MB again totally awful for this. CL is borderline awful with stormriven and science center being the worst offenders.

--Random low-value minibosses whose areas are all no-teleport instances. The guys you have to defeat just to get a key so you can break into the main boss lair, or get information from so you can continue looking for bigger trouble to get into. AZ is horrible about this. Not only because of the sheer number of no-account minibosses, but also because each and every one of them is bloated and OP and you really want to have a friend help you out, but no, they can't port to you in there.

I like KT and AV - great atmosphere, cool storylines, interesting and neat bosses and areas. Music's nice as well. I also liked DS because of all the instances you could port into to help a buddy out - even Malistaire's Lair is portable up to a certain point. And a lot of level 48 spell quests send you to Labyrinth, so it's nice to be able to go in and hustle a friend through so he can get his spell.

Survivor
Feb 14, 2011
Ethan Silverbane on May 24, 2013 wrote:
My favorite world is Mooshu. The scenery there is very nice. It was a nice change from Marleybone.

My least favorite world is Marleybone. Getting pulled into battles repeatly was super annoying.

My favorite world is by far Avalon. I loved the knight theme and how well they weaved it into the story line.

My least favorite world is probably Zafaria just because it was predictable but I liked most things about it. (don't want to spoil why i thought it was predictable I'll let you figure it out if you haven't already.)

Ethan Marleybone was annoying at first but you just had to adjust and I know my avoidance skills improved quite a bit.

Wolf Legend

Delver
Oct 26, 2010
1. Mooshu, so beautiful, awesome enemies, awesome drops from the enemies, and it's a great step up from Marleybone...-shiver-

2. Celestia, love that world, that's where the annual mount championship is held!

3. Avalon, well I just had to pick a world, and I hate every other world, so I guess Avalon is my 3rd.

4. Wizard City, PvP, Bazaar

5. Krokotopia, Balance School, Niles

6. Dragonspyre, Malistaire

7. Azteca, dinosaurs

8. Marleybone...eww

Survivor
Mar 10, 2010
My favorite would have to be, Krokotopia. It has a nice theme, all egyptian and all the great stuff.

My least favorite was Celsetia. It was so annoying. I am currently in Zafaria and, it seems a lot easier than Celestia.

Lucas Trollpants Level 62

Survivor
Mar 07, 2010
I really liked Avalon. it was very refreshing a cool.

I really, really did not like Marleybone. It was really dark and dirty. I got pulled into battle countless times and I just really didn't like it. Destiny IceHeart

Explorer
Jun 04, 2011
My favorite world would have to be either Krokotopia or Mooshu. Krokotopia, because it was all very new to me, and starting off my membership was really fun and great. Mooshu, because it was a relief from the dark and dreariness of Marleybone (and a relief from the constant getting-dragged-into-battles-you-don't-want-to-be-in thing). My LEAST favorite world is (what a surprise) Marleybone. Although it was the second world in the Malistaire storyline, and I was excited coming into it, the constant dragging into battles and overall gloom did not appeal to me whatsoever. Also, the final Big Ben tower was extremely difficult for me, being weak in attack as a Thaumaturge, and needed plenty of aid doing.

Emmaline Iceshard
Lvl. 55 Grandmaster Thaumaturge

Survivor
Aug 09, 2011
My favorite is Celestia. I love the waterish idea and the bosses are really cool!

My LEAST favorite would be Krokotopia because I don't really like the Egyptian style and I think the gear looks kind of dumb.

Explorer
Mar 10, 2010
You know, this is a tough one. But I will list them in order.

Dragonspyre
Avalon
Mooshu
Krokotopia
Zafaria
Celestia
Wysteria
Wizard City
Marleybone
Wintertusk
Azteca
Grizzlehiem

Dragonspyre rocks because despite the undead cool dragon and lava theme is a world of spiritual and a beautiful past.

Nobody likes grizzlehiem because its just this land on the brink of survival and it is always freezing. Plus it is always at war with itself.

Amber Rainbowstone - level 61

Sierra Hex - level 33

Champion
Dec 03, 2012
My favorite world would be Avalon. It is so colorful and a challenge. (Not in it yet, but friend took me there)
2nd- Zafaria. I love the theme.
3rd- Azteca. Again love the theme. (Not In it yet but been there)
4th- Krokotopia. Manders are cute.
5th- Mooshu. Meh, just ok.
6th- Marleybone- sidewalks, gloomy, thumbs down to the music.
7th- Celestia. Hard, like music, hard, hard, hard.
8th- Dragonspyre. Do I have to say anything? Actually I am not allowed to speak of it.
Oops forgot grizzleheim. Smiley face says-

Geographer
Nov 26, 2011
Favorite world: DragonSpyre. I like it because its the last world of the Malistare arc.
Least favorite world: Azteca. Boss here, boss there. So difficult.....
-Jasmine FireBlade, level 86 pyromancer.

Survivor
Jul 01, 2013
Krokotopia is my most favorite because I'm absolutely crazy for Egyptian history and culture :P And it was a nice step up from wizard city.

My least favorite is marleybone, it's dark, gloomy, and just meh, while I like the theme and music of the place, the constant "Get-thrown-in-battles-when-I-want-to-heal" thing is REALLY ANNOYING. And I find a very sharp increase in difficulty with the place from krok which I Could easily breeze through. only to get too mooshu which I can again, easily breeze through. The world is made up of basically 90% dungeons and the areas look very similar, can't do much with rooftops in all honesty. But the dungeons were horrible, I would go in there, and nearly defeat the final boss, just to have my kraken fizzle at the WORST TIME and get killed cause both me and the boss were both at 100 something HP. And throw that event into every dungeon I Do in mb and you can tell I have a horrid time with the place

Historian
May 06, 2009
bunnyukti on Jul 2, 2013 wrote:
You know, this is a tough one. But I will list them in order.

