Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

2nd Arc Finale: Things KI Should Consider

AuthorMessage
Defender
Jul 26, 2012
Professor Greyrose on May 16, 2013 wrote:
What makes you think there will ever be a finale?

Wizard101's first chapter began in Wizard City, and culminated with the defeat of Malistaire.
Wizard101's second chapter began in Celestia with the introduction of Morganthe.

We're still only in the second chapter of this story of the Spiral...there are many chapters to come!
Dear Professor Greyrose,

I have recently seen many players (usually on fansites) who insist that the level cap for the game is planned to permanently stop at level 100. These players say that while content will continue to be added to the game, the level cap will never go over level 100.

All of the people who've said this insist that this was stated by a KingsIsle developer somewhere. However, none of them have ever actually provided any source or proof. I've searched pretty extensively to find such a statement on my own, but my searches have yielded no results. Despite a lack of evidence, I've noticed that belief in this rumor is getting increasingly prevalent among players.

Your post on this thread makes it pretty clear than content will continue to be added after the Morganthe chapter. I was hoping you would clarify: Does this also mean that the level cap may continue to increase, even beyond level 100?

I would love to get a definite answer to this question in hopes of combating the spread of false rumors and misinformation. Thank you for your time.

Survivor
Dec 23, 2009
Just wondering if this will be the last world? There are no more blank spaces for new worlds to go to. I hope its not. I love this game and have been on since it started.

Administrator
Your question has been asked and answered, young Wizard.

https://www.wizard101.com/forum/the-dorms/2nd-arc-finale-things-ki-should-consider-8ad6a4183e3b2dd8013e4320b0370196

Wizard101's first chapter began in Wizard City, and culminated with the defeat of Malistaire.
Wizard101's second chapter began in Celestia with the introduction of Morganthe.

We're still only in the second chapter of this story of the Spiral...there are many chapters to come!

community@wizard101.com
Delver
Feb 28, 2012
W101 won't have a "the end" until five days AFTER the internet does.

Explorer
Jun 10, 2012
Professor Greyrose on Nov 20, 2013 wrote:

https://www.wizard101.com/forum/the-dorms/2nd-arc-finale-things-ki-should-consider-8ad6a4183e3b2dd8013e4320b0370196

Hold the phone! Did you just say this is only the second chapter!? This is great! This way I'll be able to catch up! I joined in 2012 and didn't get member ship until 2013! I'm still in the first chapter!

I'm so relieved.

Victoria MoonBreeze Level 46

Survivor
Dec 11, 2010
I did have a thought for the next arc and wondered if you guys would like it ... what if the next boss (no idea who) kidnapped ambrose and it was our quest to get him back we could go through different worlds where he had been seen make these worlds some of the ones we have heard through our travels maybe could be morganthes father or something taking out revenge for killing his daughter ( that's just an idea for the big boss but that could be changed lol) I mean ambrose is really the top wizard in the spiral so it would be interesting to see something like this

Defender
Aug 07, 2011
I don't understand why people fear an end to W101 just because of a round number. Honestly, ask yourself this, why would they stop producing such a profitable product? Would you if you had such a fun way to turn a profit and were? They're no more likely to stop than Coca-Cola is to stop bottling soda.

Survivor
Nov 09, 2012
Professor Greyrose on Nov 20, 2013 wrote:

Thank you, i so wanted to this not to end! I started to think Wizard 101 was epic on the "TUTORIAL"!!! Again I want to thank you for telling us that.

Jack Frost, lvl 34 ice

Survivor
Apr 25, 2013
Cunning Finnigan S... on Apr 25, 2013 wrote:
We are one world away from completing this story and closing the book to Morganthe for good (hopefully...). As of that, here's a list to the things I really feel Kingsisle should do for us in the next expansion:

