Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Mounts!

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jul 02, 2011
Does anyone have ideas for new mounts? If so, post them here! I will read everything you post. Will it be a zebra? A Cuckoo bird? A flying koala? I can't wait to see your ideas, so post away!

Explorer
Jun 20, 2009
I think it would be cool if there was a 4-player mount (not really big like Hydra or Dinosaur.) It could hold 4 players with a saddle that can hold 4 people.

A stone Dragon mount like the Malorian Dragon but smaller. :D

Mastermind
May 12, 2009
I have been suggesting having school mounts, where each mount is exclusive to one school and one school only. Such as the Life School having Centaur mounts while the Ice School may have Mammoths. I'd personally love to see this come to life in the game. Thank you for listening to my thoughts and ideas.
~Shannon Skybreaker

Explorer
Oct 14, 2008
I have an idea associated! My idea is that our mounts heal us when we are on them! It would make it so that people would not have to use their potions as much and would not have to port back to the main common area just to heal for the little bit they got attacked. It would not affect the dungeons status because you don't use mounts in the dungeon area's.

Also for new mount idea's i would like to see wolfs, panda mounts, and bunny mounts!

Delver
Jan 13, 2010
Shannon Skybreaker on May 3, 2013 wrote:
I have been suggesting having school mounts, where each mount is exclusive to one school and one school only. Such as the Life School having Centaur mounts while the Ice School may have Mammoths. I'd personally love to see this come to life in the game. Thank you for listening to my thoughts and ideas.
~Shannon Skybreaker
Yes, that is great. Maybe for balance it could be a big judgement where you could ride inb her school, or maybe sabertooth

Defender
May 03, 2009
Shannon Skybreaker on May 3, 2013 wrote:
~Shannon Skybreaker
Ooh that would be cool!

Ice: Mammoth (as said)
Life: Centaur (as said)
Death: This is tough, maybe a mini avenging fossil
Storm: Storm owl
Myth: The celestial calendar except flat and able to ride?
Fire: A mini sun serpent
Balance: A mini chimera

Ok, now I would LOVE to see an asteroid mount. Like a mini Xibalba? Just a thought.

See ya!

Scarlet Hawk
Promethean Necromancer
"Why? The world may never know."

Mastermind
May 12, 2009
Scarlet Hawk on May 3, 2013 wrote:
Ooh that would be cool!

Ice: Mammoth (as said)
Life: Centaur (as said)
Death: This is tough, maybe a mini avenging fossil
Storm: Storm owl
Myth: The celestial calendar except flat and able to ride?
Fire: A mini sun serpent
Balance: A mini chimera

Ok, now I would LOVE to see an asteroid mount. Like a mini Xibalba? Just a thought.

See ya!

Scarlet Hawk
Promethean Necromancer
"Why? The world may never know."
I do like your ideas. However, for the Myth School, I believe they should be given an Orthrus mount to ride on. I do believe that would make for a very intriguing mount.
~Shannon Skybreaker

Survivor
Apr 01, 2012
Keira Breeze on Apr 26, 2013 wrote:
Does anyone have ideas for new mounts? If so, post them here! I will read everything you post. Will it be a zebra? A Cuckoo bird? A flying koala? I can't wait to see your ideas, so post away!
I would like mounts that different speeds not just 40% speed like the slowpoke sloth mount.

Survivor
Jul 02, 2011
Great ideas, everyone! I like the idea of mounts that have different stats, including speeds and the ability to heal. I hope kingsisle looks at this page!

Survivor
Mar 21, 2011
I have had the idea for a while for a jade oni mount it would be cool right? I don't know how you people would rather ride it like you do a treant on it's shoulder or it be on all four legs and you ride on it's back but either way would be pretty cool. I also thought about the idea of a sun serpent mount, just think about riding one of those around epic right? Please someone tell me these are good ideas it's okay if they are bad or somene else thought of them first I just hope KingsIsle brings them in game.

Survivor
Nov 02, 2011
Maybe you could ride on the shoulder of a frost giant, or on the back of a wyvern.

