Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

PvP for Balance

AuthorMessage
Delver
Jan 13, 2010
I am a balance lvl 90 sorcerer, i have finished azteca, but am still only a private i nPvP. I have not done PvP, so could you guys just give some tips

Cole Dunerunner Lvl 90 Promethean Sorcerer
LOrd of the Falling Sky

A+ Student
Mar 02, 2010
Well, I think you should get a myth mastery amulet, train up to feint, tower shield, vaporize, infection, infallible, colossal, stun shield, and cloak and you should get the avalon crafted gear. With the strategy I use, the crafted gear and sidhe staff works best, but sometimes I'd end up using the viridian charged wand.
A good strategy, an overlord strategy, would be to summon your mander minion, and then start cloaking weaknesses + infections while keeping your pips high and reshuffling constantly. Then, after a little bit of drowning your opponent, start to cloak shields (VS a storm cloak shields immediately), and also spam myth dispels so the opponent can't use shatter or any of the sort (I usually use it a lot vs a myth at the start). Try keeping your minions constant and get the opponent to waste his/her pips as much as possible, and then, if you're near half your health, start using Availing Hands, with Stellar Signet/Courtly Dirk and Cosmic Kris + your critical the heal should be enough, but beware Snow Drift, so, after you've stacked, start using feint and all that (Make sure your minion is gone, if the opponent didn't kill it, use a Sacrifice Minion spell), but also don't forget to Balance dispel so the opponent can't dispel you.
Most good pvpers would use Empower to break the feints, so I usually layer them, and I keep Dark Pact TC's in my sideboard to remove weaknesses/traps from the feints, then use infallible, and then shatter, tower shield or not your opponent is going to die, but make sure you have a balance dispel up before the hit so you don't lose all your pips.
By the way, my pet has Spell-Proof at 10%, Spell-Defying at 5%, Fairy-Friend, Spritely, and Pierce Train, and I use a Premier Porker pet which gives me Feint, so I use that, normal, and TC version, it's a dangerous strategy.
Well, that's just how I play, I'm sure there's many more amazing ways that could suit you, good luck!

Champion
Dec 01, 2011
Cole Dunerunner on Apr 21, 2013 wrote:
I am a balance lvl 90 sorcerer, i have finished azteca, but am still only a private i nPvP. I have not done PvP, so could you guys just give some tips

LOrd of the Falling Sky
www.duelist101.com/wizard101-pvp-guides-2/promethean-balance-with-death-amulet-1v1-wizard101/

Explorer
Nov 17, 2012
Cole Dunerunner on Apr 21, 2013 wrote:

LOrd of the Falling Sky
hehehe you should use the most useful amulet for pvp for non theurgist... the life mastery -_- you should train ice up to tower train death up to feint (even though i hate it when people only use death for feint >:O) and get stun shield,cloak,infallible,entangle, and buy life up to sanctuary so you can boost your heals rofl. life mastery does make it easy it is much easier to handle than using a myth mastery lol because people love to carryvaporizes in their tc decks. and also use infection and doom after you really damaged them, but try using it when you have a decent amount of health and they don't lol and if they hurt you change the bubble dispel them heal yourself and change it back rofl it may fail but try it anyways xD i hope my tips worked out >:O (Blaze Moonmender promethean)