Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Friending

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Dec 27, 2009
I hate this! (not friending in genral ) Here i am in the pet pallivion and i'm with my ram warrior pet, deciding what to do next and then boom! i get like 7 friend request from a lvl 2. and i don't want to turn friend requests off because i meet a lot of people. So in topic can KI make it so you can only friend a wizard once every few minutes?

Community Leader
Archon
Oct 24, 2010
pariahwinter on Apr 4, 2013 wrote:
I hate this! (not friending in genral ) Here i am in the pet pallivion and i'm with my ram warrior pet, deciding what to do next and then boom! i get like 7 friend request from a lvl 2. and i don't want to turn friend requests off because i meet a lot of people. So in topic can KI make it so you can only friend a wizard once every few minutes?
You can easily turn the friend request option back on if you meet someone with whom you want to be friends. At a certain point, I turn mine off. I'm tired of level 2 trying to friend my level 67 Ice wizard. Yeah, that's not going to happen.

Hero
Jul 30, 2012
I agree. Only one friend request/minute to a certain person should be possible. (I believe the reporting option currently works like this... you can't just keep reporting the same person repeatedly).

For some reason people often send two friend requests - not sure why. I have also encountered annoying people who keep repeatedly sending requests. As the OP mentions it is not always desirable to turn off the friend request option, and its frustrating when we must turn off good gaming features because of annoying abusers.

Explorer
Aug 23, 2012
Paige MoonShade on Apr 4, 2013 wrote:
Go to options, lock and turn off friend requests. :)
She just said she doesnt want to turn them off so she can meet more people. Back to the topic, if you dont want to turn them off, then you will either have to deal with it, or just keep clicking no.

Survivor
Jun 18, 2012
I get alot of friend request im level 73 i hate friend request from lower levels.I get so that I have to leave

Survivor
Sep 22, 2009
pariahwinter on Apr 4, 2013 wrote:
try switching realms, logging off, and, yes, turning off friend requests for some time, until the person logs off, so that they will never see you again

Delver
Oct 30, 2011
RavenLady777 on Apr 4, 2013 wrote:
You can easily turn the friend request option back on if you meet someone with whom you want to be friends. At a certain point, I turn mine off. I'm tired of level 2 trying to friend my level 67 Ice wizard. Yeah, that's not going to happen.
How bout my lvl 52 death wizard?He loves to help friends.He does not quest often.