Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

The boss cheats by reshuffling???

AuthorMessage
Geographer
Nov 22, 2010
I fail to understand what this is supposed to accomplish, beyond ensuring I don't run out of cards in the battle with him.

Which is exactly what it did.

I carry a very small deck into boss battles. Just the cards I actually need - one attack, one blade, two traps... and one reshuffle.

That way, I have the cards I need in my hand without digging for them.

Thanks to the boss, I never had to use my pips for a reshuffle and had no trouble beating him.

Not sure what the point of the cheat is?

Armiger
Jan 11, 2012
I don't remember the name of the boss, but I remember this battle. It never bothered me because I had a plan of attack going into it. i did NOT use the Reshuffle strategy like I do now, and knew that boss did that. My approach was, at that point, "Im not concerned, I'll use what I get and make sure I have strong attacks so I can hit him within the next round or two".

Survivor
Dec 30, 2010
i dragged one of my friends along and when the boss kept reshuffling us he told me the boss had taken some of his cards well he didn't to me or maybe idk lol

Survivor
May 25, 2009
The point of this boss reshuffling you was to delay time and wasn't supposed to hurt you but only to prolong the battle making things a bit of an annoyance. I remember fighting that boss with a full dungeon, it annoyed us all to have to wait while he constantly reshuffles us. So there you go, his cheating strategy is only mess with you mentally.

Squire
Jul 04, 2012
crystalwizard12345... on Apr 13, 2013 wrote:
I fail to understand what this is supposed to accomplish, beyond ensuring I don't run out of cards in the battle with him.

Which is exactly what it did.

I carry a very small deck into boss battles. Just the cards I actually need - one attack, one blade, two traps... and one reshuffle.

That way, I have the cards I need in my hand without digging for them.

Thanks to the boss, I never had to use my pips for a reshuffle and had no trouble beating him.

Not sure what the point of the cheat is?
Thanks for the advice i am gonna start carrying reshuffle now i didn't know what purpose it served!

Defender
Dec 20, 2010
I would assume the boss would use reshuffle on you to distract you from "setting" up your deck for a preplanned attack, such as holding cards until you were ready to use them. By reshuffling them back into the deck, you are forced to adjust accordingly.

Armiger
Feb 25, 2009
Unfortunately, the name of this boss eludes me at the moment, but, I soloed this boss with my life wizard. But, I also read the quest guides that are posted on Central AND, they do help you prepare for most battles especially if you do a lot of solo.

This battle in particular was actually rather funny. No, he does not steal your cards when he reshuffles your deck, and in some cases, he may actually help you out by doing this. I never go into a battle of any kind with less than 3 each of the cards I know I will need.

My life wizard also carries several different decks based on the different mobs/bosses. One deck is strictly a boss deck with only a minor adjustment depending on the boss. Mob decks are set based on the school of the mob for which most only need minor adjustments as well. I do have one deck set for fighting Life only mobs/bosses with no adjustments needed. My final deck is for Farming only and is adjusted based on what I am farming for and the mob/boss.

I would say the purpose of this cheat will depend on how large your deck is. The more spells you have packed in for this boss, the greater the chances are that when he uses reshuffle on you, you will not have the spell you want when you want it.