Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Someone get that dog a tissue

AuthorMessage
Geographer
Nov 22, 2010
I'm so very tired of Orthus coming out of the ground, sticking his head up in the air and then dripping snot all over my character before he actually attacks.

I'm not real sure what the intention behind the graphics was, and I know that there has to be something that shows his shield breaking attack before the main attack, but come on. He's had a cold or allergies for far too long.

Would someone on the graphic design team please come up with something less disgusting. Bad enough the frog throws up all over you, don't need a dog with a runny nose too.

Squire
Jul 04, 2012
crystalwizard12345... on Apr 13, 2013 wrote:
I'm so very tired of Orthus coming out of the ground, sticking his head up in the air and then dripping snot all over my character before he actually attacks.

I'm not real sure what the intention behind the graphics was, and I know that there has to be something that shows his shield breaking attack before the main attack, but come on. He's had a cold or allergies for far too long.

Would someone on the graphic design team please come up with something less disgusting. Bad enough the frog throws up all over you, don't need a dog with a runny nose too.
Thats gross come on there are so many gross spells on w101 like the humongo frog as the other player mentioned. I also am disturbed with the natures wrath spell without clothing.

Archon
Oct 24, 2010
crystalwizard12345... on Apr 13, 2013 wrote:

What I don't understand is why they changed the original animation (the current one is an "improvement").
As the saying goes, if it's not broke, don't fix it. It was perfect before, and now, yeah, it's a mess. Although it's not supposed to be snot... I think it's supposed to be moon rays. It sure doesn't look that way though!

Explorer
Sep 01, 2012
Well, I think the Orthrus animation is great, And I wouldn't change it. Of course that's my own opinion, But to me it is not gross at all. In fact, It doesn't look like snot at all. I can agree with you, It takes a little getting used to Humongofrog and Blood Bat.

Geographer
Mar 12, 2013
Not to mention the dry-cleaning bill you get after a conjurer duel. You're better off just stuffing the robes into the fireplace and saying you were attacked by a wild sunbird instead. XD

Explorer
Jun 20, 2009
"Thats gross come on there are so many gross spells on w101 like the humongo frog as the other player mentioned. I also am disturbed with the natures wrath spell without clothing."
-random2270
Nature's Wrath without clothes should NOT be a big deal. It's a tree, for Pete's sake, it's not like its got anything to cover! That is not disturbing. At all.

Marissa BattleFlame
Queen of the Seraphs

Delver
Aug 12, 2009
Maybe they will come out with an umbrella wand you can hide under? ^_^i

Survivor
May 18, 2011
I think the animation for Orthrus is supposed to be wind coming out of its mouth when it howls. For me, I'm perfectly fine with how it looks. As for Humongofrog, I'd say it's disgusting and makes me want to take a bath in the pool in the Commons after a duel.

Kymma Anvilheart-Diviner of the Sky

Geographer
Mar 12, 2013
It would be nice to mod the animation for Humongofrog so it's not eructating green slime on all enemies.

Say, make it lash out with a sticky green tongue at each enemy in turn, instead.

It's such a good spell...sad to see it have such a nauseating graphic :(

Survivor
Jul 18, 2009
I think it's supposed to be him howling out a stream of air.

was the title a chris smoove reference? :)