Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Mirror lake "PVP pad hoppers".

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jul 28, 2012
I have noticed recently that there are usually some players that congregate around the entrance of mirror lake, typically in the crowded realms such as Ambrose and other realms at the top of the list and usually displaying PVP badges and gear. These players have the habit of hopping on the pads to enter into the dungeon instance and hopping off at the last second. This prevents other players who actually wish to enter into the instance with a full team and forces them to exit and attempt to try to re-enter. It also makes things a bit complicated for those that wish to enter solo, such as those who have been defeated.

I have encountered these players numerous times, and sometimes having to exit and re-enter the instance ten or more times before getting sufficient number of players for a good team. I consider this behavior a form or harassment or intimidation to other players, especially those that do not PVP.

I would like to request that KI deem this behavior as a violation of the TOS and dispatch some "Wizard City Protectors" to the mirror lake entrance and attempt to catch some of these players in the act and issue warnings and/or more serious penalties.

Thank you.

Archon
Oct 24, 2010
Blaze Shadowrider on Apr 5, 2013 wrote:
I have noticed recently that there are usually some players that congregate around the entrance of mirror lake, typically in the crowded realms such as Ambrose and other realms at the top of the list and usually displaying PVP badges and gear. These players have the habit of hopping on the pads to enter into the dungeon instance and hopping off at the last second. This prevents other players who actually wish to enter into the instance with a full team and forces them to exit and attempt to try to re-enter. It also makes things a bit complicated for those that wish to enter solo, such as those who have been defeated.

I have encountered these players numerous times, and sometimes having to exit and re-enter the instance ten or more times before getting sufficient number of players for a good team. I consider this behavior a form or harassment or intimidation to other players, especially those that do not PVP.

I would like to request that KI deem this behavior as a violation of the TOS and dispatch some "Wizard City Protectors" to the mirror lake entrance and attempt to catch some of these players in the act and issue warnings and/or more serious penalties.

Thank you.
Excellent suggestion. This should be reportable since it is completely interfering with people's ability to actually play the game. This likens itself to bullying and should be stopped.

Illuminator
Oct 22, 2011
Wow, I have noticed this more and more, even with Waterworks, when you need to get back in by yourself, and you get a bunch of sigil hoppers.

On another note, I see this in the Hatchery. When you are trying to hatch with someone in particular, some people will run over and jump on the sigil just before you do. It's so annoying. Some do it because they are desperate to hatch with anyone, and some do it because they can. Sometimes you have to do lot of realm hopping to find a semi-empty hatchery.

Survivor
Dec 10, 2011
BrynnerOfReign on Apr 5, 2013 wrote:
Wow, I have noticed this more and more, even with Waterworks, when you need to get back in by yourself, and you get a bunch of sigil hoppers.

On another note, I see this in the Hatchery. When you are trying to hatch with someone in particular, some people will run over and jump on the sigil just before you do. It's so annoying. Some do it because they are desperate to hatch with anyone, and some do it because they can. Sometimes you have to do lot of realm hopping to find a semi-empty hatchery.
Wow, I didn't know that it annoyed people so much. Did you notice if any of the people that were doing it had the text chat option? I know I don't, which means that it is very hard to communicate with people that are waiting outside the hard dungeons. So, sometimes I go onto the sigil and hope that people that need to complete the dungeon will go on with me. When no one does, I leave the sigil. I am sincerely sorry to anyone that is offended and think that I am making their life hard on purpose. I do not, however, have a cool PVP badge, so I at least know that the complaints are not aimed at me. I don't want to get reported, just because I'm trying to have a fun time and progress in the game just like everyone else. I will try not to do this so much, but I think that KI should add a dungeons section
for people who don't have Text Chat. Here are what the three sentences should be: "Do you want to do this dungeon with me?" and "I do not want to do this dungeon with you" and finally "Please stop going onto that sigil, my group wants to go in."

Explorer
Jul 22, 2009
Yes I have been trying to get Frostbit armor in the Waterworks and there is multiple hoppers. When I was doing mirror lake to get past it someone hopped we beat it anyways.. but I really wanna get my Frostbit gear.

