Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

fizzle rate change request

AuthorMessage
Geographer
Nov 22, 2010
Personally, I find it very unrealistic that a high level mage should still be botching a first level spell. A level 60 life wizard should never fizzle a sprite for example. By the time the mage is level 60, he or she should be able to cast something like sprite in his or her sleep, or with the flick of a finger.

The same goes for spells that someone casts all the time. By the time a wizard has cast a spell several thousand times, it should never fizzle.

I'm requesting that the KI design staff consider some much needed modifications to fizzle to reflect spells that have been cast so many times that the wizard shouldn't even need to think about them any more and the same for spells in the caster's school that are many levels below the casters own level.

Archon
Oct 24, 2010
crystalwizard12345... on Apr 13, 2013 wrote:
Personally, I find it very unrealistic that a high level mage should still be botching a first level spell. A level 60 life wizard should never fizzle a sprite for example. By the time the mage is level 60, he or she should be able to cast something like sprite in his or her sleep, or with the flick of a finger.

The same goes for spells that someone casts all the time. By the time a wizard has cast a spell several thousand times, it should never fizzle.

I'm requesting that the KI design staff consider some much needed modifications to fizzle to reflect spells that have been cast so many times that the wizard shouldn't even need to think about them any more and the same for spells in the caster's school that are many levels below the casters own level.
I don't see this happening. Fizzles happen; the spells have the percentage on them - as an example, that sprite spell can fizzle 10% of the time for each and every time it is cast. Built up your accuracy, it helps, but does not guarantee 100% accuracy.
This is part of gaming... it's not a big deal, especially at your level.

Survivor
Sep 29, 2012
Lol I am a Diviner, and my storm spells fizzle ALL THE TIME. I don't think Kingsisle should raise Life's accuracy, 90% accuracy is high enough. If you fizzle so much, you should get gear that raises your accuracy.

If spells didn't fizzle as much as they do now, the game would be too easy and not as fun. I don't mind when my spells fizzle, it's annoying yes, but with good strategy those difficulties can be overcome.

Survivor
Mar 12, 2011
The fizzle rate does need to be changed. It is broken. As a 77 myth player I have 99% accuracy, and I never fizzle unless I have an anti accuracy spell cast on me, and even those that reduce my accuracy by -45% I still almost never fizzle. This I am happy about, but it doesn't mean it's right. I still should fizzle and it never happens. Where as my 77 ice friend, whose accuracy is 94% fizzles 1 in 4 spells. A difference of 5% should not cause such high level wizard to fail spells. And these are not just ice spells. He has failed any spell at the same rate. He always fizzles more than his stats claim he should. It is just broken.

Defender
Jan 02, 2011
RavenLady777 on Apr 14, 2013 wrote:
I don't see this happening. Fizzles happen; the spells have the percentage on them - as an example, that sprite spell can fizzle 10% of the time for each and every time it is cast. Built up your accuracy, it helps, but does not guarantee 100% accuracy.
This is part of gaming... it's not a big deal, especially at your level.
That has nothing to do with this request.

1. those percentages on them are already modified by accuracy on gear and astral spells

2. it doesn't have to be part of gaming, it just is right now. There's no code in the game to take into consideration how much a wizard has progressed. I'm asking for that to be implemented