Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Elemental vs Spiritual

AuthorMessage
Explorer
Mar 19, 2010
so which do you prefer? The elements: storm fire and ice or the spiritual (i believe thats what they're called) myth life and death? And if there was a 3v3 face off between them who would win?

I am more an elements guy because thats how i am.

And i think the pvp match would end up a 1v1 between the ice and death.

Adherent
Jul 03, 2010
I seem to relate better to my Spiritual wizards for some reason.

Mary

Champion
Feb 03, 2012
Zachary Thunderfla... on May 15, 2013 wrote:
so which do you prefer? The elements: storm fire and ice or the spiritual (i believe thats what they're called) myth life and death? And if there was a 3v3 face off between them who would win?

I'm currently a , however i'm much more supportive of the spirit schools. Also it can go either way, elemental is meant for the most powerful offensive skills and straight forward strategy. Spirit on the other hand uses strange combos and sytrategies for survival and defense as well as attack.

Explorer
Nov 17, 2012

probably the spiritual because life has resist kind of like ice now days and life loves spamming heals most of the time in 2v2 3v3 and 4v4 pvp. and myth could use earthquake to get rid of shields and blades and use shatter and death can use lots of infections and keep theirselves alive by using steal healths so the spiritual would probably win. (Blaze Moonmender promethean)

Mastermind
Mar 05, 2011

Good question Zac. I have the following characters so I am undecided.

Wolf Skullslinger Archmage
Wolf Deathhammer Archmage
Wolf Stormblood Transcended
Wolf Mythhammer Legendary (the best level title)
And plain Wolf initiate

You can see why I'm undecided right? (all of them hold PvP titles)

Survivor
May 07, 2013

you got it. i'd choose spiritual for many reasons that i can't put on here

from Baily Ironweaver lvl15student

Geographer
Mar 12, 2013
Can't decide, although if pressed I'd say spiritual cause death and myth have very powerful combat-altering tricks that put elementalists to shame. (Except maybe ice)

Edit: Also it seems that spiritists are more friendly, cooperative, and perceptive people to work with. Often when I'm teaming with another fire or storm they are working at cross-purposes, or just off doing their own thing. Even if you have more firepower (literally), more pips, better accuracy, a crit aura, etc. they will continue to blade themselves and compete with you for kills. And sometimes this costs us the match.

I see this at all levels - beginner, master, legendary. So I can't really believe that it's due to inexperience. It may just be that the test at the beginning really does pick up on a player's natural temperament.

Explorer
May 14, 2009
I like elemental more because elemental has the best tank, and then they have the highest hitter. Death isn't bad though. But I still like elemental. The only thing about elemental that I dislike would be the powerpip chance is around the 60% range.

Defender
Jan 21, 2011
Spiritual. Myth is great with helping: they can remove blades, summon minions, hit really high, and get rid of shields easily. How would you survive the Mirror Lake Spectral guardians without pierce/shatter?!

Life: Must I explain? They heal very well and keep us all alive!

Death: Death has the ability to attack and heal themselves at the same time, plus they have a lot of DoTs! They are also very good healers!

It would be a close fight but elemental I don't think would win. But if you put every wizard except balance in batlee between elemental and spiritual, they would win because of shear numbers.

Squire
Jul 28, 2011
Depends on thier strategies they use, if spiritual shields like mad, they might win, but if elemental attacks like crazy they might win also.

Survivor
Apr 26, 2011
SPIRITUAL! and im not just saying that because im. Elemental fizzles a lot and they don't have life which means there is not random person healing everyone every round. Death has many traps and health drains so yea you get the point. Spiritual would most definitely win. (no offense elemental people you guys are still awesome)

RachelSpellCaster

Survivor
Jan 16, 2013
It is elemental - - and spirit - - then alone is balance - - so which one do you think is best? I think spirit is because it has life and myth, they are the 2 best schools, in my opinion. also there is astral - - which has encahntments, charms, and polymorphs.

Defender
Nov 15, 2008
I am a balance wizard but i'll have to go with spiritual due to chimera :P

Survivor
Jan 30, 2013
Probably Spiritual, cause I am a Myth student.

Survivor
Apr 13, 2013
I'd say because and is the only school that heals and would boost

chase mythief level 34

Explorer
Mar 26, 2011
I've gotta go with elemental because of Ice they can stay the longest and hit hard with craft gear. But thats just my opinion

~Hunter BlueFlame Promethean And all others

Explorer
Jun 30, 2013
I think they both have strengths and weaknesses. That's why on most of my wizards if I'm an elemental wizard my secondary is spiritual, and if I'm a spiritual wizard my secondary would be an elemental.

If I had to choose one, it may be elemental, but I'm pretty unbiased.

Survivor
Jul 20, 2009
AstroStorm on May 15, 2013 wrote:
I'm currently a , however i'm much more supportive of the spirit schools. Also it can go either way, elemental is meant for the most powerful offensive skills and straight forward strategy. Spirit on the other hand uses strange combos and sytrategies for survival and defense as well as attack.
Thats why i think spirituals would win. I used to have a guy and I used to have a guy but now i have a guy. I'm in krokatopia with my so it might be a little to early to judge but is AWESOME!

Survivor
Dec 03, 2011
would wipe out all the other schools, but spirit would win in a fight against the elements. The Titans wouldn't stand a chance against a Forest Lord, Scarecrow, And Orthrus all at once.

Delver
Jan 13, 2010
I am a balance wizard, so listen to my thoughts.
I am not saying this just because I like the schools, but Spiritual schools would easily win.

Life can counter storm. If storm uses sirens, or any other spell, life can heal.
Death, well, Death, Death can keep themselves alive. Attack = heals to Death. Low on health, high on attack.
Now this is the part which helps most.
Myth, Myth can take away storms blades, which practically equals nothing without them.
Then, they can use earthquake, taking most of the elemental schools' blades away.
Then, no shields as well.
Myth can counter most schools, so then life keeps them alive, death attacks, and myth takes away all negative things.

Explorer
Jun 29, 2011
Malistaire Fan101 on Jun 1, 2013 wrote:
SPIRITUAL! and im not just saying that because im. Elemental fizzles a lot and they don't have life which means there is not random person healing everyone every round. Death has many traps and health drains so yea you get the point. Spiritual would most definitely win. (no offense elemental people you guys are still awesome)

RachelSpellCaster
Make it a 3v3 between Fire, Storm, Ice, and Death, myth, life.

Fire would go after life.
Storm would go after Death
Ice would go after Myth

Aaron fireEyes Grandmaster (Level 55-56)
Dustin StormBlood Adept (Level 20-21)

Survivor
Apr 26, 2009
I am a spiritual person. I find it easier to fight with. I like Myth because it get's rid of shields and things like that.

Main Chris MythFriend level 44
Secondary Chris LifeFriend level 66

Explorer
Dec 02, 2010
abbythegreat0u0 on Jun 20, 2013 wrote:
It is elemental - - and spirit - - then alone is balance - - so which one do you think is best? I think spirit is because it has life and myth, they are the 2 best schools, in my opinion. also there is astral - - which has encahntments, charms, and polymorphs.
Interesting you bring up the Astral schools :) Out of those I'd say Sun would be first, followed closely by Star, with Moon being an extremely far third for me (after Zafaria, the polymorphs are totally weak and useless).

I'd say Spiritual for me because Myth is my main/favorite school. Plus, I have a level 65 Death and a newb Life that I'm planning on leveling up soon-ish. The only wiz of an elemental school that I', definitely planning on doing is Ice. I don't hate Fire or Storm, I just find them less interesting overall.