Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Marleybone Difficult to traverse or walk?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Aug 08, 2012
Hey all, I don't normally complain.. but..
I am sorry, but MB is just my least favorite world to do. The walkways are so narrow you get pulled from every direction. Forget about side quests.. they are just too hard to navigate through. Obs chests a nightmare. I have all but one wiz left to traverse it but I don't even know if I want too. I manage well enough but I wish there was no MB!

On a good note? I love Avalon and Zafaria, Dragonspyre is well, inspiring! Celestia intriguing. Have four wizards none to Azteca yet. But I am trudging through. I have been playing a year. My complaints and only complaints are MB and Amber?? I quit my Death wiz in Avalon to get Deer Knight spell and have all wizards gardening for them.

I like being able to play many schools and watch their power. I love the game and it is so relaxing to me. Well.. except for these two issues. Lose MB or fix? Please? I would like to make a couple more wizards. But, not if I have to endure MB again :(

To the creators? I love your graphics, I love your voices, I love your storylines. Kudos to your wonderful team!

Destiny MoonBlood Archmage Necromancer 81
Destiny MoonStone Legendary Theurgist 67
Destiny MoonCloud Grand Diviner 51
Destiny MoonGarden Master Sorcerer 46
Destiny MoonDust Master Thaumaturge 35

Best regards, Tabi
PS if any need help? Look me up! :D

Archon
Oct 24, 2010
richwizz on May 2, 2013 wrote:
I am sorry, but MB is just my least favorite world to do. The walkways are so narrow you get pulled from every direction. Forget about side quests.. they are just too hard to navigate through. Obs chests a nightmare. I have all but one wiz left to traverse it but I don't even know if I want too. I manage well enough but I wish there was no MB!

On a good note? I love Avalon and Zafaria, Dragonspyre is well, inspiring! Celestia intriguing. Have four wizards none to Azteca yet. But I am trudging through. I have been playing a year. My complaints and only complaints are MB and Amber?? I quit my Death wiz in Avalon to get Deer Knight spell and have all wizards gardening for them.

I like being able to play many schools and watch their power. I love the game and it is so relaxing to me. Well.. except for these two issues. Lose MB or fix? Please? I would like to make a couple more wizards. But, not if I have to endure MB again :(

To the creators? I love your graphics, I love your voices, I love your storylines. Kudos to your wonderful team!

Best regards, Tabi
Over and over again we've said:
Marleybone teaches you patience. Stop. Watch how/where the mobs move. Plan and go.

I do not get pulled into duels unless I'm in a hurry and don't listen to my own advice. and that's my fault, not the fault of the game.

There is nothing to fix in Marleybone and we sure can't "lose" it!

Defender
Nov 01, 2012
Lol marleybone tries your patience, and I highly doubt that KI will take it out because of the suggestion of one player. I totally agree with you about it though. In the short time I was in marleybone, i got caught 200 times. No joke. Every time i even go there for a few minutes i'm caught IMAO
Just endure it with mooshu :)

Survivor
Aug 08, 2012
RavenLady777 on May 2, 2013 wrote:
Over and over again we've said:
Marleybone teaches you patience. Stop. Watch how/where the mobs move. Plan and go.

I do not get pulled into duels unless I'm in a hurry and don't listen to my own advice. and that's my fault, not the fault of the game.

There is nothing to fix in Marleybone and we sure can't "lose" it!
I am sorry, but I do not play the game to learn about patience. I play to relax. MB is not relaxing or fun. The walkways are just ridiculous. I really wouldn't want them to take it out, that is silly. I just wish they would make it so it is enjoyable that's all. Widening the walkways just a little, would be a huge improvement.

Delver
Feb 25, 2013
Like I said on a different post, the enemies move in ovals, try and walk in the middle of them. Don't use a tall mount (like my great hornocerous, it isn't so great when it comes to marleybone) but a small mount like a panther is great for entering/exiting the ovals.

Destiny Windgem, level 42

Ps. I still do side quests in mb

Survivor
Apr 17, 2011

Best regards, Tabi
Well I dont think a crime gang would let you walk safe on the side of the roof
but I do find myself fleeing when ever I get into a battle

Explorer
May 21, 2011
Marleybone is by far my least favorite world. I was so excited about it at first, but then I realized that the streets are very difficult to navigate. However, Marleybones' storyline is very intriguing. Think of it this way: you have Mooshu to look forward to!

Survivor
Jul 01, 2012

Best regards, Tabi
Yah, my Storm, Suri Ravenheart (52 ) has completed MB and my Death, Brooke Ashbane (34)
is working on it. Some areas, you just can't rely on the "sidewalks". What I do is try to find a space my wizard can squeeze through, and I found the middle can be a good spot sometimes. Hope it helps!

Survivor
Mar 07, 2011
Daniel Watercaster on Jun 4, 2013 wrote:
Well I dont think a crime gang would let you walk safe on the side of the roof
but I do find myself fleeing when ever I get into a battle
You know, you don't really have to flee. Just click ESC and QUIT. Then you will return to the character screen. then click PLAY and you should have gotten out of the battle. Though sometimes I get caught up in a battle again. So it depends on luck.

Cassandra SandCaster, Magus Sorcerer, Level 33
Marissa DeathBringer, Grandmaster Necromancer, Level 59

Defender
Feb 16, 2010
richwizz on May 3, 2013 wrote:
I am sorry, but I do not play the game to learn about patience. I play to relax. MB is not relaxing or fun. The walkways are just ridiculous. I really wouldn't want them to take it out, that is silly. I just wish they would make it so it is enjoyable that's all. Widening the walkways just a little, would be a huge improvement.
dude its not about what you want. some people like this and you have to accept they wont change this. you can start relaxing in marlybone if you learned a little patience like you were supposed to so if you want them to change this i suggest you might as well start relaxing in reagents square or in krok or wizard city because that's how far your gonna get.

Mastermind
Jun 02, 2013
richwizz on May 3, 2013 wrote:
Well if you won't have patience, you may as well just sit there and whine or walk in the middle of the street while holding a lucky horseshoe. People really need to stop spamming the MB boards with 'Marleybone has no sidewalks, fix it!!!!!!' Posts.