-Morganthe MUST drop a full, powerful, rare gear set for each school just like Malistaire did. It should include stats stronger than the WW gear. Should haves a fair amount of just about every stat (minus Energy). You've gotten us this far into the story, and now players want to see a fabulous reward like new gear. I would also suggest giving every school their own gear look, not one gear style that every school gets like WW. Make Pyromancer's gear on fire, or Theurgist get an earth-toned amor. The gear should also not only hit the school's strong points but also bring up their weaker points.
-Bring out a plethera of new pets to be boughten, dropped, purchased from a bundle, or won from a hoard/lore pack (Zafaria was heavily lacking to me and Azteca, while it brought 6 new dino pets, all were not dropped)
-Hold any insane amount of difficulty. After Azteca, Wizards, I feel, don't need to see another hardcore area. Since Azteca and Zafaria really brought the hurt, and Avalon wasn't too bad, the final world must be easier than Azteca but not simple as it would feel off putting (look at Dragonspyre). Bring the hurt around the final battle please.
-Let the world quest line mirror Avalon's. Of all the 2nd Arc worlds, Avalon was the most appealing. Mix up the story instead of repetitive quests as most found unappealing in Zafaria and Azteca. Don't be afraid to put the answer to our problems right in front of us instead of fighting a boss. Give us a reward to look for like the Sword of Kings.
-Have this world give multiple training points like Celestia and Avalon.
-Provide us with new school pets, Rank 11 Spells, and 2-5 new school utility spells.
-If Utility spells and Astral Spells are to appear, it's on or the other. One can be simply provided without doing a fight quest, and the other a boss fight, but not both.
-Azteca mobs and bosses need to loose treasure card/item card versions of our spells. Give them regular versions and move those to the final world or get rid of them all together.
-In a story sense, make Morganthe do something evil that affects us, the Students, such as injury Ambrose or Cyrus or attack Ravenwood.
-Answer the question: What happened to the Eye of History? somewhere in the quest line.
-Go graphically big! Blow our minds with an epic cenimatic beginning and ending as well as affects throughout this world.
-Whatever spells we get in this world, mobs MUST not know them before us (I am unsure why you guys broke that golden chain. If it was, as Professor Falmea said, to slow us down that's cool but as the last world, don't go over board).
-Bring out as much humor, puns, and crude humor as possible like Zafaria-Azteca (don't remember much from Celestia). Make us laugh.

Thanks!
I have 2 things to say:
1. Morganthe should probably be shadow.
2.What does WW mean?

Survivor
Apr 25, 2013
Professor Greyrose on May 16, 2013 wrote:

I keep hearing the word 'chapters' and I just keep thinking that there should be a Wizard101 book. I mean, kinda like this: Merle Ambrose summons you and stuff, and you go the the storyline and do all that stuff, so on and so on- in 3rd person. And for every battle there's a little board game, and whenever you talk to somebody there's a conversation, plus when you have to find something there's a 'where's Waldo' sort of thing? Not sure what to do about side quests, though. Side quest index? I also think Wizard101 cards- physically, in real life- would be a good idea too.

Survivor
Jul 01, 2013
Aarrrthur on May 15, 2013 wrote:
No No No, you cannot end the game with wizards being level 100, the next level cap MUST be up to level 101 !!!!!

Rogan Firehammer
That doesn't make any sense, every single game I've played goes up to 100 or 99

Defender
Jan 31, 2010
SonUvaDigger on May 16, 2013 wrote:
I am too!!

But KI, don't get too carried away and have there be lvl 200+

But the spells!!
Woah, hang on a minute there my friend. You call going to level 200 or above getting carried away? I say not! Keep bringing the levels, spells, and more KI!!!!

Defender
Jan 31, 2010
Time Warped on May 17, 2013 wrote:
Yes!!!!!! I never want this game to end!!!! If it did, I would probably die! Never end this game!!! Not until everybody is level 1,000,000!

Rylee Spiritblood
Lvl 65
Woah. Level 1 mill? don't you think that is a bit crazy? I know we are only 5 levels away from 100 but still 1 mill is going to take a very long time. And as professor greyrose said, "What makes you think this game will ever end?" I find 100 to be good for time being, possibly even 200. But the level that will top everything off is up to KI.

Survivor
Feb 10, 2013
Many chapters to come... Yay!

Explorer
May 21, 2012
what lydia greayrose just said made my year

talon moontail 61

Survivor
Jan 02, 2009
I hope there will be more shadow magic in the second chapter.

Survivor
Aug 10, 2010
I want this to be the ending, but only after KI has done at least 20 chapters

<New villian> (i am not creative enough to think of a name :P) Is invading Ravenwood! To battle, young wizard!

You will fight with Ambrose. He has 5000-7000 HP. The villian uses a max-pip spell along with blades and traps. It is an AOE spell so he K.O.'s both of you. Your screen becomes blurry and your last sight is of the villian terrorizing the new students of Ravenwood. You get sent to the Wizard selection screen, and if you try to log onto the Wizard who was with Ambrose and "Died:, you are in the new villians lair. This will be sort of like the Wizard creator, but instead it is a MOB creator! You select your school, design yourself, and choose a world. You wander the streets endlessly, waiting... Waiting for a Wizard to show up. If you die you return to the MOB maker to select a new MOB and a new world to wander.