Dragonspyre
Avalon
Mooshu
Krokotopia
Zafaria
Celestia
Wysteria
Wizard City
Marleybone
Wintertusk
Azteca
Grizzlehiem

Dragonspyre rocks because despite the undead cool dragon and lava theme is a world of spiritual and a beautiful past.

Nobody likes grizzlehiem because its just this land on the brink of survival and it is always freezing. Plus it is always at war with itself.

Amber Rainbowstone - level 61

Sierra Hex - level 33
You're so wrong about Grizzlehiem!

I happen love Grizzlehiem! Grizzlehiem and Wintertusk are my top favorite worlds over all! I love the music and graphics of the those worlds and found it such an interesting break away from Dragonspyre back. It also plays some very cool roles.

My other favorites are:

Azteca- I love the graphics and the story in this world! I like how they used Aztecs as a theme as you don't see it that much. I also thought they did an awesome job with music. I don't care what anyone says about Azteca. It's awesome!
Krokotopia- As I redo it on other players, I really like the characters and graphics. It's so lovely and interesting
Wysteria- I simply love the look and feel of the world. I also liked the experience of going to another school.
Marleybone- I like Marleybone because too many people dislike it and I don't want to be apart of that group. It's like the whipping boy of worlds and that's just not fair. I like Marleybone for it's advanced styles compared to Wizard City and Krokotopia. It also plays some strong roles for Krokotopia and Celestia (which are some of peoples favorites. Ironically, those same people hat this world). Plus at the end of the world, you get a big thank you from people there, which I think is sweet. Marleybone also looks wicked awesome in Pirarte101 and plays a very important role in their story.
Avalon- Again I liked the story and graphics and themes of this world.
Zafaria- My mom collects African art, so I thought it was really cool to theme a world after Africa. Plus I thought the whole world was awesome.

All other worlds are kinda in the middle for me.

My least favorite world is MooShu because KI overdid Asian styles which is MooShu's main theme. Also MooShu was too subtle in story to show that we needed to heal the Emporer and that we needed to get to Dragonspyre. The atmosphere was too bright and empty to me and it was rather quiet.

But overall, I think all worlds have their pros and cons, and had a ton of hard work put into them, which is mega epic awesome

Defender
Sep 09, 2012
I enjoyed Krokatopia and Wizard City but Mooshu was too long.
Emma Emeraldsword lvl 49

Geographer
Mar 12, 2013
AZ is awful, horrible, and makes me cranky.

WT - the streets are paved with gold, tons of awesome crafting recipes and gear drops and difficult-to-find reagents and the continuing generosity of Halfang. 'Nuff said.

Explorer
Mar 10, 2010
Cunning Finnigan S... on Jul 8, 2013 wrote:
You're so wrong about Grizzlehiem!

I happen love Grizzlehiem! Grizzlehiem and Wintertusk are my top favorite worlds over all! I love the music and graphics of the those worlds and found it such an interesting break away from Dragonspyre back. It also plays some very cool roles.

My other favorites are:

Azteca- I love the graphics and the story in this world! I like how they used Aztecs as a theme as you don't see it that much. I also thought they did an awesome job with music. I don't care what anyone says about Azteca. It's awesome!
Krokotopia- As I redo it on other players, I really like the characters and graphics. It's so lovely and interesting
Wysteria- I simply love the look and feel of the world. I also liked the experience of going to another school.
Marleybone- I like Marleybone because too many people dislike it and I don't want to be apart of that group. It's like the whipping boy of worlds and that's just not fair. I like Marleybone for it's advanced styles compared to Wizard City and Krokotopia. It also plays some strong roles for Krokotopia and Celestia (which are some of peoples favorites. Ironically, those same people hat this world). Plus at the end of the world, you get a big thank you from people there, which I think is sweet. Marleybone also looks wicked awesome in Pirarte101 and plays a very important role in their story.
Avalon- Again I liked the story and graphics and themes of this world.
Zafaria- My mom collects African art, so I thought it was really cool to theme a world after Africa. Plus I thought the whole world was awesome.

All other worlds are kinda in the middle for me.

My least favorite world is MooShu because KI overdid Asian styles which is MooShu's main theme. Also MooShu was too subtle in story to show that we needed to heal the Emporer and that we needed to get to Dragonspyre. The atmosphere was too bright and empty to me and it was rather quiet.

But overall, I think all worlds have their pros and cons, and had a ton of hard work put into them, which is mega epic awesome
I'm sorry. I just can't help but to disagree. The music of GH to me is annoying and unbearable. Nothing ever good happens there.

And to me it it isnt that Marleybone plays a big role in KT or CL. I think they take it over and destroy it. They steal precious artifacts and they basically make us take everything.

And mooshu is great. All the people of Mooshu are spiritual, religious, wise, and generous. They are asking for little and they give us many things like knowledge, and other artifacts. I being asian, i like the overall calmness and tranquility.

Azteca is a world of dinosaurs. I feel that dinosaurs are a bit childish. The music is not very good...

Avalon, i have to agree, is pretty awesome. The medieval theme is great and the new enemies to fight are cool.

And KI put a lot of effort into these worlds so i say thanks to all of them working there

Explorer
Jul 24, 2010
If i had to rank the worlds:
1 Zafaria
2 Avalon
3 Azteca
4 Wizard City
5 Grizzleheim
6 Krokotopia
7 Marleybone
8 Mooshu
9 DragonSpyre