Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

2nd Arc Finale: Things KI Should Consider

AuthorMessage
Historian
May 06, 2009
We are one world away from completing this story and closing the book to Morganthe for good (hopefully...). As of that, here's a list to the things I really feel Kingsisle should do for us in the next expansion:

-Morganthe MUST drop a full, powerful, rare gear set for each school just like Malistaire did. It should include stats stronger than the WW gear. Should haves a fair amount of just about every stat (minus Energy). You've gotten us this far into the story, and now players want to see a fabulous reward like new gear. I would also suggest giving every school their own gear look, not one gear style that every school gets like WW. Make Pyromancer's gear on fire, or Theurgist get an earth-toned amor. The gear should also not only hit the school's strong points but also bring up their weaker points.
-Bring out a plethera of new pets to be boughten, dropped, purchased from a bundle, or won from a hoard/lore pack (Zafaria was heavily lacking to me and Azteca, while it brought 6 new dino pets, all were not dropped)
-Hold any insane amount of difficulty. After Azteca, Wizards, I feel, don't need to see another hardcore area. Since Azteca and Zafaria really brought the hurt, and Avalon wasn't too bad, the final world must be easier than Azteca but not simple as it would feel off putting (look at Dragonspyre). Bring the hurt around the final battle please.
-Let the world quest line mirror Avalon's. Of all the 2nd Arc worlds, Avalon was the most appealing. Mix up the story instead of repetitive quests as most found unappealing in Zafaria and Azteca. Don't be afraid to put the answer to our problems right in front of us instead of fighting a boss. Give us a reward to look for like the Sword of Kings.
-Have this world give multiple training points like Celestia and Avalon.
-Provide us with new school pets, Rank 11 Spells, and 2-5 new school utility spells.
-If Utility spells and Astral Spells are to appear, it's on or the other. One can be simply provided without doing a fight quest, and the other a boss fight, but not both.
-Azteca mobs and bosses need to loose treasure card/item card versions of our spells. Give them regular versions and move those to the final world or get rid of them all together.
-In a story sense, make Morganthe do something evil that affects us, the Students, such as injury Ambrose or Cyrus or attack Ravenwood.
-Answer the question: What happened to the Eye of History? somewhere in the quest line.
-Go graphically big! Blow our minds with an epic cenimatic beginning and ending as well as affects throughout this world.
-Whatever spells we get in this world, mobs MUST not know them before us (I am unsure why you guys broke that golden chain. If it was, as Professor Falmea said, to slow us down that's cool but as the last world, don't go over board).
-Bring out as much humor, puns, and crude humor as possible like Zafaria-Azteca (don't remember much from Celestia). Make us laugh.

Thanks!

Champion
Dec 01, 2011
Cunning Finnigan S... on Apr 25, 2013 wrote:
We are one world away from completing this story and closing the book to Morganthe for good (hopefully...). As of that, here's a list to the things I really feel Kingsisle should do for us in the next expansion:

-Morganthe MUST drop a full, powerful, rare gear set for each school just like Malistaire did. It should include stats stronger than the WW gear. Should haves a fair amount of just about every stat (minus Energy). You've gotten us this far into the story, and now players want to see a fabulous reward like new gear. I would also suggest giving every school their own gear look, not one gear style that every school gets like WW. Make Pyromancer's gear on fire, or Theurgist get an earth-toned amor. The gear should also not only hit the school's strong points but also bring up their weaker points.
-Bring out a plethera of new pets to be boughten, dropped, purchased from a bundle, or won from a hoard/lore pack (Zafaria was heavily lacking to me and Azteca, while it brought 6 new dino pets, all were not dropped)
-Hold any insane amount of difficulty. After Azteca, Wizards, I feel, don't need to see another hardcore area. Since Azteca and Zafaria really brought the hurt, and Avalon wasn't too bad, the final world must be easier than Azteca but not simple as it would feel off putting (look at Dragonspyre). Bring the hurt around the final battle please.
-Let the world quest line mirror Avalon's. Of all the 2nd Arc worlds, Avalon was the most appealing. Mix up the story instead of repetitive quests as most found unappealing in Zafaria and Azteca. Don't be afraid to put the answer to our problems right in front of us instead of fighting a boss. Give us a reward to look for like the Sword of Kings.
-Provide us with new school pets, Rank 11 Spells, and 2-5 new school utility spells.
-If Utility spells and Astral Spells are to appear, it's on or the other. One can be simply provided without doing a fight quest, and the other a boss fight, but not both.
-Azteca mobs and bosses need to loose treasure card/item card versions of our spells. Give them regular versions and move those to the final world or get rid of them all together.
-In a story sense, make Morganthe do something evil that affects us, the Students, such as injury Ambrose or Cyrus or attack Ravenwood.
-Answer the question: What happened to the Eye of History? somewhere in the quest line.
-Go graphically big! Blow our minds with an epic cenimatic beginning and ending as well as affects throughout this world.
-Whatever spells we get in this world, mobs MUST not know them before us (I am unsure why you guys broke that golden chain. If it was, as Professor Falmea said, to slow us down that's cool but as the last world, don't go over board).
-Bring out as much humor, puns, and crude humor as possible like Zafaria-Azteca (don't remember much from Celestia). Make us laugh.

Thanks!
Agreed! You know how to make wizards happy!

Historian
May 06, 2009
Cunning Finnigan S... on Apr 25, 2013 wrote:

Thanks!
3 more things for the list I forgot to add:

-Please do give Myth a new powerful minion spell and/or a very powerful AoE. From Dragonspyre to Azteca you've given them nothing but single attack spells, which aren't bad at all! Celestial Calender has some of the best animations I've seen, but after getting nothing but single hits, I do feel they deserve one like everybody else. If we did the math from Humongofrog damage to a Rank 11 damage, it would do just over 1000 to all enemies. Also a new Minion hasn't been added to their arsenal in awhile. Minions are the major focus of Myth and so without getting one that's on par with the 2nd Arc, Myth is practically just a school that deals damage in yellow.
-Have the space of gear stats (robes, hats, and boots primarily) for the final world spaced out at least 2-5% points away from Azteca gear as well as improve the stats of Azteca gear to be 2-5% points away from Avalon gear. Many of Azteca's gear is only 1 point apart from Avalon gear as well as a drop in health for not better stats. Please increase the health, mana, resistance, damage etc. of Azteca's falling gear to be higher than Avalon's by more than 1 point/percentage.
-After 5 worlds (Dragonspyre-Azteca. That's practically a whole Story Arc!) of having to use +1 Power Pip wands, Kingsisle I do believe it is time for the level 90s-100s to recieve +2 Power Pip wands. If by getting +2 Power Pips, we decrease in critical and critical block (and possible accuracy) on those types of wands, I think that is a sacrifice some players would be willing to take. Though there is nothing wrong with giving us +2 Power Pip wands AND a fair amount of critical and block. Since PvP has been changed so that those who go second will recieve an extra pip to offset the ones who go first, I see this will be ok for PvP, I feel it was the fear of a PvP outbreak for Celestia wands to have +2 Power Pips that is was changed. Yes, there is always the possibility of a Wizard using a +1 Power Pip wand up against a Wizard with a +2 Power Pip wand and going first (thus not gaining the extra pip and the +2 Pip Wizard get's 4 pips). This maybe a risk PvP will have to take. Otherwise, the idea that +2 Power Pip Wands will only activate during PvE and only grant 1 extra Power Pip in PvP is always an option. Note: I do feel a sense that Kingsisle does NOT want to force Wizards to be denied access to all spells, items and pips with a NO PVP sign on it. Many have stated the idea of permanent items and spells with this PvP ban as to get better advantages. This may be the case but I do feel KI relunctant to PvP ban a permanent, trained spell or gaining an extra Pip. This was only done with select treasure cards as treasure cards are expandable. You can sell them, use them for crafting, destroy them, or never use them, but they aren't yours to keep and place in your main deck.

