Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Mounts

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Mar 21, 2011
My suggestion to the people that made wizard101 is to have wing mounts to match each school. For example, my school fire could have wings bursting in colorful flames. I'm sure it would be a new way to find more money coming the company's way. Either way it can't hurt to buisness whether not it doesn't do successfully. My idea for storm (JUST an idea) could be lighting wings with rain falling from the bottom. It would be a joy to see people representing their school in more ways then just the outlined colors in outfits.
Also if someone did have their school wings it would be easier to see what school they are in if your wondering rather than having to constantley click on people. If this becomes and idea you consider, could you consider giving me my very own pair of fire wings and maybe a badge that says I'm the founder of this idea? Thanks for reading! - Wizard: Brittany Darktail, level 36, school of fire.

Survivor
Mar 12, 2011
I think that could be a good idea. I would go so far as to make them unremoveable. I, and probably many others like to change our outfit colours, and without clicking on people it is hard to see what school they are. But I wouldn't make them mounts. I would make them an item, like an accessory. And you would have to do a quest to gain them, and possible they give a small stat boost. Like +5 to damage or resist for example.

Each school would need some cool wings. I have some idea about those.

Fire: what you said was good, fire wings
Death: Bat wings
Life: Butterfly/ Wings that are a leaf
Ice: Snowflakes shaped like wings
Storm: Lightning bolts out the back shaped like wings
Balance: Multi colour wings
Myth: Wings shaped like the myth symbol

Survivor
Jun 14, 2012
If you guys could make a saber-tooth mount that would be cool. I would definitely buy some crowns and buy the mount.

Mastermind
Jun 01, 2009
Myrna StrongHorn on Apr 9, 2013 wrote:
I think that could be a good idea. I would go so far as to make them unremoveable. I, and probably many others like to change our outfit colours, and without clicking on people it is hard to see what school they are. But I wouldn't make them mounts. I would make them an item, like an accessory. And you would have to do a quest to gain them, and possible they give a small stat boost. Like +5 to damage or resist for example.

btw there are already bat wings, although i love this idea, here's my idea for the wings though

Fire: red wings with flames coming out of them
Ice: turquoise colored wings that are frozen and have small snowflakes falling from them
Life: Maple tree leaves with little sparkling leaves falling from them
Death: wings that are just the bones of the wings with little black sparkles
Storm: lightning strikes as the "bones" of the wings and purple clouds for the rest of it, with little rain drops falling from them
Myth: golden wings with little blue eye myth symbols on them and sparkly myth symbols falling around you
Balance: tan colored wings, much like the color of renaissance wings, with little balance symbols drawn on them and sparkling sand falling from them
ps. i really couldn't think of anything for balance :P

Survivor
Mar 21, 2011
MythWizardForeves on Apr 12, 2013 wrote:
btw there are already bat wings, although i love this idea, here's my idea for the wings though

Fire: red wings with flames coming out of them
Ice: turquoise colored wings that are frozen and have small snowflakes falling from them
Life: Maple tree leaves with little sparkling leaves falling from them
Death: wings that are just the bones of the wings with little black sparkles
Storm: lightning strikes as the "bones" of the wings and purple clouds for the rest of it, with little rain drops falling from them
Myth: golden wings with little blue eye myth symbols on them and sparkly myth symbols falling around you
Balance: tan colored wings, much like the color of renaissance wings, with little balance symbols drawn on them and sparkling sand falling from them
ps. i really couldn't think of anything for balance :P
That is a good idea but the fire wings and storm you put there are at the top in my suggestions but I love the fact that we have the same idea. :) What I thought of for balance was sandy colored wings with and the symbol and the sparkling sand falling down was an excellent idea, and to give the wings some jazz could be when someone jumps with theirs wings on, tornadoes sorround them for a few seconds. Ps. All you ideas are really good! :p

Survivor
Mar 21, 2011
Myrna StrongHorn on Apr 9, 2013 wrote:

Awesome ideas! Maybe for like everyone who modies the whole wing thing could get a founder bagde sort of thing and we could become like a permanent group on wizard101. Although, I'd have to remove some people so I can friend y'all! That'd be totally awesome!!!!!!! :p I love wizard101 and all of your ideas! Hope to hear from you again! :D

