Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

How long did it take for you to get a PT TC?

AuthorMessage
Explorer
May 14, 2009
Sorry, I had to shorten the title for it to fit.

But anyways, I am not in Azteca yet,(Dun Dara, Avalon) but I have all the items for the crafting quest except for the Potent trap Treasure card, and that is why I am wanting to ask you guys; how long did it take for you to get one?

Some people say it takes a very long time, while others say they got it really fast.

And, got any tips on where I should go to try to get one when I am in Azteca?

Thanks.

Explorer
Apr 08, 2011
Potent Trap TC, I usually farm Nezahual Savage Paw in Twin Giants. He also drops the following TC's: Chastisement, Cycle of Life, Furnace, Galvanic Field, Primordial, Punishment, Reliquary, Sharpened Blade, Sleet Storm and Virulence. Hope this helps.

Valerian DragonStalker
Promethean Sorcerer

Delver
Oct 26, 2010
Well, I farmed Tzapotec in Pitch Black Lake for the tc. It took me like 4 battles. Just bring a fire or an ice with you and blade him/her up and kill the crab.

Explorer
Jun 10, 2012
My balance wizard got it from some boss in either Mangrove Marsh or Saltmeadow Swamp. I don't remember who exactly (though I vaguely recall it was a particularly long and annoying battle), but it was a regular quest. I didn't farm anyone.

Explorer
Mar 26, 2011
For me apparently very fast just was questing and got them.

~Hunter Blue Flame Promethean Pyromancer

Survivor
Aug 11, 2011
Maybe I was unlucky, but I had to get through all of Azetaca twice. I completed Azeteca (defeating every single boss) without getting a potent trap card, so I did it all again to help a friend and did not get the treasure card until almost the end of Azetaca.

Survivor
Apr 19, 2012
I have made it about half way through Azteca and been farming various bosses over and over and over that are supposed to drop the Potent Trap treasure card and neither I nor my daughter have gotten a single one dropped after months of farming. This tc is not being dropped on a regular basis and I am tired of farming so much and not getting one which is holding up my crafting so that I cannot craft items from Azteca. Any way that drops of PT TC can get upped to allow those of us who want to do the crafting and are not able to because of no PT card?

Fiona RavenHunter

Explorer
Jan 15, 2012
Cyber Espionage on Apr 25, 2013 wrote:
Sorry, I had to shorten the title for it to fit.

But anyways, I am not in Azteca yet,(Dun Dara, Avalon) but I have all the items for the crafting quest except for the Potent trap Treasure card, and that is why I am wanting to ask you guys; how long did it take for you to get one?

Some people say it takes a very long time, while others say they got it really fast.

And, got any tips on where I should go to try to get one when I am in Azteca?

Thanks.
Weeeeeelllll...
I got lucky and got 2 from Belloq in Azteca
first try.
So um... yeah.
Good luck with your crafting quest!
Valkoor Goldsong lvl 83

Explorer
Jul 13, 2012
I'm not done with Azteca yet, probably around half way I guess. But, I got mine after fighting Hungry Caiman in Cloudburst Forest. I'm a Death Wizard and he's life so I figured I'd try him for a while. He also drops Turqoise so it took about 5-6 fights and I got it.

Archon
Feb 07, 2011
I forget who dropped them, but my balance wizard had no problem getting the required amount of PT cards for her crafting quest; turquoise was another story, though it all just fell into my death wizard's lap.

Defender
Jul 26, 2009
i got 6 during questing, if you find a boss to farm for something else it goes by faster.

Delver
Jan 17, 2013
I got one in the Storm Eye temple from the ice boss. I got it the first battle, and i am keeping it to become a transcendent crafter.

Geographer
Mar 12, 2013
The same day I unlocked Mirror Lake, I went to help a friend battle some boss or other (looked like a dinosaur) in Az. Also did a ML run. That evening I was restoring my sideboard for the next day's battles when I noticed I'd somehow picked up a Potent Trap TC.

It's probably from the dinosaur boss but it could have been from ML, if they've enriched the drops there recently.

Hero
Jul 30, 2012
My first wizard completed Azteca without getting the PT TC. Later I farmed some boss in Twin Giants and got it. Farming Azteca for other stuff I got a couple more. Too bad you can't trade or shared-bank them.