Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Different Races for Wizards

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Dec 28, 2008
Anyone else think there should be more races to choose from in the begining of the game?

Like a Draconian, or one of the other races through out the spiral.

I know they got the polymorph potions.

I think it would add more diversity to the game, and may attract more players.

Archon
Oct 24, 2010
Ashblade88 on Apr 14, 2013 wrote:
Anyone else think there should be more races to choose from in the begining of the game?

I think the game is fine as is, especially at the first 10 levels or so.

Defender
Sep 09, 2012
I would like to know if I could be a lion....

Defender
Feb 27, 2009
Uh, races? They would have to change how the game works but if the post was sometime around when the game launched the would probably do it as most wizards wouldn't be accustomed to Wizard101 yet so it's likely a big NO! Sorry; they may include it in their next game.

Champion
Aug 20, 2010
The game is called "Wizard101" not "Multi-races101"

Explorer
Oct 11, 2008
Now, I certainly think we need more customization options for sure at the beginning at the game, but Races
like those in the spiral kinda wouldn't really work. Firstly, they say we are not from the spiral(It is implied that we are from real life) So Spiral Races would contradict the plot to an extent. I wouldn't disagree with humanistic, non-Spiral races such as elves or dwarfs(Would be awesome to play as a dwarf!) Maybe School themed Races as well, but not really Spiral Races. What I think would work better, however, would be permanent Transformation Potions, pretty much allowing you to play as Spiral Races. There could be an extension that allows you to change colors and equipment while transformed.

Geographer
Mar 12, 2013
I think the point is, if you want to be an elf go play one of the big fantasy MMOs that let you choose to be an elf.

Although I sort of wish I had a permanent Gobbler effect so that all my attacks for the rest of my wizard's life, were some form of flatulence. I would pay hard cash for that, let alone crowns.

KI, you are missing out on a gold mine of potty humor enthusiasts with jobs and salaries.

(Okay I realize it would get old after a while but I would love to play a level 90 ice wizard named Greebly Windbreaker)

Explorer
Feb 29, 2012
Ashblade88 on Apr 14, 2013 wrote:

no because Ambrose clearly says something like "where this wizard comes from they don't believe in magic"