Armiger
Jan 11, 2012
What I never understood is why does it always have to be a harder level or a matter of "we have to top this". Why can't a level be put out that isn't harder than Azteca? Sure it would be easy for those maxed with levels or gear, but it can't ALWAYS be about topping what came before it, can it? What if, during one of the expansions, they added a dungeon or two for lesser than max levels? or a quest or two? or another side world to flesh out the earlier worlds more?

Historian
May 06, 2009
dayerider on Apr 27, 2013 wrote:
What I never understood is why does it always have to be a harder level or a matter of "we have to top this". Why can't a level be put out that isn't harder than Azteca? Sure it would be easy for those maxed with levels or gear, but it can't ALWAYS be about topping what came before it, can it? What if, during one of the expansions, they added a dungeon or two for lesser than max levels? or a quest or two? or another side world to flesh out the earlier worlds more?
or another side world to flesh out the earlier worlds more?

More side worlds to flesh out the earlier worlds has already been established with Wysteria and Grizzleheim as well as side arcs such as Colossus Boulvard, Crab Alley, and the first 3 parts of the Lost Pages Event. More side worlds are to come, but this suggestion by players, takes the longest to do for Kingsisle. They can do it, but it will certainly come at the same rate as Main Story Worlds. I'm sure KI just wants to end this one already and bring out some new side arcs already. You really just have to wait.

Why can't a level be put out that isn't harder than Azteca? Sure it would be easy for those maxed with levels or gear, but it can't ALWAYS be about topping what came before it, can it?

They can definitely do that no problem. Some people found Zafaria and Avalon pretty easy and Celestia and Azteca to be the hard ones. The thing of the matter is, the 2nd Arc still progresses like the first arc only running and jumping instead of walking. In the 1st Arc, each world still got harder in difficulty but gradually, thus, unnoticably, topping the last world. In the 2nd Arc, things are harder and more noticable so it does feel like each world is topping the last world, in terms of difficulty. Avalon was an interesting world though. In that World, there only 6 cheating bosses and 2 of them weren't even part of any quest. Then when you look at Zafaria, Celestia, and Azteca you can find quite a number more than this in the main quest line. All I want KI to do is mirror Avalon with this final world. The stakes may be high but the base difficulty of this world may be too high to start with more cheating bosses and overpowered mobs. Mobs will have a range of 3900-7500 health points in this world and start with 6-7 pips, and that's just the mobs! Bosses will always start with 7 pips and have as low as 15,000 health to as high as 25-30,000 health. I don't feel we need more cheating bosses in this world. There can be some during our questing there but the overall World should have very few cheating bosses like 3-5 (obviously Morganthe's gonna have some tough stuff). So, no, it doesn't always have to be about topping the difficulty of what came before. That's just up to KI to decide what they want to do.

Survivor
Jun 04, 2011
For the final world of the spiral, the last boss should be Morganthe. 100,000 health, , no cheats, no minion. After she is defeated, You return to Merle as usual to tell him of your success. But then there's a twist. Merle decides that you have grown too powerful, a threat to the spiral. He takes it upon himself to battle you and to rid you from the spiral. After all is sorted out, Merle learns that Morganthe, in her final moments, cursed him. Then you comlete the game at lvl 100.

~Nicholas Shadowforge~
archmage

Defender
Mar 09, 2009
No No No, you cannot end the game with wizards being level 100, the next level cap MUST be up to level 101 !!!!!

Rogan Firehammer

Archon
Oct 24, 2010
nicholasshadowforg... on May 15, 2013 wrote:
For the final world of the spiral, the last boss should be Morganthe. 100,000 health, , no cheats, no minion. After she is defeated, You return to Merle as usual to tell him of your success. But then there's a twist. Merle decides that you have grown too powerful, a threat to the spiral. He takes it upon himself to battle you and to rid you from the spiral. After all is sorted out, Merle learns that Morganthe, in her final moments, cursed him. Then you comlete the game at lvl 100.