Explorer
Sep 01, 2012
Well, I think the best thing to do is switch Realms. If they are bothering you, don't stay near them.

Illuminator
Oct 22, 2011
Fishburt700 on Apr 6, 2013 wrote:
Wow, I didn't know that it annoyed people so much. Did you notice if any of the people that were doing it had the text chat option? I know I don't, which means that it is very hard to communicate with people that are waiting outside the hard dungeons. So, sometimes I go onto the sigil and hope that people that need to complete the dungeon will go on with me. When no one does, I leave the sigil. I am sincerely sorry to anyone that is offended and think that I am making their life hard on purpose. I do not, however, have a cool PVP badge, so I at least know that the complaints are not aimed at me. I don't want to get reported, just because I'm trying to have a fun time and progress in the game just like everyone else. I will try not to do this so much, but I think that KI should add a dungeons section
for people who don't have Text Chat. Here are what the three sentences should be: "Do you want to do this dungeon with me?" and "I do not want to do this dungeon with you" and finally "Please stop going onto that sigil, my group wants to go in."
Just to clarify, it is undersandable that people want to do the dungeon, or need help, so they will hop on the sigil with you. This is not the problem. The problem is people who purposely jump on the sigil to annoy or mess up your group. In a dungeon like Mirror Lake or Waterworks, you can't change realms to re-join your teammates.

I agree there needs to be more options to the Text Chat menu for dungeons.

Survivor
May 11, 2009
Fishburt700 on Apr 6, 2013 wrote:
I agree with you. And I don't think it should be reportable because someone might not even know your frustrated with them if they don't have text chat.

Archon
Feb 07, 2011
i ran into this once, when i was visiting spiral geographic with my balance wizard.

i was in with a friend and, because it's a no-port dungeon, we had to jump back on the sigil every time we were defeated and hope that no one got on with us, because not getting back to the other person meant that we'd have to restart the instance.

well, there was a group standing outside the dungeon. and, when i tried to go inside, 2 of 3 of them would jump on with me.... and i couldn't realm-hop, because it would reset the instance.

ki, please do something about this. kthanksbye.

-von
promethean sorceress & necromancer

Armiger
Feb 25, 2009
BrynnerOfReign on Apr 7, 2013 wrote:
Just to clarify, it is undersandable that people want to do the dungeon, or need help, so they will hop on the sigil with you. This is not the problem. The problem is people who purposely jump on the sigil to annoy or mess up your group. In a dungeon like Mirror Lake or Waterworks, you can't change realms to re-join your teammates.

I agree there needs to be more options to the Text Chat menu for dungeons.
Que is right on this issue.

It is a problem for those trying to re-join their team mates in particular dungeons. And Text chat and Menu chat makes it even harder to communicate.

I have been checking this Mirror lake sigil jumpers in several realms and so far have not found any but, I don't doubt that is is happening.

I would like to suggest that if you are going in as a team for the first time, try to do so in a perfect realm.

As for those doing this to mess up your trying to re-join team mates, the only thing I can suggest if you have the ability to do so is to do a video of it happening and send it to KI. Be sure to have the chat box open just incase there are any comments made by the one doing this, BUT do not post that video on any of the fansites. There are rules against posting other players names for public view.

By KI making these dungeons so that those that have not completed the required quests or are not the right level can't port in, It has also made it harder for those that were in to get back in.

What would help is if KI could set the dungeon so that each team member could leave a return mark just inside so that if they did have to flee to heal and return, it would be much easier and also make it so that once they were back in, they would be able to port to another team member instead of having to run through to catch up.

KI, there does need to be some changes made for this kind of problem.

Squire
Mar 07, 2011
SabrinaMisty on Apr 6, 2013 wrote:
Well, I think the best thing to do is switch Realms. If they are bothering you, don't stay near them.
You can't switch realms if you died and have to re-enter the instance alone. Switching realms and re-entering would start the instance all over again from the beginning.