Possibly an orthrus and maybe it could be a 2 person mount
A fire dragon?
I like the idea of a centaur or maybe you could ride on a forest lord or spinysaurus
A stormzilla! That would be beast!
Idk about death, maybe a bone horse? Like those nightrunners except like a hybrid with bone dragon.
Maybe a big scorpion like the rank 2 spell.

Survivor
May 08, 2010
You know they should make a white llama with a propeller hat, roller skates, and a jet pack

Survivor
May 25, 2010
I agree with all of these ideas, they would make the game more fun. And the healing option would be very beneficial. But along with the mammals and school mounts, I would suggest winged insect mounts. My ideas would be like a bee, a grasshopper, and my favorite, the praying mantis.

I got more but they would closely match mounts and pets that already exist like a ladybug or butterfly.

-Erin Nightshade
-Kane Shadowhunter

Hero
Nov 14, 2010
SethRider45 on Sep 5, 2013 wrote:
Maybe you could ride on the shoulder of a frost giant, or on the back of a wyvern.

Possibly an orthrus and maybe it could be a 2 person mount
A fire dragon?
I like the idea of a centaur or maybe you could ride on a forest lord or spinysaurus
A stormzilla! That would be beast!
Idk about death, maybe a bone horse? Like those nightrunners except like a hybrid with bone dragon.
Maybe a big scorpion like the rank 2 spell.
storm owl a ghost pulls you around in a rickshaw type thing i like centaur heck hound sit on troll shoulder mammoth there already is a scorpion mount so chimera?

Champion
Aug 20, 2010
FASTEX1531 on May 6, 2013 wrote:
I would like mounts that different speeds not just 40% speed like the slowpoke sloth mount.
What is mounts that different speeds? The slowpoke sloth moves at -40% not 40%, 80% difference.

Survivor
Jan 30, 2010
It would be cool if they had mounts that were school specific, but some would have kind of like transformations but only on the bottom half. It would also be cool if they had amulets that gave speed boost and a cool effect, at the cost of the stats another amulet would give, and also the wizard wouldn't be able to equip a mount with this amulet equipped. Maybe it can be a crafting quest given to students by their school teachers. The students would have to be level 100 and a transcended crafter (or the one above it)

For example:
Cold Snap Amulet (The wizard appears to be made of ice and is crystal clear, when the wizard jumps he/she shatters and slowly pieces back together within a minute. During that time the wizard looks like a cloud of glass floating around building to the shape of a wizard. Amulet gives 40% speed boost- Full body transformation)
Burning Stone Amulet (The wizard appears to be black obsidian with fiery veins covering his/her body with red glowing eyes. When they jump a stream of fire blows from their mouth. Amulet gives 40% speed boost- Full body transformation)
Triton tail mount (Or siren- lower body transformation)
Amulet of Supreme Justice (The wizard has big glowing translucent seraph wings. When the wizard jumps the balance symbol is burned into the air for a few minutes. Amulet gives 40% speed boost- Full body transformation)
Bone dragon mount (The bones sprout from under the wizards robe, and their upper body sits between the bone wings- lowerbody transformation)
Gorgon tail mount (Like medusa's tail- lowerbody transformation)
Centaur mount (Waist down a horse, waist up a wizard- lowerbody transformation)

Sun serpent (No transformation)
Polymorph Amulet (The wizard has the same gear but instead of a human he is a celestian-full body transformation, and moves on a silver light. Amulet gives 40% speed boost)
Aura Amulet (Wizard appears to be in a sphere, when he moves he looks like a comet. Amulet gives 50% speed boost)

Defender
Oct 15, 2009
Survivor
Aug 29, 2013
Maybe a Blizzard Cloud, a Cloud that has the shape of the Arcus Cloud and the color of a cloud from the Blizzard spell. The cloud also releases snow from its bottom just like the Arcus cloud releases lightning, and occasionally it will release an ice chunk like in the Blizzard spell. That would be cool to ride on

Survivor
Aug 30, 2013
I think it'd be pretty cool to see a bronze/metal dragon mount in the game. Maybe something from like the Percy Jackson series, but the dragon mounts that are in the game don't really capture of what I think are "dragons".
Just my opinion.