Survivor
Apr 13, 2013
Well, it WOULD be pretty cool if Kingsisle like, LOWERS the mount prices for crowns and the ones you buy from Zeke should be lower than 2000 gold and should be 7 day mounts just a suggestion

Jessica Death
Death school
level 13

Explorer
Sep 01, 2012
My Ideas ~
~ Fire- Blue and red Flaming wings, With little orange sparks raining down from them
~ Ice- Blue wings, ( Fluffy like Seraph wings ) With snowflakes falling from them
~ Storm- Purple sparking wings, With thundering sounds coming from them once and a while
~ Myth- Yellow and blue wings, That have little eyeballs falling from them like in the spell Time Of Legend
~ Life- Green seraph wings leaving a rainbow trail
~ Death- Grayish-Back sparking wings with skulls falling from them
~ Balance- Tan Sparking wings with occasional tiny sandstorm trail
Hope you like my ideas!
~ Sabrina MistCloud, Level 47 Myth student ( For now! )

Survivor
Feb 02, 2013
Geographer
Mar 12, 2013
Nah for storm it should be an umbrella. You fly about with the umbrella caught in the wind and turned inside out, just like Mary Poppins. It folds up when you are stationary.

When you enter battle, the closed umbrella becomes your wand. You hold it out in front of you, pointing at the enemy, then it opens with a snap and a spray of raindrops and a glint of steel. Then the spell resolution/fizzle effect follows.

It comes with one item card, Supercalifragilistic Expialidocious [sp], that is a boosted version of Infallible. >_>

300n crowns, where n = the level of storm wizard you intend to buy it for.

Defender
Aug 26, 2011
Lauren4Lyfe on Apr 6, 2013 wrote:
My suggestion to the people that made wizard101 is to have wing mounts to match each school. For example, my school fire could have wings bursting in colorful flames. I'm sure it would be a new way to find more money coming the company's way. Either way it can't hurt to buisness whether not it doesn't do successfully. My idea for storm (JUST an idea) could be lighting wings with rain falling from the bottom. It would be a joy to see people representing their school in more ways then just the outlined colors in outfits.
Also if someone did have their school wings it would be easier to see what school they are in if your wondering rather than having to constantley click on people. If this becomes and idea you consider, could you consider giving me my very own pair of fire wings and maybe a badge that says I'm the founder of this idea? Thanks for reading! - Wizard: Brittany Darktail, level 36, school of fire.
good idea, but why limit them to wings? ok we already have a hydra mount but what else can you do? plus i also like the idea of them not being a mount (if they were wings) but no bonuses, wouldn't be fair. i think that it's a good way to identify school but turn it off for pvp (keeps you guessing) that's all i have!

-gab ashcaller level 65 balance

Survivor
Mar 21, 2011
crunkatog on May 2, 2013 wrote:
Nah for storm it should be an umbrella. You fly about with the umbrella caught in the wind and turned inside out, just like Mary Poppins. It folds up when you are stationary.

When you enter battle, the closed umbrella becomes your wand. You hold it out in front of you, pointing at the enemy, then it opens with a snap and a spray of raindrops and a glint of steel. Then the spell resolution/fizzle effect follows.

It comes with one item card, Supercalifragilistic Expialidocious [sp], that is a boosted version of Infallible. >_>

300n crowns, where n = the level of storm wizard you intend to buy it for.
It would be better if it stuck to wings only otherwise people in storm would look really weird being the only one with an umbrella. Plus, having wings can show people how dramatic you can be at creating them to see how different they all turn out I do like the idea though, trust me. But at the same time it doesn't fit the whole wing theme, that's the whole idea I had too. A theme. For example:
Wings bursting in flames with sparks of fire falling softly to the ground.
Wings in the shape of seraph wings with lightning shooting out of them and instead of rain falling from the bottom of them, there should be thundering noises every so often.
wings made of icicles in the shape of butterfly wings with elegant snowflakes falling ever so slowly from underneath.
And so on and so forth. You get the idea of the theme...... and creativity. :) (:

Survivor
Jan 26, 2012
Love love love this idea, someone report this to the highest authority in kingsisle! They don't listen to our ideas much sadly... :/