~Nicholas Shadowforge~
archmage
And all of KI's customers go away.
Nope, a game such as this simply cannot 'end' - ever - if they want keep their customer base and stay in business

Explorer
Sep 24, 2011
Does your idea include friends that could get on a sigil to help you. Not tying to be rude but 100,000 is alittle harsh. Sill your idea rocks!

Explorer
Jun 20, 2009
Good idea, but I'm totally against any ideas of "finishing" wizard101. I probably would (tragic as it is,) get bored and stop playing the game! Its making me teary just thinking about it... just kidding.

Marissa BattleFlame
Queen of Seraphs

Armiger
Feb 25, 2009
NO. No Grand Finale. I would hate to think that after 4+ years of playing this game it would end so suddenly. This game has the potential to continue for a long time.

If it doesn't, then myself and millions of other players are just wasting our money and time. I don't like or play P101 or sub any other games. If I lose this one, there will be no more.

Administrator
What makes you think there will ever be a finale?

Wizard101's first chapter began in Wizard City, and culminated with the defeat of Malistaire.
Wizard101's second chapter began in Celestia with the introduction of Morganthe.

We're still only in the second chapter of this story of the Spiral...there are many chapters to come!

community@wizard101.com
Archon
Oct 24, 2010
Professor Greyrose on May 16, 2013 wrote:

Wizard101's first chapter began in Wizard City, and culminated with the defeat of Malistaire.
Wizard101's second chapter began in Celestia with the introduction of Morganthe.

We're still only in the second chapter of this story of the Spiral...there are many chapters to come!
YAY! I'm so glad you confirmed this!

Explorer
Apr 27, 2012
RavenLady777 on May 16, 2013 wrote:
YAY! I'm so glad you confirmed this!
I am too!!

But KI, don't get too carried away and have there be lvl 200+

But the spells!!

Survivor
Jul 09, 2012
Wait wait wait? We guys on Chapter Two, . When I get to AZ their would be a bunch of more worlds! YES!!!!

Kane Skullstaff, Your Local Pyromancer

Defender
Sep 10, 2011

Wow isn't that grand? Good Luck and all the best to KI then! Great news indeed.

Defender
May 03, 2009

I would've cried so hard if Wizard101 ended. I'm not allowed to read any other chapters, though I wonder how many others there will be!

Explorer
Jan 15, 2012

~Nicholas Shadowforge~
archmage
I really want this game to not end!!!! well, if its going to end, it should at least be up to 101.
Well, i guess that if the games going to end soon, I should start the Death wizard I've been planning to make.

Explorer
Jan 15, 2012

AWESOME!!!!!! I thought this game was gonna end on the world after Azteca and lvl cap 101.
Thanks for clarifying this Prof. Greyrose!
Valkoor GoldSong lvl 83

Defender
Jul 03, 2012
Yes!!!!!! I never want this game to end!!!! If it did, I would probably die! Never end this game!!! Not until everybody is level 1,000,000!

Rylee Spiritblood
Lvl 65

Defender
Sep 09, 2012
Wizard101 shouldn't end.
Emma Emaraldsword lvl 44 conjurer

Defender
Dec 27, 2011
Yay! Wizard101 will continue forever. I think of finales of worlds and chapters but never the entire spiral.

Squire
Jul 28, 2011
Yay for proffesor Greyrose

With all the talk on Wizard101 ending, I was getting worried. But now I know there are many more chapters, I am happier than a clam........(Assuming they are happy)
Angela DragonStone
Level 84

Explorer
Jun 04, 2012

~Nicholas Shadowforge~
archmage
1st Of All, Heck what are you thinking? Merle Ambrose would Never Ever turn on you seriously, He's The One Who Brought You To Wizard City!

2d Of All, Level 100? Too Small! I Would Rather It Be 800+ Yes, I Know Its Long But Still!

3rd Of All, 100,000 Health? Well I Understand Because Theres A One In A Million Badge But Still

~Taylor

Armiger
Feb 25, 2009
Thank you Professor Greyrose. It would be nice to see this thread Stickied so that it will always be up for others to see.

There have been many times I have seen threads referring to the end of W101 and others seeing your post here will put that subject to bed for a long time......