-G.G. Level 35

-K.U. Level 18

Geographer
Apr 29, 2012
Squeamymeowmeow on Nov 23, 2013 wrote:
I have 2 things to say:
1. Morganthe should probably be shadow.
2.What does WW mean?
1. Shadow didn't exist when that was posted.
2. Waterworks.

Mastermind
Oct 11, 2010
Talon Dragonblood on Nov 20, 2013 wrote:
Just wondering if this will be the last world? There are no more blank spaces for new worlds to go to. I hope its not. I love this game and have been on since it started.
if new stuff stops they lose customers its a very straight forward thing. Movie makers make new movies all the time same concept they just need to revamp the pet system or give players 6 talents to unlock ;p

Mastermind
Jun 01, 2009
grahambhg on Nov 20, 2013 wrote:
W101 won't have a "the end" until five days AFTER the internet does.
Hah. I find that quite believable. Well actually I don't believe wizard101 will ever have an end. I'll still keep playing it in real life with bad costumes and stick wands. (don't judge me, you know you've done it too)

-Jasmine Owltalon, level 95 myth

Delver
Dec 13, 2008
I am so glad to hear that khrysilis or however its spelled isn't the last world but if we are getting higher rank spells are guy gonna plan on making new colors of pips where its green for 3 and blue for 4 and if so are you guys gonna add more ranks to pets and another thing about pet my friend has this cool idea about having 2 pet with you at once I know people are gonna argue but it would be sweet.

Explorer
Apr 15, 2012
I agree with eventually working up to level 200.

However, I had a rough time staying interested in World of Warcraft because every time I started a new character regardless of "class", I would have to visit the same worlds, do the same quests, and take the same roads. It gets boring after a while.

It would be nice if we were given a new option to take for a new type of wizard that takes a completely different path. Change it up a bit. New wizards that are going to be taking a long journey all the way level 200, and to Khrysalis and beyond may want a journey that is different, new, and fresh.

Just something to think about.

Explorer
Oct 07, 2011
SonUvaDigger on May 16, 2013 wrote:
I am too!!

But KI, don't get too carried away and have there be lvl 200+

But the spells!!
Haha, it's hard enough getting a level one wizard to a level 95. Imagine level 200.

Explorer
Oct 07, 2011
robotdino123 on Jul 5, 2013 wrote:
I guess it would be pretty fun playing when your dead. That way you can keep up with all thats going on. You just gotta be buried with a computer
My parents told me that my gravestone would look like a laptop. Smart parents :D

-Rebecca Shadowflame, legendary .

Explorer
Oct 07, 2011
True Fire on Aug 21, 2013 wrote:
This is how i want the final world of the morganthe arc to be. You go to the world Polaris and find the Morganthe has already created her kingdom. you travel the world defeating her army and freeing the innocent. along the way you fight old enemies you'd thought you'd seen the last of... (Jade oni, Rattle bones, Blackhope, Salgio, to name a few). Morganthe has brought them back and they are far more powerful! finaly after defeating your old huants you make it to morganthes castle (a dungeon). After fighting some shadow webs you find morganthe at the other end of a long hall. she says "come fourth if you dare!" (then a cutscene of some of your wizards toughest battles) then you reach morganthe and the fight begins!

Morgathe- health-35,000 cheat- until defeated her minions will return
minions- Malistair the undying (his death in azteca seemed staged). cheats- same as in azteca but no universal immunity.

other minion- random boss from past.

after you win morgathe says "no! i wont lose just yet! let's see just how powerful you are against the mirror!"

next fight- yourself! a wizard with stats, spells, ang gear just like yours. (the number of minons equal and copy the wizards who entered) no cheats but a cool fight.

final boss-morgathe health-50,000 no minons. cheats-randomly casts level 48 spells for no pips. when health reaches 40,000- ever 2 turns she'll cast either a 1000 point meteor strike or a 500 point earthquake. when health reaches 30,000- casts smoke screen, weakness, and infection on all players every turn. 20,000- interrupts all attacks with a tower shield. 10,000- will always have MAX pips even after casting a spell. will only use attack spells. can attack twice.

After you win Morganthe is destroyed but claims that somehow she will have her revenge. you return to merle and tell him the good new. he thanks you but says that since the book of secrets hasn't renturned you home, there will be another threat soon... time for a new arc!
I like the fight yourself thing. It would be funny if you could say, "Hey, good looking." and mirror you would lose 50% resist and crit block for three rounds because you had distracted them.